Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-09-2016, 02:27 AM
Newbie ;)

Color Journey of Souls by Michael Newton

Hi everyone!

So I was wondering whether anyone has read Journey of Souls or Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton.

If you haven't heard of either of these books, here's the basic premise: Michael Newton is a skilled hypnotherapist who one day stumbled upon a state of "superconscious trance" that he could put his patients in where they can recall their "life in between lives". In the life between lives, people are able to remember all of their past lives and recall the reasons for choosing them, study and play in a group setting with their primary soul group and guide, visit many spiritual settings such as the area of restoration, the library of life books, and the life selection room, and much more. The book also gets into levels of soul development, moral issues for souls incarnating on earth, and other planet incarnations.

Dr. Newton has put thousands of people into this state of trance and their responses have all been strikingly similar. These books have had such an intuitive resonance for me, it felt almost as though I was revisiting a beloved childhood sanctuary after many years of being away from it.

If anyone has read either of these books, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them! What do you think your eternal soul is like? Have you met your soulmate or think you know what you guide is like? What is your area of specialty as a soul (e.g. training to be a guide, working in the spiritual nursery, assisting with creation of plant life, etc.)? Or how has this book impacted your life/changed how you think about death and purpose?

If you haven't read them, I wholeheartedly recommend that you do. When it comes to metaphysical investigation, Dr. Newton really gets to the core of the issues, leaving no stones unturned. These books are a compilation of many years of his research.
Someday, when I have the money for it, I'm going to get hypnotized by a certified life-between-lives practitioner and find things out for myself! Should be a really interesting experience.
Old 15-09-2016, 04:59 AM
Experiencer

Past Lives and Hypno Regression
Spirit Guide Sparrow

"Firstly, it is premature presumption from analytical conclusion that 6 billion human beings are supposedly tied to the Earth and limited to repetitious rebirthing of one species. This is, how to say, an urban myth. It is a conclusion understandably brought about from the vantage point of a narrow dynamic, or collection of interpreted information, which continues to lack key ingredient nodes of perspective within further avenues of understanding, which have not been taken into serious scientific study.

Said differently, those who have presented these apparent states of truth, whether they come in the form of books, videos or from self-proclaimed spiritual professionals, have as yet not studied their belief systems from any other vantage points of consciousness, and take their findings at face value. What tends to happen, my friend, is that an individual will read and study the beliefs of others, perhaps through books or other such media vehicles, and then actually set out to prove that information correct in their own eyes by attempting to recreate that other persons experience. So, for example, having been taught that one can seek out the services of a hypnotherapist and conveniently tap into all these supposed past life memories, what they then get back in the form of experience must therefore immediately be a past life memory, because someone with a PHD says it is.

Being able to deliver another human beings past life memories I am sure does look very good on a résumé.

The state of the matter is, cellular memory and consciousness memory do not simply unravel neatly under the convenience of a crude consciousness interface as hypnotherapy of present day. With their current level of understanding of what practitioners are opening doors to, it is the equivalent of doing heart surgery with a garden shovel. What comes back through such doors they open they willfully presume to be precisely what aligns best to their inherent belief systems, as it has been for thousands of years in human history. So what you have are these many past life memories on Earth, in human form, because you cannot at present grasp any other level of understanding of what these experiences are, and where they are coming from. It is enough to say, you are happy to accept these experiences as past lives, whether they be within hypnosis, meditation or through an intuitive energy reader, because they fulfil a deep seated need that you have to connect with your higher Self. Furthermore, anyone thereafter who tries to tell you differently will perhaps trigger a defensive response, as you try to protect this deep connection you believe you have found. After all, who is someone else to try to change your beliefs about who you are?

The version of how it is that I am going to present to you is somewhat different.

Your spirit existed many millions of years before the planet Earth even existed. As such your spirit had an identity and persona of soul prior to you ever having an interest in planet Earth, or this particular universe. Your spirit has no ties whatsoever to the physical state of human be-ing, for it never manifests in physical density. That is why you have an etheric cord attached to your solar plexus. You are like a cosmic space traveler of consciousness, and the human body is your space suit. This space suit allows you to interact within physical density and the environment of Earth. Your etheric cord acts as a life line, if you like, that connects you to your mother ship, a bit like an internet cable. The moment your spirit detaches this etheric cord from its physical counterpart, that is it, it no longer has any ties with the physical world, except those that are held within cellular and consciousness memory.

