Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 23-07-2017, 01:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Post "At the end of her life, Mother started seeing ghost".Visions of the Dying

I am a big fan of reading The Washington Post and I saw an interesting article this morning on the after life that really touched me deeply, and of course, the Facebook comments on the story were intriguing because it was such a 50/50 split perception. In short summery, the article is about a daughter witnessing the last days of her dying mother at the Hospital, and like many people before they die, she was seeing unexplained phenomenons like deceased family members, so the article goes into depth about possible explanations. I remember the night before my grand mother died she kept seeing "the light", she was also having visions of animals and people. According the article, a more 'formal' term for this condition is called, Nearing Death Awareness.

It is an interesting article, if you would like to give your thoughts or own personal experiences, please feel free to share

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...6596f3 dd4a6e

Also, here is the TED video by Dr. Christopher Kerr, were he goes into stories of near death experiences. Interesting video,worth a watch if your curious about the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbnBe-vXGQM
Old 23-07-2017, 03:01 PM
Master
Nice article and TED talk.
Just before my Granddad passed he saw angels at his bed in the hospital and told my mom. "I'll have to go soon, they have come for me." He passed within a couple days of starting to see the angels.
Old 23-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Pathfinder

Thank you for posting the link.

I have a close relative that has never been 'sensitive' and would say all of this stuff is hog wash lol.

She is reaching an age where we all know she will be passing soon. I have come home from visiting her on three occasions lately and she mentioned things I had been thing of and have not discussed with anyone.

I wasn't sure if I was picking up on her thoughts, or is she picking up mine!!
Old 23-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Pathfinder

Intriguing! I really enjoyed the Ted video thoroughly, seriously, totally inspired today.
Old 24-07-2017, 01:54 AM
Guide

Yup, I use to work at a hospital and this happened to me. I was registering a patient in, and she had to get an MRI done. We were making small talk, and she was normal and very alert, sound and physically she looked great. Then she told me why she was getting the test done....she looked shocked and worried at that point. I will talk to my patients, if they confide in me. I asked her if she was in any pain, and she said no. She said, you are never going to believe me, but I'm making my doctor give me this MRI. Then she said, because for the last two weeks I've been seeing my mother, my father, my brother and my uncle. Well, I was taken back a little, she was older, I would estimate in her 70s or 80s. I just looked at her, and she leaned in and kind of said in a whisper....they have all been dead for many years....my mother died over 4O years ago. Then she went on to tell me that she hasn't had any head injuries, her doctor said she was fine. Then she went on to tell me everywhere she had seen these dead relatives, at her house, in the yard, grocery store, etc. At that time, I ended up going with her to walk her down to Imaging...because I was interested in her story and I didn't want to leave her alone. She kept going on about all the times she was seeing her relatives....she would talk pretty fast, you could tell she was either overwhelmed or had anxiety about the whole thing....then she abruptly stopped...and said, I've said too much, you think I'm crazy don't you? I said, no...man I've been talking to you for the last 15 minutes and you are not crazy. She was so cute, dainty and small, and very social. I'm very educated on Alzheimer's, or better yet, dementia, and have worked with patients who have had it, as well as cared for a relative with it...she didn't have it, none. No signs of it.

Honestly, I'd never really heard of this before her....but, my feeling was she had one foot out the door. I could tell that she was being logical about it...like she never thought the way I did, that's why she was there to get a brain scan.

I don't know if she passed away, because her radiology reports were sent back to her primary doctor, and not us.
Old 29-07-2017, 01:22 AM
Knower

My great-grandmother lived to be 102, and was pretty sharp almost to the end. But during the last year of her life, she complained that people were coming into her room at night to throw parties, and their talking and laughing woke her up. She'd hit the call button to get nursing staff to come in and make everyone leave, and they (having seen a lot of residents pass), humored her--and it always worked. She was fine during the day, and didn't see anybody; for a long time it was just at night.

About a month before she died, my father told me that the "party people" had stopped coming, and that she now getting regular visits from her dad, who died in the late '40s. He'd come in, and they'd talk, and she was so happy because she'd been closest to him, and had always missed him so much.

