Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-05-2019, 09:47 AM
Master
Is it fair to say that essentially God is a mystery?

All this talk and discussion about I AM or God Is....etc. Ultimately we are in the dark. We speculated and indicate...but God remains a mystery.

Linguistic guidelines are very helpful and cerebral reasoning does reveal truth to a small degree. However reality/God remains unidentified. Unknowable.

I love its holy mystery.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
All this talk and discussion about I AM or God Is....etc. Ultimately we are in the dark. We speculated and indicate...but God remains a mystery.

Linguistic guidelines are very helpful and cerebral reasoning does reveal truth to a small degree. However reality/God remains unidentified. Unknowable.

I love its holy mystery.

No mystery
Old 06-05-2019, 03:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
All this talk and discussion about I AM or God Is....etc. Ultimately we are in the dark. We speculated and indicate...but God remains a mystery. Linguistic guidelines are very helpful and cerebral reasoning does reveal truth to a small degree. However reality/God remains unidentified. Unknowable. I love its holy mystery.

ONLY to those who choose NOT to get to know him. I'm referring to first ,the God of Israel. who allowed the name Jehovah,(English from the Hebrew Yahweh). which is in EVERY BIBLE version, even if some REFUSE to acknowledge him. Jesus, those who believe, IS the "ALMIGHTY GOD." said that if we wanted life, we MUST get to know the ,get this!... the "ONLY TRUE GOD", as well as himself ,(John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent). NOTICE, Jesus included himself? so he wasn't saying he was that "TRUE GOD."

why would Jesus say this if "GOD" didn't want humans to know him? verses throughout the bible speaks of this "ONLY TRUE GOD." Jesus said this concerning humans and this "GOD", which is ALSO HIS GOD and Father ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven).

everything Jesus taught us, he got from his Father. it's his Father's words, (John 14:24 He that love me not keep not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me). the bible shows his Father's likes and dislikes. he hates violence ,(Psalm 11:5). he hates the ways of this world ,(James 4:4), if you're friends of it, then you're an enemy to God. Jesus said he and his was NOT part of this world ,(John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world).

Jehovah is a "GOD of LOVE" ,(1John 4:8). he doesn't want ANY of us to be destroyed. this is why he ask us to turn from our wicked ways ,(Ezek.18:23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? said the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live). so yes "GOD" does want us to get to know him. peace
Old 06-05-2019, 03:35 PM
Master
I'm 99% sure there's something other but what that is I don't know.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:54 PM
Master
The question is inevitable , between the success and the struggle
asking myself often the questions it seems i live for
how can i grasp the truth if i don't even know who i am ?
none of us can , however i will not lie to myself in that order
because i vow to overcome them all ...
Old 06-05-2019, 04:26 PM
Master
Self-knowledge is the key to the knowledge of Truth or God. And throughout the ages, all the great enlightened beings taught this.
“Know Thyself” – Socrates
“Examine yourself & understand who you are… Whoever does not know self, does not know anything. But, whoever knows self, has acquired the knowledge of the universe.” ~ Jesus, Book of Thomas (Gnostic Gospels)
“Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.” – Lao-Tzu
“This is true knowledge, to seek the Self…To seek anything else is ignorance.” – Bhagavad-Gita
“He who knows himself knows God.” – The prophet Muhammad
“The body is the temple of the gods within you. And therefore, it is said, “Man: know thyself.” – ~ Egyptian Proverb
“Jesus said, ‘When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you shall know that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty.'” – Gospel of Thomas
“Those who know and realize the Self are forever free.” – Katha Upanishad
“All the scriptures tell us one thing: Know Thyself. If you have known yourself, you have known everything else.” – Swami Satchidananda
Old 06-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Self-knowledge is the key to the knowledge of Truth or God. And throughout the ages, all the great enlightened beings taught this.
“Know Thyself” – Socrates
“Examine yourself & understand who you are… Whoever does not know self, does not know anything. But, whoever knows self, has acquired the knowledge of the universe.” ~ Jesus, Book of Thomas (Gnostic Gospels)
“Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.” – Lao-Tzu
“This is true knowledge, to seek the Self…To seek anything else is ignorance.” – Bhagavad-Gita
“He who knows himself knows God.” – The prophet Muhammad
“The body is the temple of the gods within you. And therefore, it is said, “Man: know thyself.” – ~ Egyptian Proverb
“Jesus said, ‘When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you shall know that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty.'” – Gospel of Thomas
“Those who know and realize the Self are forever free.” – Katha Upanishad
“All the scriptures tell us one thing: Know Thyself. If you have known yourself, you have known everything else.” – Swami Satchidananda

I love it !!!
Old 06-05-2019, 04:47 PM
ImthatIm

I enjoy THIS.

More will be revealed.

This allows me to have patience on a never ending journey, and to be open to more. To rest into that that I am and enjoy the ride.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Master

This is all very fine stuff, almost noble, not however very convincing.
The quoted linguistic guidelines could have been written by a monkey banging away on a typewriter - they have as much value.

Oscar Wilde said; Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived.

About this 'thing' we call God - it's about time we made a new start, we haven't got anywhere and we're not getting anywhere - just repeating the same old thing adding new words to the total confusion.

https://www.indy100.com/article/hist...at-all-7801396

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46tjUQatgI

Although I have personally no doubt that there is a force which has influenced my life I'm no longer prepared to wallow in the mud.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:

I love its holy mystery.

Agree fully.. Anyone claiming otherwise is joking around..

Humans aren't the center of the universe. A group of bipedal, talking mammals isn't going to unlock all the secrets of spirituality or know more than angels or other beings. I mean, lets be a bit more humble!! Only our human hubris likes to imagine that it is the privileged one. In truth, we are smaller than many teachings preach. If not, than who can tell my favourite colour? Who can tell which players will score in the CL final..? Yeah, thought not..