There is never any need to return to Earth or in fact the physical plane of existence again, unless you so wish. Those that preach that the sentient being behind the physical form has to keep incarnating back into this challenging species simply do not understand what takes place in the spirit world. They are so caught up in personifying the Earth as the only school for a sentient spirit that they do not even comprehend the extent or nature of learning and growth in the spirit world. They simply do not understand that this physical universe is merely one miniscule classroom in a kindergarten, next to millions of other schools, colleges and universities in existence for your spirit journey.

The conclusion that your infinite consciousness is somehow limited or boxed into repetitious cycles of rebirthing upon a small water planet works only to make you feel worth-less. Compare both vantage points and feel which one resonates a higher universal truth.

It is for me now to explain a little bit about the memories you interpret as past lives. For it is, if I am going to say something is not as it seems, I had better explain why and how. Though I have explained this point before, I will touch upon it again briefly.

When you connect with your beautiful consciousness, whether it be through hypnosis, meditation or through a medium who interprets images and sensations, you must be made aware of what it is you are actually connecting to. In the case of many mediums, many a time it is observed that the intention of contact will attract many different souls to that proximity. What will tend to happen is that all souls will want to talk to that medium and have their voice heard, as it is a very exciting opportunity for them. However, this ultimately ends up with the medium, or energy reader, receiving information from multiple sources. Because of the way consciousness works in the spirit world, thoughts merge and pool together and can often be mistaken for a singular voice or singular entity, certainly to the human practitioner.

So what is observed, unawares to the reader, is that he or she is actually picking up on the energy connections of many different beings at once, who are all telling them about their past life. Or it simply may be, in order for that etheric being to present its consciousness persona, its identity in order to relate to the human subject, it will alter its energy vibration to resonate cellular memory to the one connecting to the spirit world. Cellular memory is what the being used to look like and the memories that were associated with that physical journey.

Similarly can other misunderstandings arise, also in the case with hypnosis and meditation, where you are reaching out to the spirit world. Some beings, sensitive to your proximity, will sense your desire to connect to the spirit world and will attempt to connect with you, resulting in them imparting thoughts and images into your mind. If it is a spirit guide perhaps, who wants to share their past human identity with you, in order for you to relate to them mentally, they may present to you past life images and experiences which they deem helpful to you.

At other times, when your intention and focus is so well delivered, you will make the connection to your spirit. Or rather, to your core source energy vibration – your soul group. When you connect with your higher Self in this way, what you are actually doing is connecting with a specific consciousness signature which you and those of your soul group represent. You are tuning into a specific radio station. Your station. Because you share that specific station will thousands, or millions of other beings, you will be more receptive to their thoughts and energies than anyone else’s. Because this frequency, if you like, is so familiar to you, being of your own energy, you will often merge with the consciousness memories of those of your soul group, simply because you love one another so profoundly that you are inexplicably linked. You are then, inadvertently perhaps, picking up on all the other information and thought signals of every other being on that station. You, as a human being, as human beings like to do, you then place ownership onto your thoughts and call them your own. That thought, that image, that idea and that past life was mine, you say. It was mine, you say, because it was in my mind, nobody else’s. Yet you are not your thoughts. Thoughts come from many sources; do not presume all thoughts originate from and belong to you.

Why do you not recall memories of other worlds, other places? Simply because your logical human mind has no tangible source of reference to identify a connection. It cannot recollect that which it has no physical, sensual or present-moment experiential association with. Your human brain needs a point of reference to connect to in order to trigger consciousness memory of other origins. Your human mind has been programmed into a human persona to such degree that it only connects intuitively to that which it sees, hears, smells, tastes and touches, or that which comes through the human mind filter.

Who you were in a past life is not who you are anymore. Who you once were was a completely different persona, a different garment of attributes, which were forged together by the circumstances of that lifestyle and quality of life at that time. A human life is not a very good or accurate representation of your True Self as it is in spirit state, for the great many influences of this physical domain tend to cloud the real picture. Knowing who you once were or what you once did in another life would at best reveal the values you held during that time period by the actions you took. Often times when looking at the past, human beings often undertook roles and deeds necessary to survive and provide for their family. This was the main focus and aspiration for their lives. Glancing back upon these past scenes would reveal very little of your spiritual nature in fact, but more so of the personality traits associated with the persona you had become at that time.

