Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 24-02-2015, 11:29 PM
StarRobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
lolllll
I love the show it's the best ghost hunting show by far but i watch it just for the ghost no women in the daaaarn show!!!
I don't want to say something about someone and i don't know if it true so i
rather no say if you really want to know read on the net about him.
Hint his not gay if you think that i asume his not

Nah I didn't think that! He is very good for the show, the right personality for atmosphere! That reminds me, I need to watch last Saturday's episode!
Old 26-02-2015, 07:49 PM
Master
That reminds me to watch s10 e09 return to tumbstone tomorrow.What episode are you watching.hope its very active
Old 26-02-2015, 08:48 PM
Knower

any show that makes money based off of rating from a network is bound to be faked at some point. Why? Well, because they make their livelihood off of their show and if no one watches it then it gets cancelled. If something happens every single episode, along with the jump scare music which sometimes masks whatever it is they say they heard, then people stay interested. If the people, in the case of ghost adventures, are extremly jumpy then its funny if nothing else. At the same time, if you go to enough haunted places with the intention of finding something you're bound to find it. On the other hand, I lived in a very haunted house for a long time and sometimes I'd go weeks without experiencing anything. Other times, it would just be a bad feeling or something of the like, which is difficult to relay to the audience through the medium of a camera. So, all and all, who knows. Im not saying its fake, they made news at one point, as did Josh Gates and his show "destination truth", but they have to keep people interested. Spirits, elementals, etc arent always cooperative so perhaps at times they have to fake it or else they don't eat ya dig?
Old 27-02-2015, 11:15 AM
StarRobin

Quote:
That reminds me to watch s10 e09 return to tumbstone tomorrow.What episode are you watching.hope its very active

I've just watched that one on YouTube, it was quite good! Debunked a couple of things but good evidence! I don't know if you live in the UK but they have just started showing season 10 here. But I'm impatient and watch it all on YouTube! You'll be pleased to know after your comment the other day...there are women in this one!

*And Zak looks good as a cowboy!*
Old 27-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Knower

I've been investigating for a while now and I concur with what Teak said about investigating. It can be quite boring. Like a police stakeout. You can spend a good 5-10 hours investigating a location and not have anything register on your equipment. Then you have to go back an relive that 5-10 hours of audio and video footage to see if you caught that one EVP or oddity on video tape.

But I don't think anything on Ghost Adventures is faked. The problem with the show is that, while quite entertaining to watch, is that Zak tries to make everything out to be a demon or something evil. Demons and negative entities are quite rare. Not every 3 knock or 3 scratch marks is a mocking of the Trinity. Take your hand and extend it out to a wall until the tip of your middle finger touches the wall. Now extend just a bit until your index and ringer fingers are touching. Notice now far your thumb and pinky fingers are from the wall. If somebody was trying to scratch you from almost a full arms length you can see how easy it would be to come up with only 3 scratch marks.

Like Anthony mentioned, they go to the most haunted places in the country, including a few overseas. So its believable that they can catch something in every episode. But if you notice, its not like every episode is chalk full of evidence. In some shows, when they spend the first half of it explaining the history of the location and reenactments, you know the 2nd half is going to be slow. Why? It's because they got little to present in the way of evidence. They do a good job in debunking items.

Sure some EVPs are barely audible and sketchy at best. Watching a melmter drop 2 degrees or show a 0.5 MG EMF reading shows possible activity, but its so old now that its hard to get excited about it if nothing else happens to back it up, such as a good EVP. Even the temperature on a device showing 66.6 degress is really over hyped up. The temperature reading on a melmeter can drop up and down slightly in a given range at the drop of a dime. I guarantee you that if you are in a location with a base reading of between say 65-68 over the night, at some point you are going to find your meter show a 66.6 temp. Even if its just for a brief moment. So you snap a photo at that exact moment and bingo! You have a demon lurking nearby? Highly unlikely. Even if you had a 75 degree temp and it all of a sudden dropped down to 66.6 that does not mean demon. It could be a human spirit playing pranks to try to scare people.

