Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-01-2018, 02:51 AM
Master
Living in a 'double exposure' ?

I know there are peeps here who can honestly speak to this. And I am curious. I have experienced non-dual awareness, though I am no longer there. I had trouble adjusting to relating to "others" as I was seeing that there is, essentially, no separation between self and other (or everything in existence for that matter...).

So, in a world where most everybody around you is experiencing dualistic perception, how do you live immersed in non-dual awareness?

In other words, how do you recognize the Oneness while simultaneously holding the view and respecting relative individuality?

Thank you!
Old 19-01-2018, 03:56 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
In other words, how do you recognize the Oneness while simultaneously holding the view and respecting relative individuality?

Thank you!

It's like Aladdin. You have a secret, you know it, and sense it, live it. You look in the mirror and see them. They don't know but you see it. You live normally, with a secret, loving God, living joy.

BT
Old 19-01-2018, 04:05 AM
Suspended
Ascender

bluebird,

I just saw your other thread, and I am very sorry for what you went through. My experience would be - be amongst those whom know - these are spiritual secrets and realities that people who have not first hand experienced them would have no concept or imagination of what it even is. When you shift, your perception and consciousness fully shifts. I know there are many such moments of Gnosis that can open up. Be amongst Sangha, genuine teachers if you can. In the world of duality, relativity and ego, one has to be careful with what one shares because ego can never grasp or understand God or True Unconditional Love. This is why most mystics and Spiritual Masters speak in parables. It is like a secret language which only other mystics see - like responding to a mate's call in the Kingdom of Birds.

Once again, I am very deeply sorry for what you experienced. I hope that you can forgive your Mother - she probably really didn't understand at all..I'm sorry.

Blessings,
BT
Old 19-01-2018, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
I know there are peeps here who can honestly speak to this. And I am curious. I have experienced non-dual awareness, though I am no longer there. I had trouble adjusting to relating to "others" as I was seeing that there is, essentially, no separation between self and other (or everything in existence for that matter...).

So, in a world where most everybody around you is experiencing dualistic perception, how do you live immersed in non-dual awareness?

Thank you!

you want to eat your cake and have it too eh.

I think what I said above will help you see the problem in what you are seeking. However I'll elaborate.

If you want to live in a way that nobody else does, separate yourself from everybody else. If you want to be around other people, you'll need to live like they do, or learn to accept their ways of life as equally awesome as the one you choose.

living like an acetic or with a highly spiritual mind is for our personal benefit. it's not meant to be a way for us to elevate ourselves above our peers. However seeking elevation is one of the main reasons people seek spirituality.

maybe there is no separation between self and other on the highest spiritual level. but you, the ego, are not there. and you never will be (not trying to be harsh, just saying that the aspect of yourself which is not differentiated is already at that level so there is nothing to reach for, and your ego (which you think needs to be elevated to that level) can never be elevated to that level. so you are essentially are chasing the impossible. so whats the point of hating yourself and seeking to eliminate yourself? theres none really. once you (ego) are gone, there is nothing.

Seems to me, rather than wanting yourself to be gone (the ego) you just want to eliminate that part of you which cannot stand to be you. This is done most often through therapy, but sometimes through spiritual practice.

also. I don't really care to experience non-dual awareness or whatever. What I have now is pretty darn amazing. I am my ego, and my higher self is my higher self. my higher self can do whatever the heck it wants to do, me as my ego is going to do whatever I want to do. ya feel me? Me as my ego is not gonna seek to be my higher self. that position is already taken. I'm here to enjoy being my ego, and thats exactly what I do.

cheers bud.
Old 19-01-2018, 07:08 AM
Master
sometimes I blow my own mind. gah I love being me haha
Old 19-01-2018, 04:28 PM
Master
Shivatar - many assumptions and projections here. I know you have good intent. I have absolutely no desire to "elevate" myself above others, on the contrary I wish to live and connect with all, exactly as they are and I am. I am asking this question because whether I like it or not it is indeed a process I am going through. There's nothing to be ashamed of nor to puff myself up about. It's just something I'm experiencing and not a personal agenda I have... lol quite the opposite.

BT your words are comforting. I feel less alone. Thank you. <3
Old 19-01-2018, 04:34 PM
Master
"So what is the point of hating yourself and seeking to eliminate yourself?"

I want to share with you that liberation does not come from seeking to eliminate yourself but actually outrageously facing, feeling, allowing, and integrating ALL aspects of self, especially the ones that are the most seemingly horrific and painful. You must DIVE into the wound and see the Love that resides there. Liberation is the ultimate no escape from yourself. That's why it takes such immense courage and self honesty.

You are speaking about someone who is very confused and using spiritual materialism, spirituality as a way to escape instead of face and feel, perhaps a past you?
Old 19-01-2018, 06:54 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
you want to eat your cake and have it too eh.

I think what I said above will help you see the problem in what you are seeking. However I'll elaborate.

If you want to live in a way that nobody else does, separate yourself from everybody else. If you want to be around other people, you'll need to live like they do, or learn to accept their ways of life as equally awesome as the one you choose.

living like an acetic or with a highly spiritual mind is for our personal benefit. it's not meant to be a way for us to elevate ourselves above our peers. However seeking elevation is one of the main reasons people seek spirituality.

maybe there is no separation between self and other on the highest spiritual level. but you, the ego, are not there. and you never will be (not trying to be harsh, just saying that the aspect of yourself which is not differentiated is already at that level so there is nothing to reach for, and your ego (which you think needs to be elevated to that level) can never be elevated to that level. so you are essentially are chasing the impossible. so whats the point of hating yourself and seeking to eliminate yourself? theres none really. once you (ego) are gone, there is nothing.

Seems to me, rather than wanting yourself to be gone (the ego) you just want to eliminate that part of you which cannot stand to be you. This is done most often through therapy, but sometimes through spiritual practice.

heehee shivatar

I don't think it's quite like that at all

I believe that what bluebird refers to is an intimately unifying and loving experience, not a separation or wanting herself to be gone

BT
Old 19-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
I want to share with you that liberation does not come from seeking to eliminate yourself but actually outrageously facing, feeling, allowing, and integrating ALL aspects of self, especially the ones that are the most seemingly horrific and painful. You must DIVE into the wound and see the Love that resides there. Liberation is the ultimate no escape from yourself. That's why it takes such immense courage and self honesty. ?

bluebird,

May I ask what spiritual path you followed?

BT
Old 19-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
BT your words are comforting. I feel less alone. Thank you. <3

Pleasure is mine.

Thank you bluebird.

BT