Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-06-2018, 03:53 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Charging?
I must admit I hardly ever do. I don't feel they need to. Hardly ever. I happened to have put a larger Lemurian Ice crystal outdoors on the grass this afternoon, in the sun, so it could charge. But I seriously hardly ever do this. I feel they keep themselves charged, with the help of all the other crystals in my home.
When you got mostly high vibrational crystals they keep themselves pretty much cleansed & charged.
I do have a few not so high vibrational crystals from the days where I first began with crystals. These need more work. But I hardly ever use those as they don't resonate with me so well anymore.
But the other ones, the high ones, help those too.

As for cleansing, I hardly ever do that at all, same thing, hardly ever necessary. Plus, I got too many crystals, so thank goodness it isn't needed that much.
I intuitively feel when a crystal does need it, and then I put them in water. That is enough. 12-24 hrs in water and they've gotten rid of most everything.
Since most clutter is emotional, and water is perfect for cleansing that, more is rarely needed.

It does depend on how vibrational your crystals are, how many you got (I think I got close to 400 so they create quite the energyfield) and also how much is going on in their and your environment. Is there lots of stress, negative energy?
I live alone, so no arguments and so on. I was in an abusive relationship before moving out, then I needed to cleanse AND charge my crystals regularly. Not just with water, but the whole lot: water, soil, air, fire.

In any case, if you want to use water, check if the crystals can handle that. Not all can (calcite, selenite, pyrite will rust at some point, chrysocolla, apatite and so on).

I don't program crystals. I do tell them to not use more than 80% of their energy in general or when I am working with them. That is so they always have 20% reserve to keep themselves charged and cleansed. A neat 'trick' I learnt on a course :)

Thanks FairyCrystal for sharing, that's a great trick! I think I'll cleanse my crystals in water once or twice more, and they'll be good as I'm pretty sure most of the garden is potting soil so not going to take the chance!
I've only got about 40ish crystals not including jewellery pieces. Most of them are tumbles. I think it was my leopard jasper tumble that had accumulated the most bubbles and my clusters didn't hardly get any.
I don't know if I'd put them out in the sun for too long particularly in Summer, the Australian sun is VERY harsh.
Old 21-06-2018, 03:59 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
Make sure you dont put certain crystals in water such as selenite ( Which doesnt need to charge)and celestite and certain matrix will dissolve. Sunlight can fade certain crystals color. Moonlight (Full Moon) is best.

I clear crystals with sage outsideand charge them with Selenite to me this is the safest option and wont damage the crystals.
If I am positive that water wont damage them and I have the time I charge them under a full moon and set intentions under a new moon.

It is better to set only one intention per crystal however if I make a peice of jewlery for someone that I know then I will bless it with my energy for certain things. For Example I just wire wrapped a peice of Botswana Agate. It is already a protection and fertility stone, but I also blessed it to help her get pregnant and protect her and the baby through her pregnancy. I never set more than two though.

Good luck sweetie.
Namaste`

Thanks for the advice.
I like the idea for a thread for intentions. I think there is a full moon on the 28th of both this month and next month.
Old 22-06-2018, 09:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
Thanks FairyCrystal for sharing, that's a great trick! I think I'll cleanse my crystals in water once or twice more, and they'll be good as I'm pretty sure most of the garden is potting soil so not going to take the chance!
I've only got about 40ish crystals not including jewellery pieces. Most of them are tumbles. I think it was my leopard jasper tumble that had accumulated the most bubbles and my clusters didn't hardly get any.
I don't know if I'd put them out in the sun for too long particularly in Summer, the Australian sun is VERY harsh.
You're welcome. Putting them in daylight is also good. And maybe find a spot that only has early morning sun, when it isn't so bright yet. But daylight itself is also okay. As long as they're not in the dark (box or something).
And yes, potting soil is quite acid. If you feel you do want to cleanse in soil, you may be able to get a small bag of normal garden soil at the garden center. So not potting soil, garden soil. Put that in a pot and stick your crystals in that for some 12-24 hours. Put a little stick on top of the crystal so you can find them easier. If the crystals aren't smooth it is smart to put them in the toe part of an old panty hose. Leave part of the panty hose sticking out of the soil so you can find it. The panty hose itself stops dirt from getting into cracks of a crystal/cluster.
Again, keep crystal dry that don't take well to wet (calcites, celestine, selenite and so on).
Old 22-06-2018, 05:01 PM
Experiencer

