Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-07-2018, 03:59 AM
Master
The creative Jesus

I've been thinking lately that the ultimate expression of 'spirit' or spirituality is creativity. Beyond the mundane mind, beyond emotion and sensory intake, everything comes together in ultimate creativity.

And for me Jesus was the ultimate example of this creativity. His recorded miracles were completely creative, the way he spoke was creative, his understanding of Judaism was creative etc etc.

I was reading something similar by John Hobbs today, some very good ideas for Christianity in the present, if anyone might like to explore this idea further https://vancouversun.com/news/staff-...transformation
Old 25-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I've been thinking lately that the ultimate expression of 'spirit' or spirituality is creativity. Beyond the mundane mind, beyond emotion and sensory intake, everything comes together in ultimate creativity.

And for me Jesus was the ultimate example of this creativity. His recorded miracles were completely creative, the way he spoke was creative, his understanding of Judaism was creative etc etc.

I was reading something similar by John Hobbs today, some very good ideas for Christianity in the present, if anyone might like to explore this idea further https://vancouversun.com/news/staff-...transformation

Well, that is really a matter of opinion.

This man, purportedly the son of God lived for - as we can read - 33years. Now look at how many hours he actually spent 'publicly' and you'll see that 32 362 of his days are unknown to us. Yes, in total if you add the hours together as an estimate of his public appearances in the Bible you may get a total of about 3 days.

In fact, and this always disturbs me, he made no mention of a few things that would have helped mankind a lot. For instance he could have told his 'disciples' (all men - not very creative) that our planet really is round. Admittedly it would at those times and surrounded by a lot of illiterate and uneducated peasants, have been difficult to describe what a planet is - but we are talking of the son of God - so that shouldn't be impossible. Then he could have told them about our and the other planets circling the sun, about say, the great oceans of the world, the Antarctic and life there and so on and so forth.

In fact creativity is missing on every front.
Old 25-07-2018, 10:46 PM
Master
The world was very different 2000 years ago. People lived in a spiritual world which had God as its master. These days we live in a physical world which has science as its master. Humanities perception has changed and the world has changed with it.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 25-07-2018, 10:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
In fact creativity is missing on every front.

Jesus had a message to convey and only a certain means by which to convey it. He did not want to mitigate His message with superfluous information.

He left a gospel which contains the grain of truth He wanted us to be aware of.

Old 26-07-2018, 05:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Jesus had a message to convey and only a certain means by which to convey it. He did not want to mitigate His message with superfluous information.

Yea, well at least he could have spent more than three days doing it.
Old 26-07-2018, 06:18 AM
Master
Quote:

' He left a gospel which contains the grain of truth He wanted us to be aware of. '

What do you think this grain of truth is ' Honza?
Old 26-07-2018, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What do you think this grain of truth is ' Honza?

Can't say. It's beyond me.

Old 26-07-2018, 10:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Can't say. It's beyond me.

If you don't know what is...... how do you know he left it
Old 26-07-2018, 01:56 PM
Master

Quote:
The world was very different 2000 years ago. People lived in a spiritual world which had God as its master. These days we live in a physical world which has science as its master. Humanities perception has changed and the world has changed with it.
Our perceptions may have changed but the world itself hasn't. God is the creator and master of the world regardless of whether that truth is perceived or not.
Old 27-07-2018, 07:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
If you don't know what is...... how do you know he left it

You are too silly for me. You ask really simplistic questions which are unanswerable.