Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 AM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Sounds like you already know more than everyone here,combined.

I have read & studied a lot in these areas. However - the question has to do with how specifically all these areas relate to my own life/soul/experience, & whether it would be practical & wise to pursue these things in my life with a competent practitioner?

I am very drawn to it all; & at least trying to explore things using such an approach. I think that maybe I need to make some more enquiries as to what is available locally.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualized
Have practised religions - Personally for me I see them all as dead ends & take issue with all of them. I'd love to see a World without religion.

Have however applied certain principles, form many varied sources - teachings of the Buddha, thich nhat hanh, Tolle, Tony de Mello, Ramana Maharshi, & many many others. In essence all the spiritual masters say the same thing, just in different words, filtered through their own individual personalities. The truth doesn't change.

In relation to my own life, struggles, difficulties, & issues however - the same problems remain.

I also do take suggestions from someone I respect - have been working with a competent healer for the past 4 years. He's reached similar conclusions about certain things as I have.
It looks like you may have missed my point.
It was about really applying one instruction.

Best wishes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-10-2012, 05:36 PM
spiritualized

Have I? OK.......
Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Have practised religions - Personally for me I see them all as dead ends & take issue with all of them. I'd love to see a World without religion.

Have however applied certain principles, form many varied sources - teachings of the Buddha, thich nhat hanh, Tolle, Tony de Mello, Ramana Maharshi, & many many others. In essence all the spiritual masters say the same thing, just in different words, filtered through their own individual personalities. The truth doesn't change.

In relation to my own life, struggles, difficulties, & issues however - the same problems remain.

I also do take suggestions from someone I respect - have been working with a competent healer for the past 4 years. He's reached similar conclusions about certain things as I have.

I don't understand just exactly what it is you are looking for, but here is an idea.....do you have a loved one in spirit?? If so, while meditating or sitting in silence, try to connect with this person -- focus on them-picture them and listen for them or "look" for them..... if not, you can perhaps try to connect with your spirit guide instead.......this may, or may not, help you to gather your energies in one place......
Old 08-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Pinkroses

Quote:
The Question I have has to more specifically do with 'self reference' (Do I follow my own path/intuition/healing) & not try to seek out 'outside' assistance/guidance/therapy or anything else from others in relation to my own spiritual path (Something that I'm beginning to think may be a major lesson for me). Or do I seek out the assistance of a competent practitioner trained in past life/inter life research? Given the context of having suffered with long term, severe & enduring mental health difficulties.

I understand that it's a question that maybe no one here can answer.

It sounds to me like you really want to seek outside assistance, but are questioning if it is the right choice. Only you know the answer to that. But I can say that it is never wrong to ask for help. Seeking outside help can offer you a fresh perspective and in many cases will help you overcome difficulties that you are having trouble handling on your own.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:00 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I don't understand just exactly what it is you are looking for, but here is an idea.....

Thanks, I will try that idea.

I'm looking for peace, healing & a fuller life.

I don't know how much you have read of what else I've posted? It's impossible anyway to give a clear picture of everything. I had some difficulties growing up, & at the age of 11 started to get a lot of anxiety, depression & started to drink & smoke pot - by the age of 15 I was drinking alcoholically & was a habitual drug user. To shorten things; I was very heavily involved in that lifestyle for some 17 years; a lot went on. Also during that time I experienced some very severe psychosis/madness - & was hospitalised in psychiatric hospital multiple times. I quite literally went through hell.

Just over 11 years ago I got clean & sober, & tried to make many changes to my life. I've made much progress, & put a lot of work into things. However; a lot of difficulties have remained - I've been single & out of work 14 years, & living alone for over 11 years. I've tried everything that I can to get well & try & lead a fuller life & more fully address my difficulties.

I suppose I have sought out & looked for understanding & support. largely I've had to do things alone. yes, certain people have helped with things, but mainly I've done things alone.

The internet feels like somewhere I can freely chat about things, sad as that is. There is a healer in my life who is a good friend, & who has been a lot of help. But there is still a lot that I'm trying to deal & cope with.

I started this thread (if you read the OP) to get other peoples perspectives & understandings on the question of whether to try possibly working with an inter life therapist to try & heal more deeply from things? [in the context of life history/circumstances] That's all.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:03 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeinMich
It sounds to me like you really want to seek outside assistance, but are questioning if it is the right choice. Only you know the answer to that. But I can say that it is never wrong to ask for help. Seeking outside help can offer you a fresh perspective and in many cases will help you overcome difficulties that you are having trouble handling on your own.

Thank you, yes. Probably wasn't wise to try discussing it here.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:31 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I don't understand just exactly what it is you are looking for

This is the problem that I have Juanita - Where do you find the understanding, empathy & support in relation to the life & experiences that I've had? For the majority it's all totally outside of their frame of reference/experience. Not just to have had years of very severely altered/non-ordinary states/psychosis - whatever you want to call it all; & everything that goes with all that in these 'Western' Cultures/the World - & not just all the alcohol & drug use - But in relation to having been 11 years in recovery from it all; & following a serious spiritual path. It's not many with these sets of experience. The majority appear to have little of any kind of understanding around any of it. This society doesn't care; & the majority neither listen, nor care to even try & understand what is involved. Who apart from some very rare individuals appear to have any genuine knowledge/understanding of deeper spiritual matters anyway?

As I said above - I think that maybe my primary life lesson may well be one of Self Reference - To go with my own wisdom, knowledge, & understanding; & to stop trying to find any genuine or deep empathy, compassion, understanding, validation, acknowledgement, or care for what I've been through. It's likely that I'll never find it.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Master
Where I find continuous understanding, empathy and support is with my spirit guides. Humans can be pretty unreliable in that way.

Xan

Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Where I find continuous understanding, empathy and support is with my spirit guides.

Good for you. I've not found such a connection with mine.