Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 02-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Master
I'm thinking of you too ps, and all the rest of you ~ prayers and thoughts with you all

Old 02-02-2011, 07:42 PM
mike bike

Hi...I'm in the UK and (compared to normal) we've had a very cold Winter,with about a foot of snow here in Lincolnshire....the snow has gone now,but it was settled for a long time...the footpaths were covered in packed snow that froze for days on end...they were deadly to walk on.

We're now in another cold spell....winds straight from the North East most of the time....today I was in town and despite wearing Winter clothing I was still cold.

It's a bit warmer than recently,but there's still time for another spell of Winter....There's an old saying here about your weather and ours...words to the effect of "What they get comes here a bit later"...so often true in the past....let's wait and see.(lol)...but I hope not.

Blessings......Mike
Old 02-02-2011, 08:42 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
We are expecting to break the record of 23 inches of snow in a 24 hour period set in 1967 in Chicago. Thats approximately over 2/3 rds of a meter of snow for those who do not measure in US scales. Whats funny is we are also expecting a thunderstorm with lightning which is what I am experiencing now! Very cool! A once in a lifetime thing! I never experienced lightning and thunder during a blizzard. Watching this all over lake michigan is quite cool! Extreme weather has always fascinated me!

I also enjoyed the 105 degrees farenheit temperature in the summertime we had in the late 90's where everybody hung out and swam at lake michigan beach around 9pm at night time.

Hey, that's my old stomping grounds! I live about 2 hours SW of Chicago now, and we got the thundersnow here too. Just shoveled out about 20 inches of snow off a 2 1/2 car driveway. ::pant::

Oh lord, I remember that summer... '94 I think? I was working in a warehouse the day it hit 107; walking around doing pick'n'pack with sweat literally dripping off the end of my nose. Management sprang for Popsicles for everyone that day, and few thing in my life have ever tasted that good.

CS
Old 02-02-2011, 08:48 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Sympathies? Are you kidding me? I LOVE this weather! Thats why I chose to stay here! Yes the initial change from hot to cold is a little uncomfortable but once the switch is flipped, all you have to do is put on your long underwear and bundle and enjoy the spiritual winter snow walks on the lakefront. I guess we all have our different tastes though! Thats what makes the world go around! I used to feel as you do and craved summertime all year and beaches but don't think I can do that now.

Spoken like a true Chicagoan! Life is all about the contrasts, and Chi-Town gets it in spades. Come July, when it's 97 with 140% humidity, we'll wish we bottled some of this, but I too wouldn't want it any other way.

CS
Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Master
hope you guys in Australia are okay
Spiritlite.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I"m getting nervous that this weather is the beginning of an end.......
Spiritlite.

Nah, don't fret over it. It's just climate change catching up to us. And they're talking a beast of a La Nina this year, which means a slew of hurricanes coming at the US more likely than not.

Sow the wind.....

CS
Old 02-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Experiencer
The storm is making its way over to Canada as well.
Seems like the whole cities shutting down today, malls, restaurants, schools. I've got a snowday from work :)!

Although were I am it really doesn't seem that terrible outside right now, just lots of wind and a a foot and a bit of snow.

Sending good wishes to all of those stuck in bad weather!
-TrainsAndSewingMachines
Old 02-02-2011, 09:17 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainsAndSewingMachines
The storm is making its way over to Canada as well.
Seems like the whole cities shutting down today, malls, restaurants, schools. I've got a snowday from work :)!

Although were I am it really doesn't seem that terrible outside right now, just lots of wind and a a foot and a bit of snow.

Sending good wishes to all of those stuck in bad weather!
-TrainsAndSewingMachines

The way it's reported here in the US is that it's "snow from Canada"....

You guys are to blame - ay?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Experiencer
Oh is it now?

Well I'll have to teach you all the fine skill of igloo building! hahah!

-TrainsAndSewingMachines