Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 12-06-2018, 11:56 PM
Gracey

Skin walkers

On 20 December I saw an image of a seven foot tall wolf that stood like a human. It had a wolf face for sure, I focused on its glowing red eyes the most. It just stood there and looked at me for about a minute, then disappeared. At the time, I recorded it in my journal and gave no thought to it, except at night for about a month after wards due to some fear. I had no idea what it was I saw. Well today I found an article on line concerning an animal that looks just like the one I saw. He saw it about 10 miles down the road from where I live. He saw it on June 1st. The article also said a few other sighting in the area have been reported of the same creature. I did a bit of research and thought it might be a skin walker.

Does anyone have any insights on skin walkers?
Old 13-06-2018, 01:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
On 20 December I saw an image of a seven foot tall wolf that stood like a human. It had a wolf face for sure, I focused on its glowing red eyes the most. It just stood there and looked at me for about a minute, then disappeared. At the time, I recorded it in my journal and gave no thought to it, except at night for about a month after wards due to some fear. I had no idea what it was I saw. Well today I found an article on line concerning an animal that looks just like the one I saw. He saw it about 10 miles down the road from where I live. He saw it on June 1st. The article also said a few other sighting in the area have been reported of the same creature. I did a bit of research and thought it might be a skin walker.

Does anyone have any insights on skin walkers?

I can not lend too much insight here other than personal experiences of my own with things similar to skin walkers, only what I have found are things which take the form of people- imagine even someone you may know- very often more so someone you know already. Whereas skin walkers are said to be witches- sorcerers (?) whom take on animal form. Or that is the myth. I with my own paranormal experiences am very open minded to many possibilities- therefore it would not surprise me if I were to be told by someone with experience that non human entities- like my such experiences- could also take the form of animals as well.

My brother in fact had a raven/ crow fly to the bedroom window and speak to him. He felt this entity to not be human. I trust my brother and his word ultimately. I've known him not to lie to me.

He has no mental illness, and would be aware whether or not this experience was a dream. According to him it was not, and I did make sure to ask him if that was a possibility.

My belief personally is that such things, by my own personal experiences and by experiences of others I know, is that yes. These things do exist.

That said and the truth of the matter is I can not shed any more light than that. I only have my own experiences to go on, and I would need more knowledge of these things in a personal way- via experiencing, sightings, etc. That is not written.

Besides the fact I only have what I have learned via personal experience to go on, I am not Navajo. The Skin walker is relative to the Navajo people. They themselves therefore would know more.

I am only 3 percent Native, and my skin appears as white as a ghost. Regardless I respect greatly all native beliefs. Even if I was not that small 3 percent myself. I am still unsure of my Native genealogy on my mother's side, I have come to find recently on my fathers side I am blackfoot. I do not know much about the blackfoot people. Such scarce are the old ways I often hear about. I hear and hear about but I never truly know.

This is heartbreaking. I came from somewhere, and do not rightly know what my ancestors believed. And that is if my father isn't simply outright lying to me. I do know that 3 percent exists no matter the exact Native tribe. I saw those papers myself.

That is all I truly know about skin walkers, which isn't much. It is truly unfortunate for those of us who very much would like to get back to our roots, but those whom know these things are more than well aware of exactly to which tribe they belong.

I belong by blood, but am pale.

One trained in learned in Navajo spirituality would very possibly know much more, and also if what for information written out there is true or false.

In my case I will unfortunately as an outsider never have the answers I seek to the very nightmarish questions that haunt me. The what does this experience mean? I've had to put endless hours of research into this on my own, and even then like I said- those whom the belief comes from are more likely to know whether what I have read is a lie or not, and they are not speaking to me. To each their own.

Initiated on a medicine path with no one simply to talk to about it.

It is lonely, depressing, frustrating, and I'd give up if I had a choice.

And I don't.

I don't because to choose not to walk my path would mean death.....

And I refuse to do that.

I post to share what little I know of this, but also to let you know I believe you Gracey. I believe it is as you say, and you in fact did experience this.

It is very hard to try and find others whom understand our own experiences not because they have intellectual knowledge, but because they too have walked it, experienced it or something very similar, and whom believe us.

I have no doubt you speak the truth.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:06 AM
Gracey

I am reading that Native Americans do not like to talk about it, especially with those who are not Native Americans. I found a site about it and it is scaring the **** out of me.

http://www.rense.com/general77/skin.htm
Old 13-06-2018, 04:00 AM
Experiencer
Let me ask you this; at the time you saw it, were you afraid? Or did it begin only after the sight, when you began to think about it and then read about its possibilities?

