Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-07-2018, 03:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam

To me it is more a way of measure, where society is at this point in time, the way they express themselves in this matter.

That's a good point
Old 31-07-2018, 07:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniRedVT
Busby
Quoting your post-"No leader especially one professing to be a moral or even ethical example of humankind would choose a "team" all of whom are male." Are you suggesting His Apostle choices were rooted in immorality and or amorality and were unethical ?He prophesied that the 12 would encounter very tough antithesis.Wasn't He sparing the women from such extreme abuses?Didn't He give Magdalene and Martha and Mary the "Power"?You suggest He caved in concerning 1st. Century culture.Are you additionally suggesting He was fickle and quasi sexist?Amongst His conversations with men and women I can't distinguish different treatment based on gender.The planet you're nearing is called "Dan Brown".That's not a personal knock rather an observation after nearly 20 years of Biblical New Testament and some Old Testament Study.I'm one of those witnesses who has absolutely no Yeshua doubts.Yet I read the Posts and usually don't respond yet I'm asking are you really suggesting what your words suggest?The opposite of moral is immoral and or amoral and the opposite of ethical is unethical.I don't seek contentiousness or even judgement rather suggest that 21 Centuries have revealed much concerning Christ's Ministry.Those that witness the deepest intentions seemingly wouldn't fathom or attribute these things to Christ.Truth is truth yet delving nature has apparently derived occasionally two opposite reflections concerning Christ's Ministry.Mary of Nazareth's Divine womb a sexist never entered the litmus that I've studied.Not a bad gig to be considered the 13th. and upward numbered apostle without having to take the official abuse eh?It spared them the zenith plight of the other 12 yet Christ expressed Martha's Sister Mary being future remembered for anointing his Hands Head and Feet.Never dawned on me that Christ was a potential sexocrat.And it yet hasn't.I presume your efforts are not rooted in anti Christ philosophy or underminement for the sake of itself yet it's difficult to read these words without it seeming He has been judged and found unfathomably in some way corrupt.Take care and God bless the blessed!Absolutely no twisted parallels!
Absolutely straight forward!Gary V. Giardina!This sent before 8:51 P.M. July 29th. 2018.Kudos Mr. B. Good.

No matter how the human intellect can be stretched and made especially elastic to subject itself to specific points of view, whether biblical or not, there is to my mind no excuse for 'God' or any other form of whatever missing opportunities - in this case a man who recognised by the multitude as being God's son didn't take more care and value his chance to improve the future of the world by a few simple examples.

Just to be clear, I wasn't asserting or suggesting anything in any way derogatory when I mentioned the 12 disciples being male or the feeding of the 5 thousand. But the man could have used his brain. For instance as the Church is constantly telling us about the sanctity of marriage he could have least have set an example (here too) and founded a family. If you want to lead you have to set standards yourself.

As quite a large piece of our world still suffers from the failing equality of the sexes a lesson taught 2000 years ago would have gone a long way to have avoided all sorts of tortures.

Like everything else the Bible is empty/full of missed opportunities.
Just don't get me started.
Old 31-07-2018, 07:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
No matter how the human intellect can be stretched and made especially elastic to subject itself to specific points of view, whether biblical or not, there is to my mind no excuse for 'God' or any other form of whatever missing opportunities - in this case a man who recognised by the multitude as being God's son didn't take more care and value his chance to improve the future of the world by a few simple examples.

Just to be clear, I wasn't asserting or suggesting anything in any way derogatory when I mentioned the 12 disciples being male or the feeding of the 5 thousand. But the man could have used his brain. For instance as the Church is constantly telling us about the sanctity of marriage he could have least have set an example (here too) and founded a family. If you want to lead you have to set standards yourself.

As quite a large piece of our world still suffers from the failing equality of the sexes a lesson taught 2000 years ago would have gone a long way to have avoided all sorts of tortures.

Mybe Jesus was married to Mary Magdalen Busby,

'Jesus married the prostitute Mary Magdalene and had children, according to a manuscript almost 1,500 years old unearthed at the British Library.

The so-called “Lost Gospel”, which has been translated from Aramaic, allegedly reveals the startling new allegations. '

Not that it really matters, why shouldn't he marry and start a family....
Old 31-07-2018, 03:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

'Jesus married the prostitute Mary Magdalene and had children, according to a manuscript almost 1,500 years old unearthed at the British Library.

The so-called “Lost Gospel”, which has been translated from Aramaic, allegedly reveals the startling new allegations. '

I tend to be rather a purist so for me and according to the Bible - looked upon as God's word - such a marriage would have needed to be in the 'Good Book'. Digging out ancient manuscripts and sticking them on the end of a tale does nothing for me.
Old 31-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Suspended
I think the point is that sex (alone) is not the way we're being created. In fact we become souls by the revelations of the "holy spirit", i.e. the virgin is not yet married but only forced to pretend.
Google for: black virgin thunder perfect mind
Old 01-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby

People tend to be unteachable. They will always interpret everything in their own way. Therefore the more Jesus taught us the more ammo people would have to misinterpret. The message from God is best kept short and simple. That way there is less room for error.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 26-08-2018, 02:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

Sky I've read the lost gospels
They say Mary was his favourite disciple that he loved the most. That she was considered by him to be wise and outspoken and an early Christian leader.
They don't say they married or anything about children
The most it says is she was his companion and he was known to kiss her
All the vague hints about the marriage are in the new testament! Jesus attended a marriage and meets a woman at a well a traditional place to meet a wife. The annointing with oil and drying his feet show closeness to Mary
But no hint they were married in the lost gospels is to be found!
The rumour about this and kids came from Dan Brown sensationalising :)
Old 26-08-2018, 02:49 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Christ's spirit is very benevolent and helpful. But is He all masculine? The deciding factor for me is whether He is feminine spirit as well as masculine.

The "Father, Son and Holy Spirit" description sounds remarkably male! If Christ is feminine as well as masculine then that would be all I need.

Christ is all masculine but only in the sense Jesus was a man the gender of the Spirit is less certain but most recon a genderless or androgynous but both amount to the same thing. if your both genders you don't really have a gender to begin with. So female aspects are equally to be found in the Spirit.
The trinity is equal if the Father is all male, The Son half and half from annointing with a feminine Spirit (which balances out the male Father). But the Spirit and the Father are one so you get back to genderlessness again
But Jesus is completely masculine