Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I never stated anything as fact... However can you say that there are not billions and billions of people stuck in such places upon death if that was what they were holding upon death? Whether you commit suicide or were hit by a car would not matter. That was not what I said. I was saying death would not change that. So taking your life would not change that experience. It would just make your life shorter.

Read up on those that have had NDE and see their experiences that they have shared upon their out of body experiences when they were holding onto fear. Read about those, like Lynn just mentioned that have not fully crossed over because they hold onto their fear of judgement.

um ... people who contemplate suicide do not fear death. it's living day after day after day after day in unremitting misery that they fear. death can look mighty friendly when there's no hope of relief.

that's what i don't think some folks can grasp because they haven't ever been in so much pain that they came to view death as a mercy.

and what bleak outlook you have! do you really believe that anyOne who dies in fear and in pain stays that way? tell you what ... if i believed as you do i'd make sure i had complete control over my exit, that i was well prepared with enough of all the best drugs. i sure wouldn't take my chances that i might die in fear and pain by accident.
Old 27-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
um ... people who contemplate suicide do not fear death. it's living day after day after day after day in unremitting misery that they fear. death can look mighty friendly when there's no hope of relief.

that's what i don't think some folks can grasp because they haven't ever been in so much pain that they came to view death as a mercy.

You shouldn't make judgements about what people have and have not done in their life. Or what they go through and have not gone through.

I never said anything about fear of death. I merely stated whether you commit suicide or you are killed by natural causes. It will not change the thoughts, or feelings that you had before you died. If you stayed in fear and suffering then you would continue that. Just because you died it does not change that fact of what you were still thinking.

There are even experiences of people that will verify such train of thoughts that have either had NDE, dreams, or astral traveling to places where they have seen those that have committed suicide, or have died with their head full of such thoughts.
Old 27-04-2011, 03:34 AM
Master
Quote:
and what bleak outlook you have! do you really believe that anyOne who dies in fear and in pain stays that way? tell you what ... if i believed as you do i'd make sure i had complete control over my exit, that i was well prepared with enough of all the best drugs. i sure wouldn't take my chances that i might die in fear and pain by accident.

You are quick to pass judgement on what I said. But I will say in none of my replies did I ever mention pain.
Old 27-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Master
Quote:
You shouldn't make judgements about what people have and have not done in their life. Or what they go through and have not gone through.

I never said anything about fear of death. I merely stated whether you commit suicide or you are killed by natural causes. It will not change the thoughts, or feelings that you had before you died. If you stayed in fear and suffering then you would continue that. Just because you died it does not change that fact of what you were still thinking.

There are even experiences of people that will verify such train of thoughts that have either had NDE, dreams, or astral traveling to places where they have seen those that have committed suicide, or have died with their head full of such thoughts.

believe what you want but reports by astral travelers, lucid dreamers and NDEs doesn't mean anything except to the folks who experienced them since every person's life and death experience is different, custom made.

it's so weird how people make up rules for situations that they know nothing about.
Old 27-04-2011, 03:42 AM
Master
Quote:
You are quick to pass judgement on what I said. But I will say in none of my replies did I ever mention pain.

pain causes fear. it's a natural body reaction. your belief system works for you but it sure wouldn't work for me because i might be fearful as i leave body and take that step into the unknown. according to you i'll end up suffering in a void of nothingness. what a merciless concept. no different than hell threats.

PFFFFT! on that.
Old 27-04-2011, 03:47 AM
Master
Quote:
pain causes fear. it's a natural body reaction. your belief system works for you but it sure wouldn't work for me because i might be fearful as i leave body and take that step into the unknown. according to you i'll end up suffering in a void of nothingness. what a merciless concept.

PFFFFT! on that.

Actually... I never said you would end up in a void of nothingness. I chose my reply carefully and never said for a fact that one would. I said it was possible.. but never said that it would happen.
Old 27-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Death would not be the end to fear if you were clinging onto fear, as you would just take it with you. The worst part is you would be moving to the mental planes. Which means what you think you draw to you. So if fear predominates your mind you would then bring fear to you in the mental planes. Faster than you could imagine in the physical plane.
That works for me. I don't know the details about how much of our earthly Lives we take with us into the next, but from what I've heard it's quite a lot - more than most would tell you it does. Perhaps going from this plane into the next is trauma in itself, never mind the baggage on top.

Quote:
If you are stuck in suffering then upon death you would continue to be stuck in suffering, and possible into a void of nothingness. So our fears and sufferings will not cease because we are deceased. It's not until we let go of them will we be able to be free of them.

Suicide would not be the option to get away from your earthly issues such as fear and suffering. You would continue to take them with you.
Ah now, there would come the question for me. If someone wants to get away from the pain and suffering by committing suicide? Perhaps they see the 'other side' as being free from pain and much happier, if that's the case then would they leave all that pain and suffering behind and have a better Life? Maybe that's not such a bad thing either.
Old 27-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
That works for me. I don't know the details about how much of our earthly Lives we take with us into the next, but from what I've heard it's quite a lot - more than most would tell you it does. Perhaps going from this plane into the next is trauma in itself, never mind the baggage on top.

To some I would imagine it would be a lot of trauma going from this plane to the next. More so if you are leaving behind kids, or spouses, family. To just be leaving that. Let alone if one felt it was early in their life. It could be very traumatic leaving this place. Let alone any other baggage you had on you upon leaving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Ah now, there would come the question for me. If someone wants to get away from the pain and suffering by committing suicide? Perhaps they see the 'other side' as being free from pain and much happier, if that's the case then would they leave all that pain and suffering behind and have a better Life? Maybe that's not such a bad thing either.

Most people that are in those shoes see death as an escape from the pain and suffering they are in. They think that if they died they could get out of the pain they are in, and things would get better. It does sound like a good thought... However, that is a chance you would be taking. Perhaps it's better, perhaps it's worse. Does one really want to take the chance to find out if it's better? To me the worst thought one could have in those shoes would be the possibility of having to come back and do it all over again. If one life is rough imagine having to do it a second time, or a third.
Old 27-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Master
ugh. one sure can get weary of scare tactics designed to hold people in "place", especially if the "place" the scare tactic is designed to hold them in is abject misery.
Old 27-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Administrator
Hello

I not be sure it's scare tactics. We are given LIFE to life and we are given a time when that life comes to an end. It is not maybe a natural end to take one's life.

I have talked to many that have made that choice and the act has not worked, they do not pass, and for some they are blessed to move forward for other's its a struggle again and in some cases they succeed. Is it right or wrong to take one's life that is not something I think anyone can truly answer. We can never be another person to feel that place they be in. We all have our levels of what one can take on and what one can not. Its all a path of evolving of our Soul. Maybe for some that is the Soul's path.

I can honestly say that in all I have worked with NEVER once have I had a Spirit say to me WHY did I do this as I so feel if it worked they were meant on some level to go. If not there would have been a devine intervention.

I remember sitting at me desk at work one day and a man sailed past me window. I felt no panic from him, he was at peace. I had talked to him a few times in the elevator and I talked to him after he left the Earth Plane. I knew why he choose that path, right or wrong is not anyone's place to choose.

Would there be lessons to learn, I would think yes, is there punishment as in Sin I have to say NO. It comes down to the free will to act. Til one is in that very dark and most times lonely place no one can say what one might or might not do, but we are give life and at times it is a HUGE struggle, for some that struggle is simply too much.

What is the saddest thing is where one does buy into that Sin aspect of takeing of one's life and gets Stuck in the crossing over.

Lynn