Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-10-2017, 04:53 AM
Guide
The Art of Perception

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That's not all. We all have unique perceptions and some of them we share and pass on to each other. Some people find certain people sexy and beautiful and others don't. Mostly we are taught to perceive in the same ways. Herded like sheep. I have learned to control perception and use it as a force. I can look in the mirror and activate specific perceptions like handsome or sexy. Once this perception gets activated I can see it in my face. Its like shapeshifting. The same applies for other people. I can say she is beautiful and BAM she becomes more beautiful. Or she looks young etc etc. Same with nature. I look at the trees and say the trees are beautiful, majestic, awe inspiring etc. So many names to perceive and every name carries a definitive value. Every name has its own "look".

Any thoughts or ideas to add?
Old 19-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." That's not all. We all have unique perceptions and some of them we share and pass on to each other. Some people find certain people sexy and beautiful and others don't. Mostly we are taught to perceive in the same ways. Herded like sheep. I have learned to control perception and use it as a force. I can look in the mirror and activate specific perceptions like handsome or sexy. Once this perception gets activated I can see it in my face. Its like shapeshifting. The same applies for other people. I can say she is beautiful and BAM she becomes more beautiful. Or she looks young etc etc. Same with nature. I look at the trees and say the trees are beautiful, majestic, awe inspiring etc. So many names to perceive and every name carries a definitive value. Every name has its own "look".

Any thoughts or ideas to add?

Yes I can relate to this. It is why when I am connected deeper, I often see a shape shifting going on in others, where they change and shift before my eyes. Sometimes I will say, your face looks different to how it looked before. I see it with myself as well, but ultimately the feeling level is activated through our sensory connections that interpret as memories which then serve in specific situations. I often wonder about past lives moving through the whole person as well. To me that may signal a connection that becomes changeable through the awareness and perception if one is open more clear. The clearer you become more "whole body" the more subtle these become so the information will infuse more dramatically and more through a shape shifting perception.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 19-10-2017, 10:38 AM
Knower

I have always been fascinated by the
relationship between perception, the perceiver,
the perceived, and objective truth ( if it even exists ).

If an object can be seen in a thousand different ways
through a thousand different lenses, what is the objects
true nature? What is objective truth?

What influences perception?

Oftentimes, I perceive the external world through a
culmination of different lenses simutaneously.

I may see the physical, but I also see the menral/
emotional, spiritual, cultural/socieral/environmental
influences.

I may sense energy fields, see auras, feel past trauma,
inhibitions, mental blocks, external influences, etc. I
may even touch on my own traces of conditioning/hang
ups yet resolved.

Oftentimes, I will disassemble something all the way
to the very star dust they are. Mere energy
transitions & transactions. I'll fade in & out of
something similar to Carl Sagan's Blue Dot.
Most of the time we get caught up in our Earthy
vessels, & forget what & who we truly are behund
the facades & illusions.
Old 19-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Yes I can relate to this. It is why when I am connected deeper, I often see a shape shifting going on in others, where they change and shift before my eyes. Sometimes I will say, your face looks different to how it looked before. I see it with myself as well, but ultimately the feeling level is activated through our sensory connections that interpret as memories which then serve in specific situations. I often wonder about past lives moving through the whole person as well. To me that may signal a connection that becomes changeable through the awareness and perception if one is open more clear. The clearer you become more "whole body" the more subtle these become so the information will infuse more dramatically and more through a shape shifting perception.

Yes people change... It seems as if i am going crazy sometimes. I often set the intent to make people younger and more beautiful. It works like a charm. However I find nothing stays the same. I never want to grow old and dont see any reason for it. So long as one keeps a fluid perception then we can shift at will. Im going to stay young and sexy.
Old 19-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
I have always been fascinated by the
relationship between perception, the perceiver,
the perceived, and objective truth ( if it even exists ).

If an object can be seen in a thousand different ways
through a thousand different lenses, what is the objects
true nature? What is objective truth?

What influences perception?

Oftentimes, I perceive the external world through a
culmination of different lenses simutaneously.

I may see the physical, but I also see the menral/
emotional, spiritual, cultural/socieral/environmental
influences.

I may sense energy fields, see auras, feel past trauma,
inhibitions, mental blocks, external influences, etc. I
may even touch on my own traces of conditioning/hang
ups yet resolved.

Oftentimes, I will disassemble something all the way
to the very star dust they are. Mere energy
transitions & transactions. I'll fade in & out of
something similar to Carl Sagan's Blue Dot.
Most of the time we get caught up in our Earthy
vessels, & forget what & who we truly are behund
the facades & illusions.

I think the truth is fluid. It can be anything. People and objects are fluid and subject to change. The key is to effect perception and make it uniform. So that you are actually effecting other people's perceptions as well and not just in your own mind. I find you can control how other;s see you.. Like a masterful illusion being cast or projected.

Thats what everything is to me.. Ether, or star dust as you say. Its like everything can be anything. Everything is interconnected. There was a saint who said beauty can be found hidden within everything waiting for the eyes to discover it. What a beautiful piece of knowledge.

There is saying... Are you the dreamer or the dreamed? I like to think I am both. Being dreamed by the Gods, and yet dreaming my own creation.
Old 28-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Knower

Beautifully stated.

I suppose my concern/dilemma that I struggle
with is how does the world reach a state of
equilibrium, unity, and coexistence in a highly
complex & dualistic Universe.

If a single entity can be perceived in an
infinite amount of ways, angles, and
paradigms then how can common ground
ever be found?

How can one establish an Earth where
all beings were given the opportunity
to pursue their desires, reach their full potential,
and evolve individually & collectively if there
were no means of common ground or objective
truth.
Old 31-10-2017, 04:57 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
Beautifully stated.

I suppose my concern/dilemma that I struggle
with is how does the world reach a state of
equilibrium, unity, and coexistence in a highly
complex & dualistic Universe.

If a single entity can be perceived in an
infinite amount of ways, angles, and
paradigms then how can common ground
ever be found?

How can one establish an Earth where
all beings were given the opportunity
to pursue their desires, reach their full potential,
and evolve individually & collectively if there
were no means of common ground or objective
truth.

Thank you, and I will eloborate on my culture's path. We have learned to control perception and master the art. This involves two types of perception, personal and uniform. Personal perceptions are personalised to the individual and only the individual sees them. Uniform perceptions may be shared and pointed out to others. Personalised perceptions may also be shared if they feel it is right to do so. "Oh my God that girl's skirt is so trampy! Just look at it!"

In a free world, a world where people can control and expand perceptions it is wise to share only the nest of them and seek only the best. In this type of society perceptions would blossom and expand infinitely. People would search for.....lets say... the hidden beauty of things, and then share that perception with others. Learning to share perceptions, discard garbage ones, and the ability to isolate new perceptions is and would be a valuable commodity.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:30 AM
boshy b. good

Judging the boldness and clarity we might got, "it's boldness
And clarity that which we are able on to out-hustle".
Old 12-11-2017, 11:42 AM
Our perception is everything!

To see the world through God's perspective is the thing;
as the Reality that it is or isn't ...atoms looking like a chair, like the sun, like you.
ACIM helped me the most with that, actually facilitating a 'mind shift'
after only 28 says of doing the one sentence Lessons.
My whole perception of the world changed...and thus, my reactions to events. Wow.
ACIM can be googled, it's not for everyone.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Suspended
Have you ever seen those art works, like these type of ones?