Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-11-2017, 06:07 AM
Seeker

Lightbulb Who was this?

So I've been meditating on and off for the past couple of years. I enjoyed the way it dawned upon a general sense of well being and a peaceful mind. Recently my whole life turned upside down when I lost someone very dear to me and decided to seek solace in meditation. I made up my mind to practice it regularly as it was the only resort to tune down my inner turbulence a bit .

It has been only 6 consecutive days since and I've been on with the practice. As I began with the practice since Day 1 it wasn't hard for me to reach the meditative state as I've reached and stayed in this state several times during my previous practices.(I've also had a couple of OBEs years back without trying to induce it consciously). So this is what happened to me on Day 5 (yesterday) - 20 minutes into the meditation and as I finally reached the meditative state my body automatically straightens up, felt as though I was floating and my lips mysteriously curves into a smile ..it was such a strange and wonderful feeling at the same time as my conscious self kept asking why I was smiling? I felt unconditional love like never felt before, blessing, and something gave me the feeling that nothing in the world mattered and it was, is and will be always okay. This divine energy stayed with me for a good minute or so until my excitement brushed it off and I returned to myself. Right after that a feeling of vibration- as though a tiny strand of vibrating string attached to left part of my head lingered throughout the day.

Who/what was this? This has never happened to me before. Has it happened to anyone here? Please feel free to share your experiences.

Love and Light.
Old 16-12-2017, 06:39 AM
Seeker

After I did some research I realised what I felt and experienced was similar to the feeling of calmness and unconditional love and acceptance felt by someone who had NDE/s.
Old 16-12-2017, 03:12 PM
Seeker
Yes, I've experiences very similar to what you describe. I've been fortunate enough that after sessions that reach that level, the feeling stays with me for several hours or several days, and it gets a little easier each time to go back there. Although, with the energies being what they've been (somewhat chaotic) the past few months, I'm having a harder time getting to that level lately.
Old 20-12-2017, 04:57 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen.Appleton
Yes, I've experiences very similar to what you describe. I've been fortunate enough that after sessions that reach that level, the feeling stays with me for several hours or several days, and it gets a little easier each time to go back there. Although, with the energies being what they've been (somewhat chaotic) the past few months, I'm having a harder time getting to that level lately.
I wonder if there is a definite way to meditate or in calming oneself down to reach that state every time you meditate.
Old 21-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Master
The divine is very close.

Try closing your eyes and with intent hug the divine being of your choice. It can be Jesus, Shakti, the Buddha. Just hold that intent of hugging the divine being for a good 20-30 seconds and see if you notice anything.

Try this after your meditation practice. You may not notice anything at first but keep trying and see what you get over time.

Good luck.
Old 22-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerina
I wonder if there is a definite way to meditate or in calming oneself down to reach that state every time you meditate.

The one that seems to work for me (most of the time), is to play meditation music with or without seed chants, close my eyes and breath very deep for a few minutes while concentrating on my breating. Eventually, any sense of time melts away as a flood of thoughts fly through my mind. It took a while to fully understand to not resist the initial flood of thoughts, but instead to just let them be. When I find myself attaching to any of them, I refocus on my breath until they finally fade. It's at that point that the colors / shapes / images begin to appear, and not too long after that they become very sharp and "flow" from one to the next.

Recommendations for meditation music, if you're interested - YouTube channels: NuMeditationMusic or Meditative Mind or ZenLifeRelax
Old 23-12-2017, 02:40 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
So I've been meditating on and off for the past couple of years. I enjoyed the way it dawned upon a general sense of well being and a peaceful mind. Recently my whole life turned upside down when I lost someone very dear to me and decided to seek solace in meditation. I made up my mind to practice it regularly as it was the only resort to tune down my inner turbulence a bit .

It has been only 6 consecutive days since and I've been on with the practice. As I began with the practice since Day 1 it wasn't hard for me to reach the meditative state as I've reached and stayed in this state several times during my previous practices.(I've also had a couple of OBEs years back without trying to induce it consciously). So this is what happened to me on Day 5 (yesterday) - 20 minutes into the meditation and as I finally reached the meditative state my body automatically straightens up, felt as though I was floating and my lips mysteriously curves into a smile ..it was such a strange and wonderful feeling at the same time as my conscious self kept asking why I was smiling? I felt unconditional love like never felt before, blessing, and something gave me the feeling that nothing in the world mattered and it was, is and will be always okay. This divine energy stayed with me for a good minute or so until my excitement brushed it off and I returned to myself. Right after that a feeling of vibration- as though a tiny strand of vibrating string attached to left part of my head lingered throughout the day.

Who/what was this? This has never happened to me before. Has it happened to anyone here? Please feel free to share your experiences.

Love and Light.

The vibrating string(s) are attached to all of us and everything. You felt it for (I guess) the first time. It sounds like your vision is clearing up-which is very good! I've axtually seen the threads, or strings whatever one wants to call them and it is a strange experience when you don't know what you are looking at. I've heard them described as silver strings, threads-strands. They are energy strands of some sort and are connected to everything like I said. I don't know much more about them than that except that they can get dirty, and there are people that clean them, especially over cities where there is a lot of negativity.

You may have felt or seen it then because of the energy boost you got. You say that "you returned to yourself" - I tend to think that your previous state was more "yourself" than what we are used to as describing "ourselves" and you were given moments of that reality. I believe if you got there once you can always go back, it is our natural state.

Love and light to you as well.

edited
Old 23-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:

Love and Light.

Just another regular meditation experience.
Old 23-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
After I did some research I realised what I felt and experienced was similar to the feeling of calmness and unconditional love and acceptance felt by someone who had NDE/s.

it was probably a bliss feeling.

In science they call it "the relaxation response". In biochemistry, it's basically like this. after 15-20 minutes of meditation (on average, the response can come on as quick as a few minutes in eperienced mediators, and sometimes not at all for inexperienced practioners who have bad technique) your body gets rid of all the cortisol and adrenaline it has in it's system and floods the body with the good chemicals, serotonin, dopamine, gaba, acetylcholine, etc.

basically when you meditate correctly it clenses your body of stress chemicals. no stress chemicals + abundance of happy chemicals= feeling of bliss.

now you know what to aim for next time. good luck.
Old 23-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:

Love and Light.

Hi Nerina

I agree with shivatar - it's possibly a common experience in meditation and one I'm familiar with.

My experience is that it is not related to NDEs.

It's best, in my opinion and experience, to try not to seek "certain" states - meditation is being with what arises, so take each as it comes. In my experience, this is the norm but it wasn't always like this, and I go into each meditation with no expectations, as I believe this is the healthiest approach.

BT