Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 13-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Master
Sleep Paralysis

I completely understand 'sleep paralysis' and all the scientific explanations that go along with it. I have experienced sleep paralysis for many years, but what I don't understand is if when I feel paralyzed and can't move, why something frightening even demonic appears every time. Why when the bed sheets are being wrapped around my wrists and something is holding my mouth shut can't it ever be a beautiful image, guiding light, feeling of serenity during the paralysis? After all, someone or something has got my attention, why scare me? I am tired of trying to reach for the bed stand light only to find my heart pounding in my chest when I can finally get released and turn it on. Yeah again I know all the explanations about certain parts of the brain working while other parts are somewhat asleep, thus the hallucinations. I'd like to hallucinate and experience something comforting for a change. I'm just not buying all the theories, just some of them.

Blackraven
Old 13-09-2013, 05:35 PM
comforting

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
I completely understand 'sleep paralysis' and all the scientific explanations that go along with it. I have experienced sleep paralysis for many years, but what I don't understand is if when I feel paralyzed and can't move, why something frightening even demonic appears every time. Why when the bed sheets are being wrapped around my wrists and something is holding my mouth shut can't it ever be a beautiful image, guiding light, feeling of serenity during the paralysis? After all, someone or something has got my attention, why scare me? I am tired of trying to reach for the bed stand light only to find my heart pounding in my chest when I can finally get released and turn it on. Yeah again I know all the explanations about certain parts of the brain working while other parts are somewhat asleep, thus the hallucinations. I'd like to hallucinate and experience something comforting for a change. I'm just not buying all the theories, just some of them.

Blackraven

Its exactly the same for me ive been into sleeps clinics they found nothing wrong I personally don't believe its a medical problem, I always sleep with my bedroom light on even tho I don't fear these things the same anymore
Im attacked everytime I have sleep paralysis , im bitten by a panther like creature (or what appears to be) , ive been pulled around my bed , held down , punched , screamed at , growled at , u name it its happened
Now the fear has gone as it has become normal for me , so why shouldn't I be experience some of the nicer things , if im not in a state of panic ...
Old 13-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Guide
Sleep Paralysis

I totally agree! I don`t think it is a medical condition either. I started to suffer from it in 2011 when my awakening started for months i thought i was dreaming, but as time went on and as i grew spiritually it became more real and it wasnt until i had it one night and i felt like hands were on my face pushing me down and i frantically tried to get out the bed and i couldnt so i got more frantic and the next thing i was out my body that i realised something wasnt right here and i began to search and found sleep paralysis. I went to the doc and he couldnt help me as he knew nothing about it. At times it is so frightning im afraid to open my eyes although i have not saw anything apart from black mist beside me but i hear voices, felt an evil presence, felt hands on me blowing in my ear. The thing is although they say you cant move your mouth to speak i always shout jesus christ and i can hear myself shouting it and the minute i do it stops then before i go back to sleep i say out loud jesus christ 7 times and it never happens again. Thats what works for me anyway. I was checked out by the doc thru my awakening for everything and it always came back that i was healthy so i dont think it is medical.
Old 13-09-2013, 08:24 PM
Master
samantha and comforting - You both understand exactly what I'm talking about.

comforting - Yes I too have been flipped around the bed, choked, sat on, arms and legs restrained, smothered and have heard a deep voice speaking to me. I too sleep with a very tiny night light on just enough light so I can dimly see around the room as without it, it's jet black where I live and the sleep paralysis seems to pick up in the dark.

samantha - If it is indeed not medical how can science just smack 'sleep paralysis' on everyone's experience like this? It bothers me, but I know what I experience and for me it feels like there is an entity in the house. I won't go into demonic explanations, because I have none, but I find it hard to believe my mind is doing this to me. I try to utter 'Jesus Christ' as well when I'm able to. Why would someone who lives in a peaceful state of mind go to bed and experience such horror? Thanks for your replies samantha and comforting.

Blackraven
Old 13-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Guide
Cool Sleep Paralysis

Blackraven i dont no if you saw my post, i think i put it in astral projection last wk. I woke in sp and i was trying to get out of it first by moving my pinkys but didint work then i felt an arm cuddle my waist then someone blowing in my ear and i couldnt move and it wouldnt stop blowing my lug, i was terrified. I have never saw a figure just the mist but a few times i have sensed an evil presence and got a picture of it in my mind and its really weird like half human half something else with some weird hat or head wear and its small well im 5 ft and its maybe a head smaller than me. I have tried to look it up but nothing. I sleep with an amethyst crystal under my pillow and i dont get sleep parallysis.
Old 14-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Mazulu

When I was about 11 years old, back in the late 70's, my mom and her friend were communicating (via seance) with these black cloaked entities. These particular entities were relatively benevolent. My mom had experienced them as sleep paralysis experiences many times during her life. Now, I was a skeptical kid and I thought my mom was a bit nuts. Until that night, that dark rainy night (I'm serious, it happened this way). I woked up in the middle of the night. I saw this black cloaked/hooded figure with a black velvety mask standing about 10 feet away from me. I was terrified and exhilarated. I then felt the fear drain out of me, but then I couldn't move. It was the most remarkable experience of my life time to see witness this paranormal entity visiting me. It didn't do anything, it just stood near the door. I got the feeling it was standing guard over me (there is some background story).

