Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 09:51 PM
Administrator
10 Things You Should Never Post on Social Media

I found this link on my Facebook page and I found it very interesting. Number 3 sure applies to sites like Spiritual Forums. Thought I would share it with you all. The link contains product for sale but its under Boom Social if you wish to go find it.

3. Claiming other people’s content as your own

Any time you use someone else’s content without attribution – images, quotes, or original ideas – you run some pretty serious risks. Remember that copyright infringement is a serious offence that can lead to legal action, and that can do serious damage to your brand. While you may get away with it in the short term, it’s just not worth it!
Old 10-10-2015, 10:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
I found this link on my Facebook page and I found it very interesting. Number 3 sure applies to sites like Spiritual Forums. Thought I would share it with you all. The link contains product for sale but its under Boom Social if you wish to go find it.

Any time you use someone else’s content without attribution – images, quotes, or original ideas – you run some pretty serious risks. Remember that copyright infringement is a serious offence that can lead to legal action, and that can do serious damage to your brand. While you may get away with it in the short term, it’s just not worth it!
That's beyond ironic, since The Face Borg automatically assumes ownership of everything posted there! Screw FB, but yeah, good points !
Old 12-10-2015, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator
That is a very good point made, Lynn.
A few months ago I discovered an illegal download of my own complete work on a website. I had not given permission for this, and owing to the IP address of that website being extremely dubious, I had an inkling the download may contain malware
I didn't want anyone to download malware attached to my work.
I contacted the server of the website and pages involved. I did not have to try hard. Within 24-48 hours those pages completely disappeared. On the 'copyright' issue alone. The server didn't mess about and closed them quickly, letting me know what they had done.

It would be a great shame if because of a copyright issue (which is illegal actually, not just a misdemeanour) -we came to Spiritual Forums one day and found it permanently offline!
Old 12-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Master
We should all go back to snail mail.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:21 PM
Master
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Chihuahuananda
That's beyond ironic, since The Face Borg automatically assumes ownership of everything posted there! Screw FB, but yeah, good points !

Two thumbs way up, dude.

Old 12-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Guide
Have you been receiving a lot of takedown notices Lynn? Can't really imagine what could be on here that would justify that.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn

While I completely appreciate where you are coming from Lynn and agree citing other's work is the right thing to do. Social Media Rule #3 is wishful internet group think and propaganda. On forums like this or other social media outlets like facebook, the information you submit is no longer yours (sort of like how when you throw trash in a public receptacle, you relinquish ownership of said trash). It is not reasonable or prudent to expect your creative words to be protected when you freely posted it to the public domain. In short - an end user should always recognize that any information you submit to the public domain - digital or otherwise IS NOT usually protected by intellectual property law in a court of law because you knowingly placed it in the "Public Domain aka a public web server or trash recepticle in the case of trash". spiritualforums.com is by reasonable definition "Public Domain" .

Even news agencies with a team of lawyers have a hard time enforcing copyright law when they push news articles to the web.

http://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview...omain/welcome/

http://www.theguardian.com/media-net...lity-copyright

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 13-10-2015, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator
Some interesting simple facts about Copyright here:

https://web.law.duke.edu/cspd/public.../2012/faqs#q08

It seems that what can freely enter the public domain without breach of copyright, are works on which the copyright has expired. Then those works are freely available to all without "stealing" someone else's creative claim.

To be absolutely certain there is no disrespectful use of someone else's creative claim going on, research is needed to verify whether the copyright has expired or not.
Old 13-10-2015, 12:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Keep life simple ~ just don't copy paste

seriously, who is going to research whether a copyright has expired or not ?
Old 13-10-2015, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator
That is exactly what I was thinking, Adrienne!
Closed Thread