There was a time not long ago that I used to wake in the night to see people coming in through my window, or darting into a closet. Silhouettes in the darkness, but undeniable. The only things I had seen that were "physical" images rather than seen in the mind like though psychic vision. As I became more awake they would somehow melt into a shape that fitted things like drapes, but never was the shape aligned in a way it could have been mistaken as people. I would often feel as if someone was in the house and would wake in the night with a "knowing" someone was there physically. Never was. It happened for many months, and I began to notice that when I saw them, I would have one or two days before a wake-in-the-night terrifying nightmare. They would stop showing up for a couple weeks, and then would again appear before a nightmare. Naturally I became afraid of them, and would dread their sighting. I did what I could to tell them to go, to set up crystal grids and envision them no longer appearing. I assumed they were demons, and that their presence generated the nightmares that they would feed on before leaving sated until this next hunger. I felt that because I already feared the dark and being attacked while asleep, I attracted them to me. It only made it worse. When I mentioned this to my partner, he told me that he had once woken to see a humanoid being standing over him, manipulating his body energy. But he had not felt malace, so he went back to sleep.

That struck my curiosity.
I reached out to them. I relaxed during the day, became calm and focused before envisioning the room at night in my mind, in a type of meditation. I "waited", watching myself sleep in the room. The beings came around one or two a.m. maybe, while I slept. They would climb in through the windows, and wander the apartment a bit. They looked like they were seeking something, or maybe just curious. Then they gathered in the room, maybe only two or three of them at most. They found our energy, as that was all they could see: they seemed blind to physical form. They recognized a piece of energy my partner had "collected" from a star that he had looked at once while we stargazed. This they recognized as their own. I began to understand that where they "lived", they spent their time wandering around looking for places in the energy field of their home that needed healing. Their planet was very energetically "healthy" so to speak, but still needed it in places, like a janitor who upkeeps cleanliness. As part of their regular wandering, they had come upon a piece of their energy field that appeared to need healing. Suddenly they found themselves in a very different and unexpected place (our room) that was surrounded by energy definitely in need of healing. So they did as they always did, and began to heal. I happened to be the one in need of it most, and as they worked with my energy field, the wounds stirred up and manifested as nightmares. I thanked them for their help and explained that I was experiencing distress at the nightmares, and that it would be better to only help a little bit. They hadn't realized that their work was having that effect, but after explanation they understood and agreed to be less "intensive". Over following weeks they began to appear less and less, as did the severity of my nightmares.
Once I understood what they were, and that they had simply been unintentionally drawn here, I realized that I had worked myself up into fearing something that was actually benevolent. The reason I shared this with you is to encourage you to first ask "what if what I saw isn't dangerous?" and perhaps give you some relief. Many people live in a state of fear of what isn't understood, and we've gotten pretty good at working ourselves up over it before looking at our own intuition and the objective facts. The silhouettes never tried to hurt me, yet I was convinced they would destroy me as I slept. And then I sought to understand them.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 13-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Gracey

Thank you for the wise advice.

I had no fear while looking at it. The fear didn't come until that night when I went to sleep and thought about seeing it earlier that day. I felt fear because I didn't know what it was. That night before seeing it, I did have a dream about a presence I could feel following me. I turned around and saw a nun who looked angry. She told me that a legion of demons was following me. I asked if I could help in a loving tone. She handed me a baby that was a demon. I gave it love through out the rest of the dream. After the dream finished I woke up and lied in my bed for awhile, awake. When I turned to get up out of bed, that is when I saw the white wolf.

I find it most interesting that others in town are seeing it. Last night I felt a bit scared because I didn't understand why it would come into my home. The others saw it in the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Ambassador
Let me ask you this; at the time you saw it, were you afraid? Or did it begin only after the sight, when you began to think about it and then read about its possibilities?

There was a time not long ago that I used to wake in the night to see people coming in through my window, or darting into a closet. Silhouettes in the darkness, but undeniable. The only things I had seen that were "physical" images rather than seen in the mind like though psychic vision. As I became more awake they would somehow melt into a shape that fitted things like drapes, but never was the shape aligned in a way it could have been mistaken as people. I would often feel as if someone was in the house and would wake in the night with a "knowing" someone was there physically. Never was. It happened for many months, and I began to notice that when I saw them, I would have one or two days before a wake-in-the-night terrifying nightmare. They would stop showing up for a couple weeks, and then would again appear before a nightmare. Naturally I became afraid of them, and would dread their sighting. I did what I could to tell them to go, to set up crystal grids and envision them no longer appearing. I assumed they were demons, and that their presence generated the nightmares that they would feed on before leaving sated until this next hunger. I felt that because I already feared the dark and being attacked while asleep, I attracted them to me. It only made it worse. When I mentioned this to my partner, he told me that he had once woken to see a humanoid being standing over him, manipulating his body energy. But he had not felt malace, so he went back to sleep.

