Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 25-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Master
Remembering Neil Armstrong.

I was so sad to hear the news of the passing of Neil Armstrong this evening.

I remember well watching the Apollo moon landings in my childhood in great Awe of these Astronaut Heros ........ and make no mistake, every one of them who flew the Apollo missions, and risked all to land on the moon, were just that ....... Heros.

Such an exciting and inspiring time in human history ....... Man, leaving this planet and landing on another celestial body.

What a feat it was, and still is to this day, and as the first one to actually step foot on the lunar surface, Neil Armstrongs place in history was assured.

Neil is once again on a new voyage of discovery, and I wish him Bon Voyage !!

The world should pause and reflect on the sheer enormity of what these great men achieved, knowing full well how fine the line was between success and disaster .......

Neil Armstrong ........ 1930 - 2012.
Old 25-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Searching

What a feat it was, and still is to this day, and as the first one to actually step foot on the lunar surface, Neil Armstrongs place in history was assured.

Neil is once again on a new voyage of discovery, and I wish him Bon Voyage !!

The world should pause and reflect on the sheer enormity of what these great men achieved, knowing full well how fine the line was between success and disaster .......

Neil Armstrong ........ 1930 - 2012.

" One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind " ...... Amazing ! When you think about it .....

I do like the way you said it Soulie, "Neil is once again on a new voyage of discovery, and I wish him Bon Voyage !! "

Pausing in remembrance ..... and prayers for his family

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 26-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Master

I too remember as a boy getting up in the early hours of the morning to watch the moon landing, broadcast live on television.
One of the highights of my life.

Many of the Apollo astronauts have spoken of how the space programme changed them as human beings.

"I am not the same man. None of us are. I completely lost my identity as an American astronaut. I felt a part of everyone and everything sweeping past me below"
- Russell Schweickart (Apollo 9)

"We went to the moon as technicians - nuts and bolts men - and we returned as humanitarians"
- James B. Irwin (Apollo 15)

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Master
42 yrs ago I think ... I remember the exact spot where I was standing in the playground of the primary school i was attending that year ... I was 11 years of age. The teachers had arranged to have the running commentary of the landing piped through the PA system ... every child in the playground stood still and listened as Neil Armstrong described his experience ... it 'blew my mind' somehow ... and at night, when I looked up at the moon, I saw it through different eyes ...
Old 26-08-2012, 10:44 PM
Henri77

One of the few astronauts to admit seeing UFO's on the moon, or elsewhere for the matter.
http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2009/07/n...nding-and.html

Yeah, watching launches after midnight on live TV was a treat as a kid.
Even the early satellites launches were an occasion.

I recall the startling news of Sputnik, riding the Chicago elevated train with a friend, on his pocket radio.

But don't clearly recall seeing the moon landing in real time. probably saw the replay,

The wild west days of space exploration... when astronauts were true frontier explorers.

(before floppy disks-computer chips existed... and onboard computers looked like high school science projects)
Old 27-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Pinkroses

I remember going to the Neil Armstrong Space Museum as a child. I was always fascinated with stars, planets and the solar system. For me, Neil Armstrong is by far the most recognizable and memorable astronaut of all time. May he rest in peace.
Old 27-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Master
Here is something about Neil Armstrong that you probably did not know. His family belongs to one of the Border Reiver Clans of long ago on the wild frontier between England and Scotland. The clans were Anglo-Saxon families who raided and pillaged the borders right up to the 16th century. They were only brought to heel when James 1st was crowned king of England and Scotland. Many became miners and fishermen, and many emigrated to America.
Described as "cruel and barbaric", the Reivers were also writers of extremely subtle and romantic poetry which was collected by Sir Walter Scott who was descended from another Reiver family.

So, not only the first feet on the Moon but also of Geordie stock
Old 29-08-2012, 05:15 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Here is something about Neil Armstrong that you probably did not know. His family belongs to one of the Border Reiver Clans of long ago on the wild frontier between England and Scotland. The clans were Anglo-Saxon families who raided and pillaged the borders right up to the 16th century. They were only brought to heel when James 1st was crowned king of England and Scotland. Many became miners and fishermen, and many emigrated to America.
Described as "cruel and barbaric", the Reivers were also writers of extremely subtle and romantic poetry which was collected by Sir Walter Scott who was descended from another Reiver family.

So, not only the first feet on the Moon but also of Geordie stock

I did not know that about Neal... that's fascinating info... thank you!
Old 31-08-2012, 04:16 AM
Henri77

Another testimony regarding Neil & the moon landing.
Take it or leave it, but it's worth knowing.

Neil Armstrong’s UFO Secret
Published August 27, 2012 | By drgreer http://drgreersblog.disclosureproject.org/

Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, passed away this weekend at age 82.

Many have asked if Armstrong took with him the secrets of what really happened during the famed 1969 Lunar Landing. Well, yes- and no.

Over the years, I have gotten to know a number of astronauts- and very close family members and friends of astronauts. As you may recall, my uncle was the senior project engineer for Grumman (now Northrop Grumman) that built the Lunar Module, that landed on the moon in July of 1969.

The truth of that historic event has never been told. We did go to the moon- but the events that transpired were kept secret and officially remain secret to this day.

By the time we landed on the moon, the Lunar Orbiter had mapped the moon and imaged ancient as well as more recent structures on the moon. This has been confirmed by more than one DisclosureProject.org witness. So by the time we landed, the military and intelligence community- and a small compartment of operatives at NASA- knew that we may in fact encounter something very unusual there.

To prepare for this possibility, there was a time delay from the Lunar Module via an NSA (National Security Agency) uplink and other, alternative film footage was prepared to be shown in the event of something really unusual happening.

Well it happened. Close friends and very close family members of both Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin have separately told me that indeed there were numerous, large UFOs around the crater where the Lunar Module landed and that these were seen by both Armstrong and Aldrin. I have also spoken to military officers that have seen the footage of this event- but it has never been made public. One close family member of Buzz Aldrin told me “It is not my place to out Buzz on this- someday if he can speak about it, he will…”

Neil Armstrong became somewhat of a recluse after the moon landing, and rarely spoke of the historic event. His friends and family have told me that this is because he was a man of such integrity that he simply did not want to be put in a position to lie to the public about such a momentous encounter. How tragic that our heroes have been placed in this untenable situation!

When we were organizing The Disclosure Project a few years ago, I asked one of Neil Armstrong’s friends if Armstrong would come to Washington to brief members of Congress at the 1997 Congressional briefing we organized in April of that year. I was told that Armstrong wished he could –but that if he spoke about what really happened during the moon landing, that Neil Armstrong, his wife, and children would all be killed. It was put to me this bluntly.

I found this to be unbelievable at the time, but since then have found that such threats and bullying by the over-reaching national security state is routine. A very senior scientist at the Naval Research Labs in Washington DC recently told me and the Disclosure Project team that if he spoke about some of the information he knew, that he, his wife, his children and grandchildren would all be killed.

This is no joke – and not a conspiracy theory. This is the way the highly secretive and fascist bosses in the deep black national security state operate. They make the Mafia look like choir boys.

In the meanwhile, we continue to applaud those courageous men and women who come forward, speak the truth and move Disclosure forward. The world deserves to know that we are not alone, that intelligent life exists in the universe beyond earth and that we have amazing new sciences and technologies that urgently need to be disclosed. This knowledge will give us a new civilization on earth, without poverty or pollution- and with justice for all.