Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Knower

Question Are Bad Things That Happen to Us Are for Our Good?

I recently watched YouTube video from Teal Swan where she talked about misconception of the law of attraction. How we feel down when something we expect does not happen or even gets worse. She explains this that we get what we expect when we first experience the opposite. If we want good, we experience bad to understand how good feels and vice versa. That's law of attraction working opposite which is karma. Looks like this is something that people don't understand too.

It's all being directed to manifest in our life by our higher-self who is we. We are avatars of our true-self and we are directing our avatar in a direction to exprience what we decided to exprience before incarnating here. So in order to learn what is good, we need to learn what is bad. In bad we need to be aware that to learn we need to stay optimistic, understanding that it's another problem we must overcome like we solved those problems in school. We had to in order to move forward and ascend to higher grade.

I heard stories of rags to riches. When people turned from needy and homeless into their greatest and attained mental and physical wealth. Does that mean their higher-self chose this path for them and they had to fall to the abyss in order climb up while appreciating and feeling great for small things in their journey to understand the ultimate purpose they were meant to experience? This happens with artists, musicians, entrepreneurs, sportsmen and others. However not everyone is capable of reaching the end of the tunnel so they give up and some end up badly. I wonder how Teal Swan's theory holds up here. Do they succeed in their next life? I don't know if this process can extend beyond one life.

What are your thoughts? I think this is interesting idea. I think we only know part and when compared to vast we don't know anything.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Master
Hi Technic,
Who really knows what the truth is, in my understanding (which may well be wrong) we are at the will of the karma we have created, blown here and there. Sometimes the divine intervenes and helps those experiences to develop us directly. But until we gte our intent and actions under our control, until we are operating under the golden rule, then we will always be like a piece of hay blown around by what seem to be random winds, but are in fact exact karmic payment from several lives manifesting when it is appropriate for karma. The law of karma for instance, doesnt state that we will get negative things first to prepare us for the good ones, now it may be that teal swan knows more than I do or has access to karmic knowledge as yet unknown, but classically that statement is not true.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:19 PM
Angel1

I have been shown...in shocking clarity...similar to what can be revealed
in an NDE...that every...single...event in our lives is like
clock work....ALL for one reason, (the good, the bad, and the ugly)...
to bring us
to this very moment right now...and closer to whatever one calls it:
'Self-realization, God-realization'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-12-2016, 03:03 PM
Master

Interesting way of looking at it.

But I don't think because we don't become a success (rags to riches theory) that we have failed. That's to black and white for me.

But I definitely believe we need to experience the bad in order to appreciate the good.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:09 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Are Bad Things That Happen to Us Are for Our Good?

Neither good or bad I suppose. Fate is a bit of a mystery. What we do with our circumstances, the way we respond to life challenges, is were we learn to triumph( whatever triumphing means to the individual). The mind tends to want to create stories with narratives; hurt, lost, rejection, the end goal. Are they good or bad, or just teaching moments of self awareness, to get sculpt us down to our very true nature.

LOA is interesting to me in theory, however, life is life and it goes on. I can't calculate every min of it, what I do know for myself is that being balanced is imperative to keep a peaceful state of mind. It offers stability and wholeness in all aspects of life, it's all I can ask for right now. I can only hope external influences take responsibility for their own energy...
Old 07-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Deactivated Account

I think that shiz just happens, and we can turn them into lessons with positive attitude.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:27 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelwen
I think that shiz just happens, and we can turn them into lessons with positive attitude.

Yes, .... perspective ....

If a person deems an experience bad & a waste of time, nothing is gained ...
By changing one's perspective - looking for the good in every experience, something is learned
Old 09-12-2016, 04:27 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelwen

By changing one's perspective - looking for the good in every experience, something is learned
Old 09-12-2016, 04:45 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really!

I agree.
And have experienced that even if it took decades to see it!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-12-2016, 04:53 AM
Guide
I'm with Really! (lol), it's all about perspective and taking something from it. It's not 'bad' in the terms that it should never happen, there's good and bad, ups and downs, left and right, that's just life. Neutral teaches nothing, gives no challenges or happiness. Each experience teaches something new to you, and each choice guides you in all your future decisions :)