Of course some people are always going to cry fake, but that is the easy thing to do when they themselves won't go out in the field and see what is involved. Like was said, you have to take the TV shows with a grain of salt.

At a convention I was at a few years ago, I talked to one of the celebs from one of the TV shows and told me that the suits behind the scenes are the biggest pains. They could have captured a decent interaction on camera, but the suits might have found it boring, but found the debunked scream more interesting. Like in GA's last epsiode to Tombstone. They thought they heard somebody singing or moaning inside the Bird Cage Theater. Until they went outside and found out it was a loud karaoke bar down the street.

GA could have kept that debunking out to make it seem like there really was paranormal activity going on. To their credit, they didn't leave it out. But suits at another network would have been more interested in creating good TV theater. So the celeb told me they never know what was going into an episode until they saw it live. They signed over their "creative control" to the network.

Have some shows faked evidence? Yes, I would say so. Has Ghost Adventures? I don't think so, maybe a little over embellishment here and there of sounds and EVPs and demons.
Old 27-02-2015, 08:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarRobin
I've just watched that one on YouTube, it was quite good! Debunked a couple of things but good evidence! I don't know if you live in the UK but they have just started showing season 10 here. But I'm impatient and watch it all on YouTube! You'll be pleased to know after your comment the other day...there are women in this one!

*And Zak looks good as a cowboy!*
I'll take your word for that and will be good,good evidence and nice ladies
It's going to be great.
I live in South Africa i watch it on you tube too.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:58 PM
StarRobin

anthony c have you managed to watch the new episode "demons in Seattle"? If so, what did you think?
Old 02-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Master
Quote:
anthony c have you managed to watch the new episode "demons in Seattle"? If so, what did you think?
Hi Robin
No i have not but i am def. going to watch it tomorrow what an title sound interesting.
Will let you know tomorrow!!!
Do u believe in demons?
The last episode was good.The best evidence to me was when the fans told them they missed evidence which makes it much more believable the last time they were there...but what i did not like was when Zack after he told Aron to shut up then he said listen and before he said listen there was no sounds.As he just said listen then u here the foot steps which to me is not so believable.
I could be wrong but it sounds fishy to me and those foot steps were very loud for a ghost.
So i don't know what happens next episode but i will keep an open mind.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:15 PM
StarRobin

Quote:
Hi Robin
No i have not but i am def. going to watch it tomorrow what an title sound interesting.
Will let you know tomorrow!!!
Do u believe in demons?
The last episode was good.The best evidence to me was when the fans told them they missed evidence which makes it much more believable the last time they were there...but what i did not like was when Zack after he told Aron to shut up then he said listen and before he said listen there was no sounds.As he just said listen then u here the foot steps which to me is not so believable.
I could be wrong but it sounds fishy to me and those foot steps were very loud for a ghost.
So i don't know what happens next episode but i will keep an open mind.

I noticed that about Zak too, there were no sounds. I thought maybe Aaron accidentally made those footstep noises but they didn't realise. Unfortunately yes I believe they exist. But this episode....it's very interesting. It's interesting to see the crew's reaction to the couple in the house. I think it shows the crew's credibility.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
I noticed that about Zak too, there were no sounds. I thought maybe Aaron accidentally made those footstep noises but they didn't realise. Unfortunately yes I believe they exist. But this episode....it's very interesting. It's interesting to see the crew's reaction to the couple in the house. I think it shows the crew's credibility.

Wow what a boring episode and yes to me it def. makes them more credible
for sure!!Goes to show you that people can fake these kinda stuff.The couple could of faked the haunting maybe his wife was faking it or she was possessed.
Maybe she had an attachment but to me i think they faked it!!If i had rent a house with so much activity like they said i would not sleep there like Zack said.
To me the couple was just to calm in the investigation.
Not often do ghost adventures get no evidence 1 camera battery got drained maybe a battery or camera malfunction
I really don't know what to make of this episode