Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 10-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy
How do you know he has the final say?
Jesus was the creator of Christianity so I would suppose he gets to set the rules of what's ok.

If you adopted Christianity as a faith and practiced it, as a part of that the direct communication is possible. Because you have that belief you could ask God for revelation to you regarding this.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Master

Whatever faith you follow, if it makes you a better, kinder person and adds to the greater good of Creation, then it's right...for you.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Jesus was the creator of Christianity so I would suppose he gets to set the rules of what's ok.

Jesus was not the creator of Christianity. Jesus was Jewish. Christianity wasn't founded until at least a century after the death of the alleged historical Jesus. The tradition was founded by those who were inspired by his teachings. So this means they set the rules?

I wouldn't say so either. Religions evolve beyond their founders. Traditional Christian teachings have changed thousands of times over, as evidenced by the thousands of Christian traditions out there and the differing beliefs about various components of the religious category we call Christian.

As far as I'm concerned, any and all religious syncretism is allowed. It's your religion, your responsibility. The picture changes somewhat if you decide to be part of a religious community, but given there is already an established Christian-Wiccan community, I don't see the problem.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Master
Sorry, Q, but I dont agree with you on that. Wicca is a religion. So allegedly is Christianity. Wicca has a core of Witchcraft, although many wiccans ignore that. This is circle that cannot be squared. Whatever the hybrid is, it cannot be called Wiccan Christianity or Christian Wicca - that is an insult to both.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Quintessence

Eh, as far as I'm concerned my opinion on the matter is pretty darned irrelevant. Christian Wiccans exist. Our opinions on the matter do not change that. Whether or not you think their religious practice is legitimate is another matter. I do not think it is my business to judge whether or not someone else's religious path is legitimate. As far as I'm concerned, if their path serves them well, it is legitimate for them and that is all that matters.

Also, there are a number of Christians who practice magic/witchcraft alongside their Christian faith. They may not call it that, but they are definitely out there. Brujaria anyone? They're typically Christians who practice witchcraft and folk magic. Not the only example either.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Master
Register a failure to agree

So, does that make the Roman Catholic Church actually Christian Wicca ?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:39 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindy
Is it? I was wondering what you all think of this?

Yes it is possible, i was one for about 2 years studying in a circle of Christian witches. It did seem a bit strange at first given that the church killed 24 accused witches back in the salem witch trials. Bit of bad blood there for some id think. We didnt follow the dogma of christianity or the label that comes with that though we did respect the message that jesus stood for and displayed. We were Witches accepting the energy of christ in to our lives but not the energy of the church that supposedly acts on jesus behalf. You dont have to be a devout christian to appreciate the teachings of jesus and adopt those that resonate with you in to your life. The church came after jesus and they are just followers like others that choose to admire him and i am not sure that they own the rights to the word Christian...maybe they do???
Old 12-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Sorry, Q, but I dont agree with you on that. Wicca is a religion. So allegedly is Christianity. Wicca has a core of Witchcraft, although many wiccans ignore that. This is circle that cannot be squared. Whatever the hybrid is, it cannot be called Wiccan Christianity or Christian Wicca - that is an insult to both.

With the close similarities between these two monotheistic religions, one would think it easier for someone to be both a Jew and Moslem at the same time.

I have no doubts there are Christian Witches and am appreciative of my own particular medicine to avoid or withstand such.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
So, does that make the Roman Catholic Church actually Christian Wicca ?

Of course not. As far as I know, the Roman Catholic Church has never claimed such a label and I see no reason to slap it on them. Individual believers, however, have the right to identify themselves as they see fit. It's their religious path. As long as they make it clear that their path is syncretic, I have no problem with a label like "Christian Wiccan." It's very possible to incorporate Christian mythology into a Neopagan framework. When I hear "Christian Wiccan" I think, perhaps, of someone who represents the God and Goddess as Jesus and Mary Magdalene respectively. Or perhaps they use Pagan deities for the God and Goddess but incorporate Christian saints in their practice? Syncretism at its best! I don't believe in religion being "mark one box only." It's contrived. Hells, I may be Neopagan, but I aim to honor my family's religious roots (Judaism and Catholicism) in small ways as well. I wouldn't call myself a Christo-Judeo-Pagan by any stretch, but I'm not the sort who will say "these waters shall never mix so I am not allowed to respect my religious heritage EVER!"
Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Master
I have no personal stake in this since I regard Wicca as trivial at best. There is the usual danger in this thread of the mistake Wicca = Witchcraft. Let us not forget that the church persecuted witches for nigh on 2000 years. So, in my mind, Christian Wicca is a complete oxymoron. I could stick a Baked Beans label on a can of tomatoes but that does not make the contents Baked Beans.