Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 21-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Master
That's because whilst we incarnate as individuated consciousness tethered momentarily to a temporal body, we nonetheless exist only in interbeing with one another and with all that is -- even whilst physically incarnated. The drops in the ocean analogy is a simple one but it works well enough.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 21-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Deactivated Account
What will be, will be!
It's all happening just as you, empty phenomenon, want it to happen.
This is it and its' all you.
Enjoy...........
Old 21-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
What will be, will be!
It's all happening just as you, empty phenomenon, want it to happen.
This is it and its' all you.
Enjoy...........

What is your understanding of ' Empty phenomenon ' Jim ?
Old 21-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What is your understanding of ' Empty phenomenon ' Jim ?
Sky, before stepping into the doo-doo, I googled that phrase, Empty phenomenon, to see what it means and came up with a HUGE array of articles, links, posts, sites, etc. and stopped to read a few of those extremely complicated and DEEP writings since I am not all that clear about the word: empty and not much clearer about the word: phenomena.
This article is EXTREMELY thorough and detailed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%9A%C5%ABnyat%C4%81

LOL, here’s something from a page about Buddhism…..
As a Buddhist teacher said, “It is all just empty phenomena rolling on.”

An Amazing article!
http://www.purifymind.com/PhenomenaEmpty.htm

The following was taken from an article by Joseph Goldstein…….
“When we examine our experience, though, we see that there is not some core being to whom experience refers; rather it is simply “empty phenomena rolling on.” It is “empty” in the sense that there is no one behind the arising and changing phenomena to whom they happen. A rainbow is a good example of this. We go out after a rainstorm and feel that moment of delight if a rainbow appears in the sky. Mostly, we simply enjoy the sight without investigating the real nature of what is happening. But when we look more deeply, it becomes clear that there is no “thing” called “rainbow” apart from the particular conditions of air and moisture and light. Each one of us is like that rainbow - an appearance, a magical display, arising out of our various elements of mind and body.” ~ By Joseph Goldstein on no-self
Source: http://sharanam.tumblr.com/post/6603...ein-on-no-self

jim: There is so much at google that it could take months to go through it all and maybe never understand that interesting phrase so, for me it means:

"Empty", i.e., indescribable or lacking explainable characteristics or unknowable, …"phenomena", i.e., whatever appears or is happening, manifestation, Isness, This, forms and conditions, presence, being, It, god(s) My simplest understanding is: the indescribable or ineffable Isness.
And as a personal experience, I'd say it means: I surrender!
And this understanding of or personal response to that phrase may change at any moment as I read some more of those dramatic but extremely deep and complicated articles.

When some scholarly, heady folks came to Ramana Maharshi to ARGUE with him about their “knowledge”, beliefs and complicated concepts, he often warned his followers to avoid these complicated and USELESS arguments about spirituality/metaphysics and just stick with the simple truth that each of us can find within our self by looking for and at our own being or self.
The basic question: Who/what am I? can and will cut to the bottom of all of these deep and tiresome, technical mind games to explain the unexplainable and LIBERATE the Seeker by seeing exactly who and what is looking and that the Seeker already is, was and always will be: empty phenomena (rolling on, i.e., existing eternally).
So, sky, what is your understanding of that phrase?
Old 22-02-2017, 07:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What is the 'Self ' What is the 'I ' ????

How I understand it ..

The Self is the ocean . The Self is the wave . The wave refers to I am the ocean or I am the wave (or both) . Self relates to itself as the wave . Self cannot relate to Self as the ocean . To deny the wave is to deny the ocean for they are the same .

That's why renouncing the Self aspect of I am self is not unifying .

It is about embracing and unification, not cutting bit parts off or casting the ego aside .

One has to know the wave as the ocean to know the ocean .

x daz x