Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 20-07-2016, 08:37 PM
Knower
Inverted Pentagram

I know the Pentagram is a commonly used Wicca symbol, what about the inverse of it?

I am looking for the positive interpretation of this symbol, because every time I see it, I am taken back a bit because of all the negative aspects that collectively everyone, including myself, associate with it.

It has got to have a positive meaning in there somewhere. Can anyone tell me what it is. I want to meditate on it so I can understand it better, and not freak out anytime I see it.
Old 21-07-2016, 02:54 AM
Master
There is a thing about upside down/rightside up...It has to do with opposites. Everything has an opposite. What goes up, must come down. there is in and there is out, right and left.

I don't use pentagrams but there is 'up and down' and when things seem pretty low then I will turn something upside down, to balance the energy. That is all there is to it for me.

Somebody else might have a different intent for inverting their pentacle but on a spiritual level it is not meant to be 'evil' it is meant to create needed change.
Old 21-07-2016, 05:05 AM
Master

The inverted pentagram is the symbol for one of the degrees in Gardnerian Witchcraft. It was also the symbol for the Goat of Mendes which was an idol honoured by the Knights Templar. In itself it's not evil, it's only thought of being evil because to some people the the two upright points represent the horns of the Christian devil.
Old 21-07-2016, 06:47 AM
Master
A lot of people think that the pentagram symbol is evil no matter what direction it is facing.
Old 22-07-2016, 03:49 AM
Master

That's true, Rozie and it's too bad but you can't do anything about those people. They're too programmed by society and they think they're right.
Old 22-07-2016, 05:14 AM
Seeker
Negative meaning? In the earliest use the inverted pentagram represented the Neter of early Egypt. To the Pythagorean's it was a symbol of divine perfection, the abstract order underlying all reality. Even in modern times it has represented spirit descending into matter (Thelema), change in opposed go stagnation (theistic Satanism), individuality (Luciferianism), the gift of Set and Becoming (Setianism), and so on. The only reason they're consider taboo is because they represent the aspect of us that craves individuality and is capable of shaking up order.
Old 28-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Lepus

Hello Rokazulu,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
I know the Pentagram is a commonly used Wicca symbol, what about the inverse of it?

I am looking for the positive interpretation of this symbol, because every time I see it, I am taken back a bit because of all the negative aspects that collectively everyone, including myself, associate with it.

It has got to have a positive meaning in there somewhere. Can anyone tell me what it is. I want to meditate on it so I can understand it better, and not freak out anytime I see it.

In America, people associate the inverted pentagram with Satanism. European Witches do not find the inverted pentagram sinister, or Satanic, as it represents the four Elements dominating the fifth Element (Spirit). The Gardnerian British Witchcraft use this symbol during their second degree initiation.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 23-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

was a satanist was very powerful as a satanic symbol with underworld gods like tazliapoca and what not or nihasa adamalech and so on like tiamat and what not or cronozon would have sessions where i let them possess my body and empower me was very diabolic having cronozon in my body and what not but no longer serve that path was a hard time getting all that **** out of me afterwards