Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 30-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Knower
I don't think you'll have a problem as long as you make sure any group rituals are non-sexual first. Skyclad doesn't necessarily have to be sexual, or inappropriate, since I'm asexual but it doesn't mean I can't participate in a skyclad ritual.

I used to Fly.
Old 30-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
OK. I sometimes go "skyclad" especially on the moor top in a thunder storm with lightning clashing all around. Very invigorating !

OOooooooo, the mental image!
Old 01-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Master
Yes well, Triner, now you know where the American Werewolf in London legend came from .
[Actually, the moor in question is where the pub in the movie is - The Slaughtered Lamb aka Tan Hill Inn http://www.tanhillinn.com/ ]
Old 01-12-2011, 01:38 PM
LadyMoondancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrode
Do you have children? What are you going to do with children when you are to a cermony?

am I the only one who is starting to get a little wary of these questions by this person?

First he is trying to pin us down as to what we are getting out of Wicca, as tho there is nothing to be gotten out of it.

Now this. Chrode your question was answered - and then you come right back with the same thing - as tho Wiccans are bad to be skyclad in some things.

There are many PAGAN (not just Wiccan) groups that perform skyclad rituals. Some right in the middle of the afternoon. Children may or may not be present. Those that have been brought up by parents who see nothing wrong with nudity, who embrace the beauty of the human body do this. Sometimes NUDISTS are not even Pagan, or Wiccan at all. In many European countries, Sweden for one, there is no shame in the body. Many people go skinny dipping. And they are not pagan or wiccan. So WICCANS (or Pagans) don't own a copyright on skyclad. They just have a cute mystical word for nakedness: skyclad.

So getting back to your original question: "In Wicca there is alot of sexual elements in like ritual sex and skyclaid (ritual nudity). Are children before sexual active going to worship the lord and lady?"

You seem to be laboring under the false impression that being skyclad is "ritual nudity." And then seem to imply that in order to worship the lord and lady, there HAS to be some form of sexual activity. And this is where your concern for pre-sexually active children come in.

I don't know where you're getting your information from. But it seems to me you've been reading a lot of Christian propaganda that puts out there that Wiccans have sexual rituals in front of young children.

As for myself - what I do - or wear- is not your business. There is no LAW that says anybody performing a ritual MUST by skyclad. Or even to engage in ANY sexual activity. And there is no LAW that says you MUST be naked or do sex in order to worship the Lord and the Lady.

When I, or a child, behold the beauty of a sunrise, a flower, a new born infant, or the death of a loved one - THAT is worshipping the Lord and the Lady. I don't need Gardner or LaVey to tell me how.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:37 AM
Master
Any belief system given to a child is the first step in making the child stupid, let them make their own choices in spiritual matters.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Chrode

Ladymoondancer

"There is no LAW that says anybody performing a ritual MUST by skyclad."

It can discuss.

The charge of the goddess says:

"and as a sign that ye be really free,
ye shall be naked in your rites;"
Old 02-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Master
Chrode, the difficulty with the Charge of the Goddess/God is that they have no historical or cultural significance. Written in the 1940's by Gardner and rewritten in the 1950's by Valiente and unheard of prior to that date. The Charge of the God is the later of the two. They are only significant as part of the ceremonial of wicca. Link it with the Rede and Creed as ritual chants, nothing more.
In this area, you are coming up against the wide gap between UK and US. In the UK, there was a falling away from wicca back to the Old Religion and Craft.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Chrode

Quote:
Chrode, the difficulty with the Charge of the Goddess/God is that they have no historical or cultural significance. Written in the 1940's by Gardner and rewritten in the 1950's by Valiente and unheard of prior to that date. The Charge of the God is the later of the two. They are only significant as part of the ceremonial of wicca. Link it with the Rede and Creed as ritual chants, nothing more.
In this area, you are coming up against the wide gap between UK and US. In the UK, there was a falling away from wicca back to the Old Religion and Craft.

The teachings of Wicca come to express in the Charges... what you se in other books are really eclectic neo-paganism and they have nothing to do with Wicca...
Old 02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Master
You got that the wrong way round. What you see in wicca has got nothing to do with anything else. How could it ?
The thing that you are still refusing to accept is the fact that wicca was "manufactured" in the 20th century, it has no history or heritage before that date apart from the bits and pieces "borrowed" from elsewhere. So what you read in Gardner, and co is irrelevant !
This is not neo-paganism but the real deal, well documented in properly researched, peer reviewed academic sources.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Chrode

Quote:
You got that the wrong way round. What you see in wicca has got nothing to do with anything else. How could it ?
The thing that you are still refusing to accept is the fact that wicca was "manufactured" in the 20th century, it has no history or heritage before that date apart from the bits and pieces "borrowed" from elsewhere. So what you read in Gardner, and co is irrelevant !
This is not neo-paganism but the real deal, well documented in properly researched, peer reviewed academic sources.

What do you talking about...?