Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-08-2015, 04:59 AM
Knower
Views on Death

I feel as though people only look at the physical side of death and don't even look at the timeless and universal aspects of a person. Yes, this person is physically not alive in human form anymore, but where could they really have gone?

Everything in the universe is a whole. All of this matter is one. We experience life together and die together. The essence of me is the essence of you. I am no more significant than you, as he is no more significant than she. On the deepest level.

I feel as though...we fool ourselves into thinking death is such a harsh punishment...at least that's the Christian of view. And so we look forward to this so called afterlife, where we can live in peace forever...
Old 16-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Master
I see the mortal body as a costume we wear until it wears out, and us as eternal energy spirits which exists eternally, coming in and out of various costumes.
So that's one person you don't have to worry being fooled by death :)
Old 16-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Deactivated Account
"A man's spiritual comprehension being clouded by the illusions of self, he says, "I was born on such a day, so many years ago, and shall die at my allotted time." But he was not born, neither will he die, for how can that which is immortal, which eternally is, be subject to birth and death? Let a man throw off his illusions, and then he will see that birth and death of the body are the mere incidents of a journey, and not its beginning and end." ~ James Allen
Old 16-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Master

http://kris10846902.tripod.com/id12.html
Old 17-08-2015, 07:07 AM
Master
I get the feeling that some choose to believe in heaven or reincarnation because they can't accept death. So they choose to believe in some after life or an extension to their existence. Like when i go to a family funeral, they tell me this person is at a better place and they'll reunite in some kingdom of heaven. Or that their spirit is watching over us, as if they can't accept that the person is dead, gone, the end. To me, once your dead there is no after.
Old 17-08-2015, 08:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I get the feeling that some choose to believe in heaven or reincarnation because they can't accept death. So they choose to believe in some after life or an extension to their existence. Like when i go to a family funeral, they tell me this person is at a better place and they'll reunite in some kingdom of heaven. Or that their spirit is watching over us, as if they can't accept that the person is dead, gone, the end. To me, once your dead there is no after.

Hi Ocean :) May I ask, what you believe happens to the consciousness of a person once they die?
Just curious :)

Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 17-08-2015, 10:19 AM
Ascender
Death is part of nature.
Old 17-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze

I think any serious consideration to the thought that there is non-existence after 'death' warrants equal contemplation of why anything exists at all....
Old 17-08-2015, 09:25 PM
Administrator
We all come from spirit and we all go back to spirit there is no death only eternal life.

Namaste
Old 17-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi Ocean :) May I ask, what you believe happens to the consciousness of a person once they die?
Just curious :)

It dies with you. To me, consciousness can't exist without a brain and the brain can not exist without a body.

Quote:
I think any serious consideration to the thought that there is non-existence after 'death' warrants equal contemplation of why anything exists at all

I don't concern myself with why anything exists. What matters is that i exist. Right now this moment i am existing. What i do concern myself with however is, how to make the best use of my time while i still exist.