For example, just because a human being was a murderer in a past life, does not mean to say in the spirit world they are not divinely blessed and of great spiritual character. It would simply be that the circumstances of physical state and survival instinct which often dominates human behaviour drove that individual to commit desperate acts of violence as a means to cope with their life, and the heavy burdens and difficulties which come with it. Yet, in the spirit world, where such difficulties essentially cease to exist, that individuals True Self is reawakened to its former grace.

The message is, the information you retrieve back from a past life will often create far more questions than provide answers. It may also re-open wounds which have since healed, or are in the process of healing. Some therapist will tell you that the answers to healing your present circumstances lie in confronting your deep dark painful past. This is not necessarily true for it only opens doors which are best left closed. This is not to say everyone has a gruesome violent past, though moral values were significantly different in times past.

Memories of past lives are most often carried forward with the consciousness of a being, if they are of a specific vibration, when they are born. This is to say they will bring these memories with them. It is far more difficult to access such memories as a fully grown adult who did not come into this life with them. But this capacity is not barred from you either. Memories are contained and transferred through layers of vibration. As your vibration increases, your cellular memory also expands, so too your capacity to receive information of spherical language and format. I spoke of this previously. The more light you are able to create and hold, the more information you can access and process as a being. Sometimes random images, scenes and sensations which seem out of place and sheer fantasy will appear in your mind, at such times do not dismiss them so quickly as these will often be forms of memory retrieval. These are sometimes triggered by touch, smell, taste, sound and powerful images, or at times when you are doing the dishes or other casual states.

If at all such knowledge comes into your possession, it is best used to understand the complexities of the human condition and what mistakes are not to be repeated. Such knowledge is best used to comprehend the nature of the species as a whole, and what is best for its future, and what is not. For it is, humans have walked the Earth for 5 million years, and three times have they met with near complete extinction.

I hope this information has been helpful."
Old 15-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Master
Quite interesting!
Old 15-09-2016, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator
AnotherBob,

I am not clear on whether or not you have read the books. The books actually have less to do about past lives and more to do about life between lives. Dr. Newton was doing hypnotherapy on troubled individuals to try to uncover issues from their past. Not past lives but just childhood trauma that may have been buried and forgotten but in the process he managed to start to get patients recalling not just past lives but prebirth experience all a little different but with striking similarities that he started to paint a picture of the afterlife, which is what the books are really about. Of course it is only conjecture. It could be purely his own ideas imprinting on his patients. None of it can truly be proven the same as none of what you say can be proven as well. So it really comes down to what resonates with us.

For me I don't believe in a linear past. Just because I may have had a past life doesn't mean it was in the past time wise in human existence. Time is a man made concept and there are theories that it doesn't exist in the afterlife or that it is all happening at once so we can theoretically have a past life in some future date. Or better said, we can have multiple lives going on at the same time some in the past and some in the future. Or maybe some of us just lived once and had enough. The idea is that nothing is forced upon us. We all choose and agree to our lives and what happens in them in the prebirth planning. Which is what the book is more about then about actual past lives. But the point is that anything to do with the afterlife and past lives is really just conjecture because there is no way to prove any of it but Dr. Newton's books had some interesting theories on what we experience when we don't have a body. It's definitely a thought provoking read if you wanted to check them out.
Old 15-09-2016, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
Ailcat,

I read the books and they resonated with me too. Though I read them over 10 years ago so some of the detail is a bit fuzzy to me but I had the same impression that it seemed interesting that his patients, who didn't know each other, expressed some similarities in their hypnosis about their life between lives. I can't really say what I would be in training for though I see myself as more a cheerleader as opposed to the player so to speak, a coach as opposed to athlete so maybe a guide but this life has been about resolving some of my own issues so not sure I am using this life to train so to speak. But I found a kindred spirit so to speak to share my life with. I felt like I had met my soulmate in HS but it didn't work out but the man I am with now felt like home so very likely from the same soul group. He is a competitor so possibly my purpose lies in game play of some sort. Well anyways I did enjoy the books.

