Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 16-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Ascender
The sculpture was seeming white to me that's why i shared with you but seeming to me that you found that also blue. Then how about this picture: http://www.newhdwallpaper.in/wp-cont...wallpapers.jpg
Old 17-11-2016, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralaro
The sculpture was seeming white to me that's why i shared with you but seeming to me that you found that also blue. Then how about this picture: http://www.newhdwallpaper.in/wp-cont...wallpapers.jpg
Namaste. I guess it is all just a matter of personal perspective because everything just looked blue to me.

What colour Shiva is doesn't really matter, but from many poems and stories, He has skin as white as alabaster (Malika) or dark as a black hole (Digambara).

When I feel His energy, it's like a white light that is enveloping, warm and comforting and I sense He has this glowing whitish 'skin' that is pure energy manifest.

If He was blue, how would the blue stain on His throat contrast against His skin eh? eh???

That's why I believe Lord Shiva is white (non-god racist). lol

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 17-11-2016, 02:40 AM
Master
Actually, it does go just a little deeper than that.

One of my earlier experiences of this was in Bali, Indonesia.

During a prayer service at a Hindu temple, I was forbidden by my parents to go up and offer a banana to Shiva (Ciwa) I had specifically brought along for the occasion. They were following temple protocol for 'outsiders' out of cultural respect....I didn't feel like I was one.

I was very angry and upset, not because of their stubborn attitude, but because I wanted to go up and give the banana to God and could not...I was 16 at the time.

So, I sat down grumpily in my floor-space...very grumpily and said to myself; "now I know how Mother Sati felt - I cannot offer you my banana today my Lord, here, have my heart then - TAKE IT" and I went into deep trance to the sound of the gamelan with tears streaming down my face - tears of comfort, love and a sense of 'total belonging' to all of this - whatever was happening around me.

A few minutes later, my parents were pulled aside by the temple priest who told them his father needed to speak to me urgently and refusal would offend - far be it for my parents to 'offend'...so off I went.

The gist of it all - he said "Shiva thanks you for your banana - he got it" and "I saw Shiva's 'white light' hovering over you before - you were shining" (it later appeared in a picture taken of me). and then he turned up a pressured gas lamp to brilliant while luminous pitch - "like THIS!" he said - Ciwa is like THIS!" pure white light - it is His Jyotir Linga form".

I felt much better after that and bowed before the priest and I was taken back to sit with my parents who were puzzled. I just told them I 'just got a blessing..."

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 17-11-2016, 04:58 AM
Master
Oh my dear Lord Shiva, only You could have some...any idea of how much it is I am loving You right now, 'cause I don't.

OM NAMAH SHIVAY!!!
Old 17-11-2016, 06:11 AM
Master
...and when His Spirit instills itself directly into the Heart of the Vedas,
When through His meditations, even the Lord realises His own Divinity,
The transformation happens through the Damaru, through the Dance,
Lord Shiva fades....then Maha Rudra appears with a roar like thunder,
My heart beats into infinite oblivion as my breath freezes in my lungs,
The whole nature of time folds in upon itself, yet there is joy infinite,
Bliss that will remain unexpressed when the formless gives rise to form....Necromancer

Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya
Om Namah Shivaya
Old 17-11-2016, 06:28 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
Like I said, I'm retired, so comparison is out of the question. Right now I do about an hour of personal sadhana every morning in the home shrine, and I go to temple daily because I took a once a day for a year vow. That takes about 2 hours. Then there's some reading, hatha yoga, etc. on top of that.

The goal to keep Siva in mind always is to go to sleep on his mantra, than awaken on the same syllable you fell asleep on. I haven't quite mastered that yet.

But the discipline is so key... not getting angry, stepping with a confidence born of humility ... all that jazz. Sadhana is easier when emotions are somewhat under control.
Brother Vinayaka,
Try to meditate on God Shiva.
Old 17-11-2016, 06:31 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
...and when His Spirit instills itself directly into the Heart of the Vedas,
When through His meditations, even the Lord realises His own Divinity,
The transformation happens through the Damaru, through the Dance,
Lord Shiva fades....then Maha Rudra appears with a roar like thunder,
My heart beats into infinite oblivion as my breath freezes in my lungs,
The whole nature of time folds in upon itself, yet there is joy infinite,
Bliss that will remain unexpressed when the formless gives rise to form....Necromancer

Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya
Om Namah Shivaya
Awesome... Namaste.
Thanks Sister for so nice poem God's lovesong.
Om Namah Shivaya.
Old 17-11-2016, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
Awesome... Namaste.
Thanks Sister for so nice poem God's lovesong.
Om Namah Shivaya.
Most of the time these things just tend to happen when I am in that total bhakti space and I have to read what I wrote later.

There's a lot more to this - the love poems to Shiva written by the old Lingayat saints of Tamil Nadu are totally exquisite, my friend...beautiful.

For some reason though, part of me (a huge part of me) is drawn to Kashi, even though I was only in India for @ six months studying at Haridwar and Rishikesh. (Divine Life Society)..I pretty much did all of U.P. in that time and nowhere else - having said that, Bali (Ubud) and Nepal (Pashupatinath) are my 'spiritual homes' as well as Borobudur temple in Java and Angkor Wat in Cambodia - I resonate so well with these places...

Om Namah Shivaya
Old 20-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Master
Happy Kala Bhairava Jayanti by the way!

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 20-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
Brother Vinayaka,
Try to meditate on God Shiva.

lol You as well. After 40 years, there is no 'try' left. It's easy. When I encountered Siva over 40 years ago in the form of the Dancer, the shopkeeper who had custody of Him asked, "You meditate on that?" I lied, 'Yes', but it started something, to make amends for the lie.

The halls of Chidambaram reverberate with His Universal dance.

Aum Na Ma Si Va Ya