Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-06-2018, 06:50 AM
Experiencer
Question Rainbow Carborundum Silicon Carbide ( Could this possibly be real ? )

Hi there everyone ! I need your opinion on this one ! I was looking for something different and funky and I stumbled upon a Rainbow Carborundum Silicon Carbide crystal cluster. I don't know much about them, and normally I wouldn't hesitate but I really am weirded out by this one.

The seller swears up and down it's natural and no artificial anything. Have you guys heard of this one ? Could it possibly be from mother nature ? One of my silly little rules I have set for myself is that all specimens in my collection must be 100 % natural from mother earth.

Some of the other funky ones I was considering was Hemimorphite or Aragonite which comes in a botryoidal type formation.
Old 24-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Experiencer

It is man made by super heating sand and carbon then allowing it to cool. Here is the history of it <3

http://www.ravencrystals.com/CARBORUNDUM_df_1170.html
Old 26-06-2018, 01:20 AM
Experiencer
Hi Compendium ! Thanks for confirming my suspicions. That seems like a pretty comprehensive article you linked to, another one I read said that sometimes it can be a real specimen called moissanite, but I will take your opinion as a confirmation and forget about such product.

Shucks , it looked pretty cool, but if it's man made it might as well be a chunk of plastic IMO.

I guess I'll go back to looking for something else. I was thinking maybe something Botryodial like Hemimorphite or Aragonite. I'll also found something really cool called grape agate. Some of them are quite dull looking but certain ones are very gemmy and colourful, green and purple and sometimes yellow little globe clusters of crystal that look very much like, well... grapes
Old 26-06-2018, 02:22 AM
Experiencer

To me when I see its make up i think incredibly rare to find in nature though I am sure it would occur in a volcanic environment, but it is very likely to get a man made specimen and I understand you dont want that in your collection. Then I question the atomic structure, if it cools to fast it would be difficult for the atoms to arrange themselves into a crystalline structure.

I have seen photos of the grape agate you are talking about and they are very pretty. I am currently waiting on some Libyan Desert Glass, but I am worried the seller is going to jerk my chain on it which is very depressing.