Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 01-08-2012, 10:10 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Since leaving the one web forum that was plagued with Hard Gards, I've rarely had to deal with them since. They're an odd minority opinion.
Right on Quintessence!

And Tanith, you should not experiance that on SF and please let me know if you ever do.

Opinions are awesome! Having said that, the "I'm right so you must be wrong" is not so awesome. And not tolerated

Get comfy, learn your religion (Happy Lammas BTW (by the way )) and lean on Norsman and Quintessence and the others on here for info and advice and do your thing
Old 10-08-2012, 04:13 AM
Tanith

Quintessence; I also found that odd. I was curious why someone who, by their own standards as you say, is not Wiccan can tell me that I'm not Wiccan either. So I agree, it is very strange to say the least.

EmergingPath; yes as close as I can come to find pagan roots in the US are the various Native American tribes scattered throughout North America (and they are not technically "pagan" if I've been told right?). I incorporate a few prayers of the Native cultures from my land as I find them into my practice, the ones that speak to me, but this is not the path I follow. As I said, I am a stranger in this land, so to speak, because my ancestry is not Native American or South American.

Thank you very much for the blessing as well, we had a wonderful Lammas. And I am very much grateful for this website and the people here, who have never been anything but accepting and helpful :)

(PS sorry for such a late reply, I had typed this up before but it seemed not to have posted)
Old 26-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Pathfinder

Wow, really needed to read this today. I'm currently in the same situation after reading a blog post that I MUST be initiated into a coven to be a true Wiccan and when I posted the article on another forum it sparked a heated debate, which is currently still taking place. Seeing some of the responses on that site left me quite discouraged, but reading the answers here has helped me out a lot.
Old 26-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Occultist

This has become a nightmare. Many people who say there Wiccans just like many people who claim to be christians has no idea what the belief there claiming stands for or the text from which it stems from.
If your practising Magicks and creating circles and casting spells my best guess is "stereo typically" you are not an American Wiccan.. There mostly ritual based and certain parts of the craft actually frightens some.
They will tell you of evil Ouija boards and black magicks and all the rainbow color magicks there is. When in truth there is only one kind and its what we do with it. A rede is nice if you want one. I dont have a rede I dont follow Gardner I am a Witch so I believe in intent and purpose not a piece of paper with rules wrote out. You find your own path and you will be a stronger Witch or Wiccan or Craft weaver in the outcome.

We need to stop bickering over these petty things and unite we will become stronger.
Old 27-08-2012, 01:48 AM
Tanith

I knew something was drawing me back to the Board~

Wonderfully and eloquently said, Occultist! I have overcome what others have been saying and continue to follow my Path as I have laid it out.

That being said I have encountered more questions.

Vanora, I have learned from this thread that no one can tell you what you are and what you're not.

What you are comes from your blood, your spirit, and your heart!
Old 28-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Quintessence

There are cases where people can tell you where you are and what you're not with legitimate authority. If what you are calling yourself is a status conferred onto you by another, then their say matters. For example, earning a bachelor's degree is a status conferred to you by an institution. If you haven't earned it, people can and should call ** on you claiming you have a college degree. There are some Wiccan and Neopagan traditions that operate this way, but by and large, they do not. Where your title requires no external authority for validation, it is indeed true that you are self-defined.
Old 28-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Occultist

Quintessence: This is been a annoying I have had people say there Witches I ask them simple questions as one Witch opinion to another and sadly they knew nothing never casted a spell in there lives do now know what a circle is.
Thinks some Witches are in fact evil.
But we could argue the same thing with Christians many claim to be and have no idea what the basics of there religion and belief system is.
Nor have they ever read the bible or try to obey the laws.
Just that in the US Witchcraft has been demoralized and shunned and feared.
Then turned into no more then a childhood fairy tale.
So yes we have alot to over come. That is sad in a way that a few oddballs make us look like we are all tree hugging jokes. But just be patient with the young ones who wish to follow path or pretend to follow the path out of status or fitting in somewhere. Instead of telling them what there not help them achieve what they can be. We will all be stronger for it.
Old 28-08-2012, 05:29 PM
EmergingPath

Hi all, love the thread and the discourse.

I do think that an agreemnt on some basic terms and are important:
Wicca - is a modern pagan religion which was made popular in the 1950's and 60's by Gerald Gardner and incorporates ritual magik (Magic) and is traditionally and primarily a duothestic religion, where The Goddess is of primary importance.

While it was originally popularized via membership in a Coven, it has evolved with many Wiccans now as solitary or eclectic practioniers of their religon.

Folk magik, Witchcraft, or just "the craft" typically refer to an older practice, handed down from generations.

There used to be a member on here that some of you might recall, Calentral (may have the spelling wrong) who had dozens of great articles written about the Craft and Wicca on these forums. Unfortunately they were lost when the boards went dark after Matthew's death.

For me, the bottom line is this: Dont let anyone tell you that you MUST be part of a coven to be Wicca. Follow your heart, ask questions, learn your religion, think long and hard on what truley resonates with you, craft your own path, and stay out of the petty "Witch Wars", there is nothing to be gained there.

As Occultist stated above "We need to stop bickering over these petty things and unite we will become stronger."

Great advice in my opinion
Old 28-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Master
Emerging Path - Calantiriel ! - a great loss to SF, so much lost
Old 28-08-2012, 06:12 PM
EmergingPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Emerging Path - Calantiriel ! - a great loss to SF, so much lost

Agreed, but we still have you and your wisdom