I really like the panty hose idea Fairy thank you for sharing that.
Old 22-06-2018, 09:56 PM
Master
You're welcome :)
Old 23-06-2018, 12:18 AM
Knower

About intentions, do you think it's too general to just intend for the crystals to help/heal you by whichever way they're meant to? I feel like the crystal's own properties need to compliment the intentions. Any tips here?
Old 23-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Experiencer

You could always set the intention for it to heal the chakra it is associated with. In doing that anything wrong associated with that chakra should also be healed. Certain ailments though require certain stones for best results. For example I have nerve damage in my right hand resulting in neuropathy (I was attacked by a dog) Blue quartz is used for this ailment. Though I may have issues associated with that chakra there is another cause for my hand. The chakra issues may make it worse, but either way my hand is still numb.

Good Luck
Old 24-06-2018, 08:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
About intentions, do you think it's too general to just intend for the crystals to help/heal you by whichever way they're meant to? I feel like the crystal's own properties need to compliment the intentions. Any tips here?
You mean you don't do that now?
I buy a crystal because I'm drawn to it, meaning what it does naturally is what I need at that moment in time. I don't do anything with my crystals, there's no need to 'mess' with what's perfect
I don't program, which I suppose is what you mean with intentions?
Who am I with all my human 'imperfections' and ego stuff to think I know better than a crystal that's perfect, pure, and knows exactly what to do? Crystals don't need you to try and change them or limit them (programming is limiting). Just choose a crystal with your intuition and heart and it will be the exact right one for now.
You will also buy the right one from a type of crystal, meaning not all crystals of the same type are exactly the same. But if you listen to your intuition you will choose the right one for you. One will jump out, as if it's calling you.
I sometimes notice a crystal the second I walk in the crystal shop, before I've even closed the door.
Last time as well. Turned out to be a sugar blade crystal. I'd never even heard of it. But the way it flashed at me told me I needed it. And reading what it does, it's an exact match for me now. I hold it almost every night.
Why would one need intentions?
Maybe I'm not getting it... But crystals are perfect. It's us who aren't. If it was the other way round crystals would need us to heal them (some ppl actually think it works that way, lol).
Oh well...
Old 24-06-2018, 11:28 PM
Experiencer

Intentions are good for things like protection and healing etc.

Example, I have really bad neuropathy in my hand fron a dog attack so I am programming that crystal to heal the damaged nerves.

Example 2 Would be I need to release the grief I am holding from the loss of my dad so I will program the botswana agate to help with that.

I also program the crystals I give to family especially my kids. I always set intentions that align with the crystals purpose it just gives it an extra purpose or strengthens the crystals natural intention. I also ask a crystal if it wants to be used for the purpose I need. If it does it will pulse in my hand.

Several crystals of the same variety or type may not want to do a specific task so it is always important to ask.
Old 25-06-2018, 12:40 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
You mean you don't do that now?
I buy a crystal because I'm drawn to it, meaning what it does naturally is what I need at that moment in time. I don't do anything with my crystals, there's no need to 'mess' with what's perfect
I don't program, which I suppose is what you mean with intentions?
Who am I with all my human 'imperfections' and ego stuff to think I know better than a crystal that's perfect, pure, and knows exactly what to do? Crystals don't need you to try and change them or limit them (programming is limiting). Just choose a crystal with your intuition and heart and it will be the exact right one for now.
You will also buy the right one from a type of crystal, meaning not all crystals of the same type are exactly the same. But if you listen to your intuition you will choose the right one for you. One will jump out, as if it's calling you.
I sometimes notice a crystal the second I walk in the crystal shop, before I've even closed the door.
Last time as well. Turned out to be a sugar blade crystal. I'd never even heard of it. But the way it flashed at me told me I needed it. And reading what it does, it's an exact match for me now. I hold it almost every night.
Why would one need intentions?
Maybe I'm not getting it... But crystals are perfect. It's us who aren't. If it was the other way round crystals would need us to heal them (some ppl actually think it works that way, lol).
Oh well...

Yes Fairy, that is what I do now because most of the crystals came to me rather than I picking them so I just trust my intuition. For example I do meditations with the quartz cluster I posted a while back for its general properties.
I think programming/activating/intentions would be helpful to focus their specific energies for specific things one wants to heal/enhance. In the same way you carry or wear different crystals.

Last edited by SapphireBlue : 25-06-2018 at 04:49 AM.