Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 14-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
here's a story, told in a manner to aid in roleplaying:
White Howlers
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/White_Howlers

you might browse that wiki for information on 'skinwalkers'
and/or 'wendigo' if you wish Gracey.

is it worthwhile to point out that wolves (and werewolves?)
tend towards traveling in packs?

I am doing further research on the white howlers. i found it interesting that they were associated with the Picts. I had a past life in that culture.
Old 14-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Master
in the context of that RPG, garou are servants of Gaia, nature and life.
skinwalkers are said to be fake shapeshifters, having stolen that ability
from another, and they would typically work in interest of the Wrym,
advancing the cause of death and decay.

since all sightings in your area were of a single individual (?), my guess
is that it's not a pack activity -- he seems lost, or searching for something.
Old 14-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Saturnine Pluto, your post is breaking my heart.
The level of separation/isolation you feel just makes me want to cry; we are all connected, all of us. You are connected to those you feel a connection with, no matter what "percent" some paperwork wants you to believe. I have known some Shamans, medicine men, and I have seen some beautiful stories about interactions with everyone from American Natives to Aborigines of Australia, and one thing that seems universal is that if your heart and soul are true, it doesn't matter your skin color, your race, your nationality. The Shamans know All is connected to the All - we are all brothers and sisters under Great Spirit.

You are precious and beloved, and you belong in all the ways your heart and soul tell you that you belong. Furthermore, there is something so incredibly beautiful about who you are: you are a Bridge-Builder, one with a foot in two worlds. You have the ability to inherently learn the "language" of multiple cultures and become someone who creates connections across the perceived divide.

There could be two people you might enjoy speaking with or reading their books, they are both beautiful souls that perhaps could walk with you on your path. Robbie Holz, her website is holzwellness and her husband had been accepted into initiation with an aboriginal tribe, as she was later after his death. Her book "Aboriginal Secrets of Awakening" is just beautiful. Another person who might be able to give you some love and support is Gregory Drambour, and his book, The Shaman and His Daughter is so beautiful and gentle, and he is just a beautiful soul, full of love. You can find him on Facebook, possibly Ms. Holz as well.

Wishing you peace, love, & harmony.
Old 16-06-2018, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I knew someone who was a Shaman. This was over 20 years ago now. He was not Native American though.
He had the ability to shape-shift into an animal form but this was done in the "etheric" body in a dense level of the Astral. Being quite a dense form it presumably could be seen physically by those who were sensitive enough to see etheric forms.
Hi Tobi,
I haven’t read many of your posts, but the few I have come across do “ring some bells”, the above included.

I’ve experienced something a bit similar what you described.
Persons Astral traveling into my ‘presence’ or ‘energy field’, I saw as a kind of ‘ghostly’ presence in my waking reality, and being Astral, there is no limit I assume, what form they wish to take.
But here I would like to make the distinction that real Shamans act from non-dual spiritual point of view, not from any Astral ability power trip. There is difference between Shamanism and Sorcery.

Heather Aine,
I haven’t read the “Aboriginal Secrets of Awakening”: A Journey of Healing and Spirituality with a Remote Australian Tribe, but at least in the past, you could meet these powerful Arrernte healers through the Aboriginal health clinic in Alice Springs.
There is NO native – non-native (dual) boundary, they help anyone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTteDpIqLvw

Last edited by sentient : 16-06-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 16-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Ankhesenamun

This does sound like a skin walker, which is a Navajo belief. One is not supposed to talk about it as that attracts these things. Since I am part native I would also prefer not to talk about it as this is very scary for me, but I also want to help.

These things are indeed shape shifters and from what I understand they are negative. They get seen regularly around the Navajo reservation but nobody likes to talk about it. But some people do and that's why it's known that these things get seen.

I don't know much more about these creatures as I don't really want to know. I live alone and I'm scared as it is, lol.
Old 17-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Gracey

I am wondering if a person who was a skinwalker who has since died could be roaming around the earth still being a skinwalker.....
Old 17-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Ankhesenamun

Gracey - an interesting question. Maybe they are dead already anyway and some kind of zombies or ghosts...? I don't think anyone knows for sure.
Old 17-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Administrator
Acording to Navaho Legends skin walkers are Healers or shaymens who have turned evil.giving them the power to turn into an animal.
the Navaho believe that skin walkers walk amongst them.so they don't like to speak about them.
this is what my Navaho friend told me

Namaste
Old 29-01-2020, 01:04 AM
Knower
Could be ancestors too, I have a sun photo, shows my ancestor on one shoulder and on my other shoulder shows Big Foot, even zoomed in on it and screen shot it, but the whole photo, the back ground showed images of big foot
Old 29-01-2020, 01:29 AM
Knower

Shapeshifters are good allies but In my experience beings that appear as dark with red eyes may be wounded and possibly in need of healing. Perhaps this is a lion with a thorn in its paw, and you could pull it out?