Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 13-12-2010, 05:40 PM
mahakali

I feel so connected to them as well, there so open and pure. i love them all equally we had many cats when i was growing up so i like them more, and i dont like roaches but i still do not kill them. i love ants and cows but gosh ya know i love them all soooooo much.

we must pray for our animal friends that they can evolve into a higher existence like humans. they are on there way with help from us it is possible. pray before you eat them that your guides will be there to help there spirits. or if you see one suffering or dieing or ran over say a prayer, it will help to liberate them.
Old 13-12-2010, 05:43 PM
mahakali

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZqZ...ayer_embedded#!

this is a funny vid of a kitten riding a turtle!
Old 13-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I too am an animal person. They seem to know I "see" them! Almost without exception they make eye contact with me and we establish a connection that is authentic and loving. It's been this way for me all my life. My husband used to laugh because we'd be walking across a parking lot to our car after shopping and in mid-sentence he'd suddenly realize I wsa no longer walking beside him. He'd glance back to find I'd stopped to engage in conversation and exchange of affection with dogs in peoples' cars or the back of pickups, LOL!!! I cannot help myself... I love all animals and dogs in particular call to my very soul. Let's face it.. I can't resist a furry face

I love this post! Thanks for sharing LFH
Old 13-12-2010, 06:00 PM
eraser

I'm fond of all animals but feel a special bond with birds.
Old 13-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Yes. I know the nature of bats on a deeper level than any person in my life.

I'm specifically bonded to large fruit and nectar feeders (Flying foxes) but am getting to know smaller insectivores.

I understand other animals (like crows and spiders) in a way that is intimate, but nothing at all like the bond I have with bats.

Though I can't find any animal that I am specifically uncomfortable with, I find that large livestock like horses, cattle and often deer are very edgy and panicked around me, more so than most people can understand or explain.

Domestic rabbits are also terrified of me and scream, thump the ground aggressively or flee whenever they catch a scent or sight of me.

Seems to me that I connect well to predatory animals than any kind of herbivorous prey.
Sangress I read your post and automatically thought of Batman...

Why are the animals afraid?

I know that cats often have a repulsive nature towards me. I tried to pet my friend's cat in the past and they use try to scratch me. I wonder if it's because they sensed my fear of them.
Old 13-12-2010, 07:57 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maetori
yes, all animals...as a child I felt much more connected to animals than to people (I thought our dog understood me better than my parents did).

cats always seemed to be attracted to me and vice versa.

cows: when we lived on the countryside the cows there all seemed freightened when humans approached, but I could calm them and stroke them, when I went away they kept following me...before that I always liked cows, but the same as other animals I think

insects like flies, wasps, bees...: I used to 'rescue' them from our pool and when they couldn't find a way out of our kitchen I let them sit on my hand and put them outside, also find them very interesting to observe!

birds: especially crows and pigeons, don't know why lol

lol that's so cute! I tried to (and almost did) catch a pigeon once as a kid. I just wanted it to "talk" to me. lol
Old 13-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
I too am an animal person. They seem to know I "see" them! Almost without exception they make eye contact with me and we establish a connection that is authentic and loving. It's been this way for me all my life. My husband used to laugh because we'd be walking across a parking lot to our car after shopping and in mid-sentence he'd suddenly realize I wsa no longer walking beside him. He'd glance back to find I'd stopped to engage in conversation and exchange of affection with dogs in peoples' cars or the back of pickups, LOL!!! I cannot help myself... I love all animals and dogs in particular call to my very soul. Let's face it.. I can't resist a furry face

Light I'm afraid to stop and pet animals I see with their owner. I often feel tempted to but I exercise so much self-restraint with these things. But if I didn't...I'd be running around with them all day. lol I LOVE dogs. Especially shelties and siberian huskies...furry faces get me all.the.time. lol
Old 13-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Sangress

Quote:
Sangress I read your post and automatically thought of Batman...

Why are the animals afraid?

I know that cats often have a repulsive nature towards me. I tried to pet my friend's cat in the past and they use try to scratch me. I wonder if it's because they sensed my fear of them.

Batman, ner ner ner ner, ner ner ner ner, batman! *flutters cape dramatically and falls off the side of a building* :P

Not sure why they are afraid....maybe I smell bad? lol.

One things for sure, I certainly don't fear them because that would make them freak out even more.

I try to be as calm as possible around animals who are more than prone to be edgy, fearful and skittish around me...don't know if it helps the situation, but i like to think it does.

Quote:
lol that's so cute! I tried to (and almost did) catch a pigeon once as a kid. I just wanted it to "talk" to me. lol

Aww. I used to do that with the large lizards (Water Dragons) in my area. I remember that as a child I used to talk to them and give them food, then sling them across my shoulders (they were large enough to cover both shoulders) and go show my mother.

Apparently I brought a snake in instead one day. A nice poisonous red belly black snake too. My mother said I called it "Hissy" and wanted to keep it in the backyard because someone ran over its tail in their car.

I'm not even going to bother asking whether that's "normal" behavior. Heh.
Old 27-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Jeleya

I have to say I love all animals (I love the ant story that is so cool) ... but I have a special connection with cats. I just LOVE them. I have one myself - and she is such a special little cat. When I get home she makes a cute little sound and runs to me.

I understand the person who is a bit fearful of cats though ... because I am the same with dogs. Even though I think they're fabulous and if they are with their owner and I'm at their house already and am safe, I give them big hugs and loads of attention... but walking past a gate with a barking dog... or seeing a dog off a leash... really scares me. Especially big dogs. Cats though - I love them and they love me :)
Old 27-12-2010, 05:53 AM
Jeleya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
My mother said I called it "Hissy"

OMG. Love this. Hissy is the coolest name hahaha. I once had a fish and named it Swimmy. haha