That struck my curiosity.
I reached out to them. I relaxed during the day, became calm and focused before envisioning the room at night in my mind, in a type of meditation. I "waited", watching myself sleep in the room. The beings came around one or two a.m. maybe, while I slept. They would climb in through the windows, and wander the apartment a bit. They looked like they were seeking something, or maybe just curious. Then they gathered in the room, maybe only two or three of them at most. They found our energy, as that was all they could see: they seemed blind to physical form. They recognized a piece of energy my partner had "collected" from a star that he had looked at once while we stargazed. This they recognized as their own. I began to understand that where they "lived", they spent their time wandering around looking for places in the energy field of their home that needed healing. Their planet was very energetically "healthy" so to speak, but still needed it in places, like a janitor who upkeeps cleanliness. As part of their regular wandering, they had come upon a piece of their energy field that appeared to need healing. Suddenly they found themselves in a very different and unexpected place (our room) that was surrounded by energy definitely in need of healing. So they did as they always did, and began to heal. I happened to be the one in need of it most, and as they worked with my energy field, the wounds stirred up and manifested as nightmares. I thanked them for their help and explained that I was experiencing distress at the nightmares, and that it would be better to only help a little bit. They hadn't realized that their work was having that effect, but after explanation they understood and agreed to be less "intensive". Over following weeks they began to appear less and less, as did the severity of my nightmares.
Once I understood what they were, and that they had simply been unintentionally drawn here, I realized that I had worked myself up into fearing something that was actually benevolent. The reason I shared this with you is to encourage you to first ask "what if what I saw isn't dangerous?" and perhaps give you some relief. Many people live in a state of fear of what isn't understood, and we've gotten pretty good at working ourselves up over it before looking at our own intuition and the objective facts. The silhouettes never tried to hurt me, yet I was convinced they would destroy me as I slept. And then I sought to understand them.
Old 13-06-2018, 08:12 PM
Experiencer
It's interesting that you not only saw it twice but also had a dream about it. How are you feeling about it now?
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 13-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Gracey

Thanks for asking. I am okay with all now. I haven't seen it since December so...

I got in contact with the man who has the website, where I found the article. We will be talking on the phone as soon as I give him my number. Perhaps he will have some insights too.
Old 13-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator
I knew someone who was a Shaman. This was over 20 years ago now. He was not Native American though.
He had the ability to shape-shift into an animal form but this was done in the "etheric" body in a dense level of the Astral. Being quite a dense form it presumably could be seen physically by those who were sensitive enough to see etheric forms.
Old 13-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Administrator
I have heard of this since very young my grandmother had a saying always look for the wolf hiding in sheeps clothing. she used to tell me about shape shifters and skin walkers.

Namaste
Old 13-06-2018, 10:55 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I can not lend too much insight here other than personal experiences of my own with things similar to skin walkers, only what I have found are things which take the form of people- imagine even someone you may know- very often more so someone you know already. Whereas skin walkers are said to be witches- sorcerers (?) whom take on animal form. Or that is the myth. I with my own paranormal experiences am very open minded to many possibilities- therefore it would not surprise me if I were to be told by someone with experience that non human entities- like my such experiences- could also take the form of animals as well.

My brother in fact had a raven/ crow fly to the bedroom window and speak to him. He felt this entity to not be human. I trust my brother and his word ultimately. I've known him not to lie to me.

He has no mental illness, and would be aware whether or not this experience was a dream. According to him it was not, and I did make sure to ask him if that was a possibility.

My belief personally is that such things, by my own personal experiences and by experiences of others I know, is that yes. These things do exist.

That said and the truth of the matter is I can not shed any more light than that. I only have my own experiences to go on, and I would need more knowledge of these things in a personal way- via experiencing, sightings, etc. That is not written.

Besides the fact I only have what I have learned via personal experience to go on, I am not Navajo. The Skin walker is relative to the Navajo people. They themselves therefore would know more.

I am only 3 percent Native, and my skin appears as white as a ghost. Regardless I respect greatly all native beliefs. Even if I was not that small 3 percent myself. I am still unsure of my Native genealogy on my mother's side, I have come to find recently on my fathers side I am blackfoot. I do not know much about the blackfoot people. Such scarce are the old ways I often hear about. I hear and hear about but I never truly know.

This is heartbreaking. I came from somewhere, and do not rightly know what my ancestors believed. And that is if my father isn't simply outright lying to me. I do know that 3 percent exists no matter the exact Native tribe. I saw those papers myself.

That is all I truly know about skin walkers, which isn't much. It is truly unfortunate for those of us who very much would like to get back to our roots, but those whom know these things are more than well aware of exactly to which tribe they belong.

I belong by blood, but am pale.

One trained in learned in Navajo spirituality would very possibly know much more, and also if what for information written out there is true or false.

In my case I will unfortunately as an outsider never have the answers I seek to the very nightmarish questions that haunt me. The what does this experience mean? I've had to put endless hours of research into this on my own, and even then like I said- those whom the belief comes from are more likely to know whether what I have read is a lie or not, and they are not speaking to me. To each their own.

Initiated on a medicine path with no one simply to talk to about it.

It is lonely, depressing, frustrating, and I'd give up if I had a choice.

And I don't.

I don't because to choose not to walk my path would mean death.....

And I refuse to do that.

I post to share what little I know of this, but also to let you know I believe you Gracey. I believe it is as you say, and you in fact did experience this.

It is very hard to try and find others whom understand our own experiences not because they have intellectual knowledge, but because they too have walked it, experienced it or something very similar, and whom believe us.

I have no doubt you speak the truth.

Thanks for sharing what you have. I can only imagine what it would be like to have an animal speak to you. What an amazing experience your brother had. It is quite an honor.