Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder
To reincarnate the spirit has to wait until the passing of the 3rd generation after them. There have been a couple of exceptions to this rule- but generally it applies.

I mean absolutely no offence towards you pathfinder, nothing personal at all. I ask this with the deepest sincerity because i see answers like this all the time on this website and all I can say is how do you know?

How does anyone know anything about anything? I think we can believe we know, but that is a belief, and if we talk to a guru about what happens we are putting ourselves in an awkward position because we just have to take their word ( or leave it ) and that's that until we are enlightened/come to that realisation ourselves. Everything else is just a theory or hypothesis.

Sorry for going totally off topic :L
Old 30-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
Linen, your "life between life" memory is the way I understand this to work. The child appears to choose the parent, although the parent has to agree. Fascinating. Thank you for sharing!

I recently started learning about a child choosing the parent. makes sense though. Me and my dad were talking about how my little sister use to talk about her past life and how she died. He then shared with me when he was about 8yrs old out of no where he remembered standing in a room of some sorts with all these holes in the floor. he said he walked over to one of the holes and looked down and seen this family and shook his head and said "nope" and walked over to another hole and looked down through the hole and again said "nope" until he came across one and he seen my grandmother and grandfather in the kitchen cooking and talking and what not. he said he remembers picking them. he even recalls the shoes he wore while picking his family.
Old 30-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Experiencer

That is awesome, Tabytha, even down to the fact that he was wearing shoes in the "inbetween"! It's stories like this that some kind of true consensus of what happens will come.

I agree, Mystical Shaman. I don't believe there are hard and fast "facts" about what happens in spiritual matters. We have what we "feel" and wonderful stories from people like Tabytha, and Linen. I can study, I can meditate, but I can't "know" this side of Summerland.
Old 30-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
I have always puzzled over why some remember. I know people who have many more spontaneous memories than I do. It seems to me that a kind of "awakening" may be going on, with some greater purpose. I would guess every poster on this site is involved in some kind of "awakening". It's difficult to judge, because in the past, people didn't feel free to discuss their past life memories. Even in the 70's, it was a pretty taboo subject. More and more people are either "aware", or have belief. I agree, Tahla - we should be able to choose if we remember. Who knows? Maybe we do!

onetruebeliever, I think those are your future children, either in this life or the next. That is so cool! My oldest daughter remembers "selecting" her father and me, in the time between lives. Blessings to you, and your future little ones.

Not this life. I did find out that their mother was the 2nd or 3rd cousin of my Dad's mother. I even met with their father for a brief time. The kids both died of typhoid fever. The girl was 15 and she died in Ireland in 1849. The family then migrated to New York, then South Carolina and the boy died in 1850. Both years had typhoid outbreaks. I was able to trace back as far my great grandparents, but the Irish records have been mostly destroyed. I do know they lived in Kilkenney, Ireland. So, I don't know that the kids will be mine in the future so much as I am the reincarnated spirit of their mother. But the space-time continuum is probably at play here. It is so very confusing.
Old 31-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Pathfinder

testing

testing to see if I may post
Old 31-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Knower
Is it possible that the afterlife or in between has the same basis. but we all view it differently when we are there or remember it? or do you think there are also different tiers or realms to it also?
Old 31-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Pathfinder

Smile Animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabaker
yes this so confusing but you all make a lot of since. is it true that you can come back to earth in other forms. like aminals

I am new at this awareness of being reborn, but I DO NOT desire to return as an animal.....I don't see how our calling or gifts can help mankind being an animal.

Tavah
Old 31-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Pathfinder

How Do We Know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalShaman
I mean absolutely no offence towards you pathfinder, nothing personal at all. I ask this with the deepest sincerity because i see answers like this all the time on this website and all I can say is how do you know?

How does anyone know anything about anything? I think we can believe we know, but that is a belief, and if we talk to a guru about what happens we are putting ourselves in an awkward position because we just have to take their word ( or leave it ) and that's that until we are enlightened/come to that realisation ourselves. Everything else is just a theory or hypothesis.

Sorry for going totally off topic :L

I would think this is exactly why we must learn to listen to our inner voice......we must learn to trust our intuition until we know that we know.

Oh for a higher level of awareness, may it be so.

Tavah

Last edited by Tavah : 31-05-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 31-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavah
I am new at this awareness of being reborn, but I DO NOT desire to return as an animal.....I don't see how our calling or gifts can help mankind being an animal.

Tavah

I have heard different views/theories/beliefs on coming back as an animal.
-those who have not completed their higher beings mission or goals come back as an animal
-those who have done serious evil things on earth come back as an animal. however I have also heard that the evil spirits come back to live a miserable life. like in a 3rd world country or something

However when we are on the otherside and we choose our next life, would we not be able to then "choose" our next life? or would it just be given to us as a punishment?
Old 31-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Seeker

I have always wanted to know that to Tavah.