Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 26-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
I have learned to see everything as the dance of the Divine. As manifestation of the Divine. Called Shakti (energy) Consciousness.
It's all a play (Lila) of the Divine. Even the seemingly negative aspects.

http://americanvedantist.org/2014/ar...oblem-of-evil/

Now that sounds perfect and makes sense
Old 26-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' connecting with any of the Divine' ..... How many are divine and who are they ? Who gives the divine the title of divine ?

Limitless but it is best to stick to the big ones. Jesus, Shiva, Shakti, the various Buddhas, etc.

:)
Old 26-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
I have learned to see everything as the dance of the Divine. As manifestation of the Divine. Called Shakti, the (energy)of Consciousness.
It's all a play (Lila) of the Divine. Even the seemingly negative aspects.

http://americanvedantist.org/2014/ar...oblem-of-evil/

Quote:
There are different ways of viewing the divine play. Immersed in divine bliss, Ramakrishna experienced God as his blissful Mother and saw the universe as the overflowing expression of Kali’s blissful creativity. Vivekananda tended to emphasized the darker side of Kali’s play, as expressed through some of his poems:
For terror is thy name
And death is in thy breath,
And every shaking step destroys a world forever.
—from “Kali the Mother”

I would agree but that is more about destroying the ego, the local mind to move beyond all this.

Not that Kali has some terror aspect to her. Any negative aspects are our attachments, not an aspect of the divine.
Old 26-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Limitless but it is best to stick to the big ones. Jesus, Shiva, Shakti, the various Buddhas, etc.

:)

Everyone is divine.....
Old 26-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Everyone is divine.....

Sky,

We have had many discussions in the past and I am sorry to say that your comments in general add no value.

In fact what I see most often is you hunting and pecking at people. Just like your posts so far in this thread.

So...

Yes we are all divine in the ultimate sense but we have not realized it yet. That is the entire point of spiritual practices, to move beyond the local mind. As we are all divine that is exactly why I said there are limitless divine beings.

Now please stay out of this thread.

Thank you.
Old 26-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Sky,

We have had many discussions in the past and I am sorry to say that your comments in general add no value.

In fact what I see most often is you hunting and pecking at people. Just like your posts so far in this thread.

So...
Yes we are all divine in the ultimate sense but we have not realized it yet. That is the entire point of spiritual practices, to move beyond the local mind. As we are all divine that is exactly why I said there are limitless divine beings.

Now please stay out of this thread.

Thank you.

The thread is public, anyone can contribute, in a polite way, of course.

What I say might not interest you but you don't have to read or comment.

Bindu's reply is perfect and certainly makes a lot of sense, thinking that one can be introduced to connecting to the divine in a few mins via e-mail/chat rooms is rather strange, to connect to the divine in others requires no outside help, all comes from within....
Old 26-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Master
Quote:
The thread is public, anyone can contribute, in a polite way, of course.

What I say might not interest you but you don't have to read or comment.

Bindu's reply is perfect and certainly makes a lot of sense, thinking that one can be introduced to connecting to the divine in a few mins via e-mail/chat rooms is rather strange, to connect to the divine in others requires no outside help, all comes from within....

This is a conversation around Kashmir Shaivism.

Are you familiar with the types of grace in KS?

Are you familiar with the role of the guru in KS?

Read up and that will answer your questions and show that distance/time/place really doesn't matter.

Of course you don't believe in grace or transmissions so I don't think it will help. But please feel free to post any questions you find about it.
Old 26-10-2017, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
This is a conversation around Kashmir Shaivism.

Are you familiar with the types of grace in KS?

Are you familiar with the role of the guru in KS?

Read up and that will answer your questions and show that distance/time/place really doesn't matter.

Of course you don't believe in grace or transmissions so I don't think it will help. But please feel free to post any questions you find about it.

If I am familar or not is regardless, these teachings are coming from the perciever who wrote them, not from everyone.

Yes I will post freely whatever I choose to post, as for questions about them that's for me to ask or not, I can find my own answers 99% of the time and whoever answers questions is just giving their own ideas, I prefer self realization, everything is within, not outside.
Old 26-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
If I am familar or not is regardless, these teachings are coming from the perciever who wrote them, not from everyone.

Yes I will post freely whatever I choose to post, as for questions about them that's for me to ask or not, I can find my own answers 99% of the time and whoever answers questions is just giving their own ideas, I prefer self realization, everything is within, not outside.

Sky,

Please try to stay on topic and if you can't post within the KS framework then you are not adding value to this topic. Post in general if you wish.

In KS the fastest means is through grace, through the guru.

You not believing in guru's or grace or that anyone can help another is not a KS belief. Far from it.

This thread is about the Spanda Karikas. Please post something about that or anything related to KS.
Old 26-10-2017, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Sky,

Please try to stay on topic and if you can't post within the KS framework then you are not adding value to this topic. Post in general if you wish.

In KS the fastest means is through grace, through the guru.

You not believing in guru's or grace or that anyone can help another is not a KS belief. Far from it.

This thread is about the Spanda Karikas. Please post something about that or anything related to KS.

It's up to each individual if they need a guru or not, you don't always have to follow like sheep... I am posting about SK ok.... there are many many people who have found their own way and are more advanced than the so called ' guru ' I have met many. You have Bindu who has realized that everyone and everything is divine, now thats very advanced.... a perfect insight.