Anyway, it was a very positive experience for me. It was just exhillarating and mind blowingly awesome. It was a real experience, it really happened. It was not a dream. It was not a hallucination. It really happened.
Old 14-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
When I was about 11 years old, back in the late 70's, my mom and her friend were communicating (via seance) with these black cloaked entities. These particular entities were relatively benevolent. My mom had experienced them as sleep paralysis experiences many times during her life. Now, I was a skeptical kid and I thought my mom was a bit nuts. Until that night, that dark rainy night (I'm serious, it happened this way). I woked up in the middle of the night. I saw this black cloaked/hooded figure with a black velvety mask standing about 10 feet away from me. I was terrified and exhilarated. I then felt the fear drain out of me, but then I couldn't move. It was the most remarkable experience of my life time to see witness this paranormal entity visiting me. It didn't do anything, it just stood near the door. I got the feeling it was standing guard over me (there is some background story).

Anyway, it was a very positive experience for me. It was just exhillarating and mind blowingly awesome. It was a real experience, it really happened. It was not a dream. It was not a hallucination. It really happened.

Mazulu - I had an experience once with a very tall man with face paint on that appeared at my bed side 4 nights in a row. I was frightened and yet interested in this being. I thought it may have been some sort of a guide, but when my bed lifted off the floor during this visitation, I felt it was something that was there to scare me, which then mad me less intrigued, but horrified. Thank you for sharing your experience. I believe it really happened and was not a hallucination.

Blackraven
Old 14-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Estephan

Divine love is always within us, when things get out of hand.. Search within and get comfort from the divine unconditional love and know that you are never alone. Don't let fear get the best of you, don't let fear get bottled down deep inside of you but instead confront the fear with the help of the divine unconditional love that every one of us have, inside of us.

On another side note, I had these experiences too. I've learned that it's better to not feed these thoughts, hearings or sights with fear or other negative feelings. Instead, observe it without fear and be strong within yourself and nothing bad will come to you because you are that guiding white light if you want yourself to be it and other negative entities knows this fact & they fear you because of this & they will use every trick they know.

Don't take my words for the whole truth, this is just my own experience, just feel for yourself and you shall find your own answers & truths.

BE STRONG &
Take care, friends!
Old 14-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estephan
Divine love is always within us, when things get out of hand.. Search within and get comfort from the divine unconditional love and know that you are never alone. Don't let fear get the best of you, don't let fear get bottled down deep inside of you but instead confront the fear with the help of the divine unconditional love that every one of us have, inside of us.

On another side note, I had these experiences too. I've learned that it's better to not feed these thoughts, hearings or sights with fear or other negative feelings. Instead, observe it without fear and be strong within yourself and nothing bad will come to you because you are that guiding white light if you want yourself to be it and other negative entities knows this fact & they fear you because of this & they will use every trick they know.

Don't take my words for the whole truth, this is just my own experience, just feel for yourself and you shall find your own answers & truths.

BE STRONG &
Take care, friends!

Estephan - It's always a good thing when we can draw on our own 'inner light'. I appreciate your positiveness with this subject. I will say this much, it has always been times of depleted energy on my part that brings sleep paralysis to me more frequently. When I am not stressed and life is flowing along easy like a river, I experience less.

Blackraven
Old 20-09-2013, 04:03 PM
Seeker
It is normal for the spirit to leave the body and visit the spiritual world during sleep. The body can maintain itself with its own systems while we are away. There is a need to visit the spiritual world in order to "recharge our batteries" for life in the physical. We may have dreams of falling with a sinking feeling in the stomach when returning after a visit. If we should awake before our spirit is fully connected with the body we will experience sleep paralysis. This paralysis will remain for a few seconds while the spirit is connecting. Some people feel confused for a few seconds and wonder where they are at during this time. But after the few seconds all systems return to normal. There is nothing to fear during this time. I would suggest putting a circle of white light around your body as you go to sleep in order to keep errant spirits at bay. They cannot hurt you but can be scary.

I learned this from a higher spirit and you may believe or disbelieve as you wish.