Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 12-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Experiencer

Oldest Astrology Methods

Have I already asked about this?

What are some of the oldest known systems of practicing/studying astrology around the world? What root concepts/principles do all these systems seem to have in common? Has anyone had any success with the most ancient methods, or do more modern (after 1 BC) methods seem more accurate? Any old astrology reading recommendations?
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Master
Father Sun and Mother Moon...

That is American Indian.

Sumerians....?....I think. I don't know what a Sumerian is but that is what I heard.

http://www.historicalastrology.com/a...ancient-sumer/

You could easily look that up.

I wouldn't choose to use ancient techniques except the cycles of the sun and moon, and the solar calendar. I think that is ancient.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
Father Sun and Mother Moon...

That is American Indian.

Sumerians....?....I think. I don't know what a Sumerian is but that is what I heard.

http://www.historicalastrology.com/a...ancient-sumer/

You could easily look that up.

I wouldn't choose to use ancient techniques except the cycles of the sun and moon, and the solar calendar. I think that is ancient.

I probably could look it up myself, but sometimes I feel aversion to doing my own research. I get way too deep into it, and sometimes the things I learn really scare me, because it all starts to make too much sense. If that makes any sense. I'm still just coming to terms with my path, and I keep looking behind me to make sure the men in white labcoats aren't following.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Knower

I've heard that Vedic astrology is very old and that romans took it and made their own astrology form what we call today Western astrology.

And people say both Vedic and Western tropical are accurate. I don't know how that is possible. For me, yeah they both are pretty much accurate.. The thing is even my Western sidereal chart is very accurate, so is my Draconic chart. I don't know how it this possible. I really would love to learn more about them.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:33 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGronn
I've heard that Vedic astrology is very old and that romans took it and made their own astrology form what we call today Western astrology.

And people say both Vedic and Western tropical are accurate. I don't know how that is possible. For me, yeah they both are pretty much accurate.. The thing is even my Western sidereal chart is very accurate, so is my Draconic chart. I don't know how it this possible. I really would love to learn more about them.

Draconic....

I'm pretty new to both astrology and numerology, but that word has significance to me, as does your post being #4. I've learned to follow that number when I see it. Pray tell, what is Draconic astrology....?

Old 12-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Knower

Right :)

A quick google search http://www.falconastrology.com/draconic.html

Cool nickname by the way, reflects it well.
Old 13-03-2017, 12:40 AM
Master
Hey Logronn thanks for the link.

I came across a section at astro.com the other day to view one's draconic chart and was interested to check it out. I have a feeling the link you posted- although have not gotten too far into reading it yet may do me some good. Atleast learning another chart and method of reading it may prove useful.

Vedic, yes I have found vedic relates to me in a way as well as my western chart, but have not actually returned to looking at vedic astrology for a while.

What about Chinese astrology? Does anyone resonate at all with their Chinese Zodiac sign?
Just curious.
Old 13-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hey Logronn thanks for the link.

I came across a section at astro.com the other day to view one's draconic chart and was interested to check it out. I have a feeling the link you posted- although have not gotten too far into reading it yet may do me some good. Atleast learning another chart and method of reading it may prove useful.

Vedic, yes I have found vedic relates to me in a way as well as my western chart, but have not actually returned to looking at vedic astrology for a while.

What about Chinese astrology? Does anyone resonate at all with their Chinese Zodiac sign?
Just curious.

Well the Chinese astrology is real. It does not contradict with others.

But I still wonder how Western sidereal, Western tropical, 13-sign sidereal astrology, Vedic and Draconic can co exist.

They're all accurate, don't know what to say.
Old 13-03-2017, 01:22 PM
Master
They all can definitely co exist, because most of them are accurate, there has to be a common thread between them. I am digging deep into Western astrology more and my cup is full so I am saving the rest for a later date.