Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-12-2017, 04:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Yes, it has been. And yes, I have

It is a particularly pronounced serenity, a peaceful equanimity, and a radiant lovingkindness. Which strengthens and eases the soul (or as Buddhists call it, the 5 heaps ).

Good times!

Peace & blessings
7L

thanks for sharing yoir experience!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 19-12-2017, 04:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Some like to say become like a bottle of fine wine.
I prefer champagne myself..
Once the cork has been popped the champagne bubbles become your infinite realities. So as each one pops you get to explore/sample/taste/immerse in, the infinite landscape of this universal wonder, called life, that we each are within and without..

you have a gift with words. thanks for sharing!

Wherever I May Roam
Old 19-12-2017, 04:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yea, weird, as when I was meditating a lot I only slept 3-4 hours a night, and double yea, go neutral.

its my opinion we are still on the same subject as your thread in the health section. maybe its just me but exercise has many parallels with meditation. lol

Wherever I May Roam
Old 19-12-2017, 07:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
its my opinion we are still on the same subject as your thread in the health section. maybe its just me but exercise has many parallels with meditation. lol

It has to, because it's basically the same mind/body connectivity, and I think the physical aspects of the vedanta, through yoga teachings, are clear on this unity. So I will examine this not in yoga practice which I don't know about, but in weight training, which is my forte, and bring some insight into what is happening at this mind/body connection.

First the athlete must be consciously aware of sensation of the muscle movement, the contraction and the stretch, and feel the details thereof. Not to make it feel differently than it does, but to feel it as it is, and thus achieving the full contraction, full stretch, and coordination of motion throughout. It is not to find a distraction to 'take the mind off the pain', but the precise opposite, to be fully aware of the sensation as it is as it happens. Finding distractions from the pain is 'wrong training'.

When I go deeply into it, the level of coordination and precision of the movement isn't something I 'do'. It is a byproduct of the full attention of mind/muscle connection. As I am present with it, I am no longer a mind that wills the motion of the body, on the contrary, the mind falls into a deeply relaxed state as the attention remains with the sensation of the moment.

When I translate this to the shakti as you call it, I keep the same underlying principle, and I know people have told you to exercise to make it more - but you see how a muscle become more with the observation alone, and not by attempting to increase nor decrease the intensity of the present sensation. Hence I advocate neutrality in the same sense, exercise, kandalini, and every thing else anyone may experience.

The last thing is to take care of arising desires, as the person want's more muscle, but is already training to their capacity. The desire won't produce any more muscle at all, as that growth is of mere consequence to the process of exercise, diet and rest. The mind body connection is presence with the process, and the continuity of the process will never be the function of desire. The long term sustainability that sees real results is actually the equanimity of a mind which is fully presently engaged with the sensation of the movement.
Old 24-12-2017, 03:13 AM
Master
Lately, I've been meditating on the Shri Yantra (my avatar).

Shri is another name for the Goddess.

I have thus dived deep into Shri Yantra Vidya and have gone back to exploring my Tantric roots with emphasis on the Agamas and the Star of David representing the union of male and female, giving birth to Sanat Kumar - Lord Murugan...I've been paying my respects to Murugan lately - along with studying the Shatkona (six-pointed star) with reference to the starseeds from the Pleiades.

Shakti the Goddess has been front and centre in the whole saga of my practical Tantric romp, taking the form of the Red Dakini:

I've been offline for the past week, working on my book...I'm up to the part where the tongue gets shoved behind the nasal cavity to milk the soma of bliss.

Stopped off by reading the epistles of St. Paul as a side-track to all that...picked up a nice book from the second hand shop as some 'source material':

http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA1...Pau_index.html

Then, got into Hermes Trismegistus and started studying tantric alchemy....oh the lives of those Divine Hermaphrodites...

I've been busy offline....but yeah, Shakti is way up there right now.
Old 24-12-2017, 05:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Lately, I've been meditating on the Shri Yantra (my avatar).

Shri is another name for the Goddess.

I have thus dived deep into Shri Yantra Vidya and have gone back to exploring my Tantric roots with emphasis on the Agamas and the Star of David representing the union of male and female, giving birth to Sanat Kumar - Lord Murugan...I've been paying my respects to Murugan lately - along with studying the Shatkona (six-pointed star) with reference to the starseeds from the Pleiades.

Shakti the Goddess has been front and centre in the whole saga of my practical Tantric romp, taking the form of the Red Dakini:

I've been offline for the past week, working on my book...I'm up to the part where the tongue gets shoved behind the nasal cavity to milk the soma of bliss.

Stopped off by reading the epistles of St. Paul as a side-track to all that...picked up a nice book from the second hand shop as some 'source material':

http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/GA1...Pau_index.html

Then, got into Hermes Trismegistus and started studying tantric alchemy....oh the lives of those Divine Hermaphrodites...

I've been busy offline....but yeah, Shakti is way up there right now.

Steiner usually has something good to say.
Old 27-12-2017, 03:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It has to, because it's basically the same mind/body connectivity, and I think the physical aspects of the vedanta, through yoga teachings, are clear on this unity. So I will examine this not in yoga practice which I don't know about, but in weight training, which is my forte, and bring some insight into what is happening at this mind/body connection.

First the athlete must be consciously aware of sensation of the muscle movement, the contraction and the stretch, and feel the details thereof. Not to make it feel differently than it does, but to feel it as it is, and thus achieving the full contraction, full stretch, and coordination of motion throughout. It is not to find a distraction to 'take the mind off the pain', but the precise opposite, to be fully aware of the sensation as it is as it happens. Finding distractions from the pain is 'wrong training'.

When I go deeply into it, the level of coordination and precision of the movement isn't something I 'do'. It is a byproduct of the full attention of mind/muscle connection. As I am present with it, I am no longer a mind that wills the motion of the body, on the contrary, the mind falls into a deeply relaxed state as the attention remains with the sensation of the moment.

When I translate this to the shakti as you call it, I keep the same underlying principle, and I know people have told you to exercise to make it more - but you see how a muscle become more with the observation alone, and not by attempting to increase nor decrease the intensity of the present sensation. Hence I advocate neutrality in the same sense, exercise, kandalini, and every thing else anyone may experience.

The last thing is to take care of arising desires, as the person want's more muscle, but is already training to their capacity. The desire won't produce any more muscle at all, as that growth is of mere consequence to the process of exercise, diet and rest. The mind body connection is presence with the process, and the continuity of the process will never be the function of desire. The long term sustainability that sees real results is actually the equanimity of a mind which is fully presently engaged with the sensation of the movement.

everything i learned from the weight room. is strangely the education i needed for my spiritual journey. lol. thabks for sharing gem! sorry im late responding. im busier than i use to be.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 27-12-2017, 07:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
everything i learned from the weight room. is strangely the education i needed for my spiritual journey. lol. thabks for sharing gem! sorry im late responding. im busier than i use to be.

No worries, You should 'Iron and the Soul' by Henry Rollins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tEW9OcrbPQ