I just blurted out, "She's getting ready to join him. It won't be long." I hadn't read any NDE stuff then, or any literature on dying (despite having had an after-death contact experience with a friend years before), but I just knew she was coming to the end of her life, even though physically she still seemed robust for a lady her age. So I made arrangements to make one last visit three weeks later, and when I walked into the room there was something about her eyes that told me I was right, and I knew she'd be gone within a week. Five days later, I got home to a message that she'd laid down to take a nap that afternoon, and didn't wake up.
Old 29-07-2017, 03:16 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
My great-grandmother lived to be 102, and was pretty sharp almost to the end. But during the last year of her life, she complained that people were coming into her room at night to throw parties, and their talking and laughing woke her up. She'd hit the call button to get nursing staff to come in and make everyone leave, and they (having seen a lot of residents pass), humored her--and it always worked. She was fine during the day, and didn't see anybody; for a long time it was just at night.

About a month before she died, my father told me that the "party people" had stopped coming, and that she now getting regular visits from her dad, who died in the late '40s. He'd come in, and they'd talk, and she was so happy because she'd been closest to him, and had always missed him so much.

I just blurted out, "She's getting ready to join him. It won't be long." I hadn't read any NDE stuff then, or any literature on dying (despite having had an after-death contact experience with a friend years before), but I just knew she was coming to the end of her life, even though physically she still seemed robust for a lady her age. So I made arrangements to make one last visit three weeks later, and when I walked into the room there was something about her eyes that told me I was right, and I knew she'd be gone within a week. Five days later, I got home to a message that she'd laid down to take a nap that afternoon, and didn't wake up.

That's an awesome story...she just went to sleep. What a peaceful way to go home. I worked in the medical field a long time, and I have seen some stuff. Actually, I was seeing it long before I got into the medical field...but seeing the deceased relatives days, ir weeks before death was new to me, too. The first time I had heard of that, was with the patient I walked to the Imaging dept.
Old 29-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Seeker

Angel1 Me too

Yes, I had my own experience of this type of thing.

A few years ago an elderly friend of mine passed during a lengthy hospital stay.
In the last few weeks she started telling me of the people who came into her room through a door in the corner - where no physical door was.

Being in a place where there is of course a lot of movement between worlds, I at first thought about it in general terms and tried to reassure her that it was just spirit visitors passing through on the way to visit other patients. Her room was private which "of course" would be a better place for access than in a public ward. That seemed to reassure her for a while, and at the time we had no reason to think her time was coming.
She didn't stop seeing the passers-through, though, finally telling me that family members, long passed over, were coming to visit now. That gave me a hint, though I told her at the time it was quite understandable that they'd visit, just as her physical friends were doing.

It was a couple of weeks later that she went through that door herself, no doubt accompanied by guardian angel and family, and guided by the Angel of (physical) Death, into the next life.
Old 29-07-2017, 09:09 AM
Administrator
As a medium i have seen this happening myself.i have always worked as a carer before doing my counselling i have seen people who were about to pass looking at the bottom of the bed with a big smile on their faces as lost loved ones came to collect them. my husband was not into spirituality much when we first met. but the longer we were together he showed he to was psychic and had a high intuition. when i was looking for a name for a site i cut my teeth on he said this is what you should call yourself. it is the name my guide had given me since a very young child.
my husband had lung cancer just before he passed he looked at me and said my dads here and my taid. taid is a welsh word for grandfather. he passed seeing them.
i have seen it with my mother and others its lovely to see. people who know they are going to pass passing with a smile on their faces.

Namaste
Old 29-07-2017, 11:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you for sharing your stories, they are very amusing, inspiring, and hopeful. ( and pardon, I am terrible at responding back due to time constraints)

In reference to the article, I thought it was interesting to read that they discourage medical employees or people in general to not debunk or brush the stories as it could be very traumatic for the person 'dying'.

I do have an interesting story, a cousin of mine got into a terrible drinking and driving car accident ( he was living a irresponsible 'high' life) and his NDE was more a negative tone,in his case, evil spirits/energies ( dark shadows) wanted to take him, and they told him 'it was his time to go'.. so I thought his story was intersting. He survived after being rehabilitated for over a year. Anywho, I think my point is there seems to be more study/research on positive stories.

An excerpt from a study

Quote:
Grey’s study revealed that only a small minority of people (20% or less) who had an NDE went through a negative near-death experience—but those who did felt varying levels of anguish, desperation and desolation.

Then, in 2013, a group of American researchers led by Bruce Greyson and Nancy Bush interviewed fifty people who had negative NDEs, and concluded that common features included a lack of control, despair, a sense of existing in an eternal, gloomy dark void, and even menacing, hostile landscapes study participants described as “hellish” or “abysmal.” They felt foreboding and saw other bitter, raging and frustrated souls. Surprisingly, though, the researchers heard very few accounts of what could be described as a conventional hell—no devils, demons, torture or eternal fiery torment".