Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 12-11-2017, 12:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
Yes, no argument with JK’s assertion that truth cannot be organised.

My point is that if you are a seeker you are already on a path of sorts and the gravitational pull towards clarity is already in motion.

You may be drawn to disciplines such as traditional Advaita Vedanta or Buddhism or you may incline towards the more casual approach of attending meetings of satasang and ‘no path’ speakers. You might meditate or self inquire or spend time in nature. In these days of widespread media and technology your path might simply involve watching online videos and/or buying books and contributing to forums.

Either way, so long as you are seeking you will find yourself on a path (of sorts.)

Well, basically, we could look for something which isn't here now, or we could look more deeply into what is. I don't see how we can do both at the same time...
Old 12-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well, basically, we could look for something which isn't here now, or we could look more deeply into what is. I don't see how we can do both at the same time...

Firstly can I just make clear that I’m not advocating or promoting paths. I’m just pointing out that if you’re seeking then you are already on a path (of sorts - as I keep emphasising.) Seeking = path.

If there is a sense that there’s more to discover, more to be done etc. then that’s the definition of seeking and you’ll gravitate towards the most effective/intelligent means by which to accomplish that (some say this is endless.) If there is indeed the genuine felt-sense that nothing needs to be done, there’s really nowhere to go, everything is complete exactly as it unfolds… then seeking/path is redundant.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Firstly can I just make clear that I’m not advocating or promoting paths. I’m just pointing out that if you’re seeking then you are already on a path (of sorts - as I keep emphasising.) Seeking = path.

If there is a sense that there’s more to discover, more to be done etc. then that’s the definition of seeking and you’ll gravitate towards the most effective/intelligent means by which to accomplish that (some say this is endless.) If there is indeed the genuine felt-sense that nothing needs to be done, there’s really nowhere to go, everything is complete exactly as it unfolds… then seeking/path is redundant.

The way I see it is, if the psychology is in seeking mode, be aware that it is that way. Not to change that or stop that way of the mind, but to be conscious of it. Then 'you' are aware of the seeking, and have stopped seeking in that self-watching - and the seeker can continue in the same way, or cease to seek, and is not compelled to continue nor forced to stop.
Old 13-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
The way I see it is, if the psychology is in seeking mode, be aware that it is that way. Not to change that or stop that way of the mind, but to be conscious of it. Then 'you' are aware of the seeking, and have stopped seeking in that self-watching - and the seeker can continue in the same way, or cease to seek, and is not compelled to continue nor forced to stop.

The proverbial thorn to remove a thorn. Use a technique (mindfulness) to undermine the need for a technique.
Old 13-11-2017, 03:54 PM
I have found desire is needed to simply be aware, awake, cognizant of
Reality....instead of being trapped thinking anything I see is real....
instead of the truth that it is a wall appearing as a wall...but truly is love...
conscious and breathing all around me...then
Not forgetting the truth.
So not a path, per se, but a continual refocus....I call gently placing the needle
back into the groove.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I have found desire is needed to simply be aware, awake, cognizant of
Reality....instead of being trapped thinking anything I see is real....
instead of the truth that it is a wall appearing as a wall...but truly is love...
conscious and breathing all around me...then
Not forgetting the truth.
So not a path, per se, but a continual refocus....I call gently placing the needle
back into the groove.

Nice. Not so much seeking as gently reorienting... refreshing.
Old 13-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Nice. Not so much seeking as gently reorienting... refreshing.
Yes, refreshing in the sense that true seeking is always new - precisely because the 'orientation' is that very seeking, which is always renewing - in the light of Spirit. That reorienting is the same process as seen in meditation (and returning focus from distraction).

Within the dynamic continuity of temporally experienced life - this is 'path': the narrow(ing) focus of intention in, of, and towards spirit(ual), liberation from the unreal...increasing and sustained self-awareness

~ J
Old 13-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Suspended
Ascender

"That reorienting is the same process as seen in meditation (and returning focus from distraction)."
"increasing and sustained self-awareness"

Thanks for the reminder Jyotir! Ack!
Old 14-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Master
Quote:
The proverbial thorn to remove a thorn. Use a technique (mindfulness) to undermine the need for a technique.

Well, mindfulness is a subtle subject... but the essence of it can guide a meditation technique.
Old 29-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Master
Bunny

Eh, I don’t quite agree on that.

On a higher level of consciousness (higher self) we are indeed perfect. But a lot of that isn’t realized until you put in the work to achieve it through self-improvement on the third dimensional life on Earth or whatever planet/star you incarnate on.

At least that’s how I see it.