I also read another book that may be of interest to you also along the lines of hypnosis into prelife planning. Your Soul's Plan by Robert Schwartz. I didn't necessarily agree with all of the author's viewpoints on life, I didn't necessarily with Newton either, but it was an interesting take on why some soul's plan difficult traumatic lives. Though I did a reading with one of the readers highlighted in the book and was very disappointed. It felt very much like a cold reading. She was actually pretty off and I honestly felt like I got more accurate insight from some of the readers on this forum in the reading section for free. So buyer beware I guess is what I am saying. But when I read the book it somehow managed to help me put my whole life story into perspective but the readings in the book may be based on generalizations so take it all with a grain of salt. But still an interesting read you might want to check out. It helps to look at traumatic experience from a more objective perspective.
Old 15-09-2016, 06:53 PM
Master
hi alicat
i've not read the books, but you make it sound interesting.
i see no reason that you should delay investigating what intriques you.
my belief is that you don't need a "middleman" to connect you to yourself.
[neither to you need to pay anything]
you're wanting a catalyst; something to assist your own journey of discovery.
Old 15-09-2016, 08:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
AnotherBob,

I am not clear on whether or not you have read the books.

Hi Michelle!

Yes, I read all of his books. There are elements that resonate, but I find the big difference is that the spirit experiences which Newton relates (not unlike NDE reports) are all being interpreted from the pov of human personas, whereas Sparrow's reports are delivered from the pov of spirit, so I tend to put more stock in his analysis. Of course, I am still only going on my own subjective judgment in these matters, but there it is, eh. ;)
Old 15-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Newbie ;)

Another Bob-

You had some interesting points. I agree with what you said about investigation in past lives leading to more questions than answers. That mystery though- is part of what makes them so cool to think about!I also agree with what you said about hypnotherapy not being a perfect means to accurately access cellular memory and translate soul consciousness. The spiritual dimensions also ideally would have vocabulary to better describe them in terms that are less earthly. I guess in order to truly find out what it is like in your life in between lives, you have to die .

While it is possible a person's belief systems may be transferred over as they are speaking to the hypnotherapist, the fact that Dr. Newton interviews so many people makes it so that there is a balance/variety of perspectives coming from people of all levels of development, religious and philosophical backgrounds, and walks of life. I think Dr. Newton is a very thorough researcher who really tries hard to keep biases out of his body of work.

Michelle 11-

That's nice to hear the books resonated with you too.

It's cool that you think you might have found your soulmate! I'm still on that search. About the guide thing- I also have the same idea where I think I might be a guide, but have mostly been working on myself in my own life. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out the answer to that question-maybe it'll surprise us!

I'm sorry that your experience with that reading. I have had those types of experiences with a lot of psychic readings- some people I make a connection with, but many more are just kind of let downs.

I'm definitely going to have to check out that book Your Soul's Plan. Sounds really cool.

H:O:R:A:C:E-

Thanks for the advice about doing some of my own personal investigation on the topic. I'm definitely going to do some meditation and personal soul-searching! And I totally do recommend the book! If you do read it, I'd like to hear some of your thoughts!
Old 15-09-2016, 09:07 PM
Master

There is a thread below on this subject in the section energy work. I read these books and they did not have an intuitive resonance for me as a medium and energy worker.
Old 15-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator
I also read "Journey of Souls". It was a much-appreciated unexpected gift from a friend and Colleague. I was and still am, very grateful for being given such a lovely gift.

I started to read with a completely open mind, and fully expected it to be something which would resonate with me very deeply.
I felt immediately drawn to what was written....up to a certain point in the book. There, something in me started to....(wander? ...I'm not sure that's the right word!) But I started to find myself unable instinctively in my Soul and intuition, to process things that were written, verbatim.
I was baffled by this reaction, as it was certainly not my conscious will to feel this way about the information presented.
I read, and re-read certain experiences and passages, but got the same reaction, and it was just on an intuitive level. I have no real knowledge of hypnotherapy, and not much conscious knowledge of many of the intricacies of the afterlife state -except what is gleaned -again from my own intuition only, plus (mostly wordless) contacts with loved ones who have passed on. I couldn't presume to know all that from my vantage-point at present....though of course am aware my Spirit knows!

Sometimes my reaction while reading and trying to digest, would amount to a feeling of spiritual indigestion. I would have to put the book down, and instead consult silently with my own Soul as best I could, to 'get back home again' (not the best analogy but that's kind of what it felt like.)

I felt something limited. As if there were worlds upon worlds beyond what was written in that book. I felt as if "something human" (some human-based concept or structure) was limiting information.

Part of me dislikes writing this, as I do not have enough personal experience of my own to better what was written there. And a man like Dr Newton deserves respect for his hard work and dedication to unraveling a great mystery. Also I mean in no way to belittle the ones who gave their honest experiences to be written in the book!

It may be that some of us know one thing....some of us know something else. What resonates with one Soul Type may not resonate with another....etc.

It may also be that I read it at the wrong time for me. I shall wait, and read it again another time.