Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Master
who decides

who picks the lessons, the events we are here to learn? the Higher Self or do we cons chose it prior to coming here? and who makes us agree to make up karma in a certain life? it's not us, i know that much. who does it?
Old 31-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Enya

As far as I know, we do. :) That is, our spirit does, with a lot of consultation with others who know us well and help support us in our evolution.
Making up karma... I would expect it to be the same process, especially if it involves interaction with another person/s who were involved in the original event to be balanced. I should think this takes in the rulings of spiritual law, too, which some may see as God's law.
Old 31-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Experiencer
So far as I understand it, these decisions are made jointly between ourselves (spirit selves/higher selves) and our guides and teachers.

We are never made to do anything against our will. The concept of karma, I think, can be a little skewed. If we treat someone badly in a human lifetime our higher self, upon returning to the spirit world, usually feels remorse for that and will choose to experience a similar circumstance as the victim the next time around of their own volition, not as a punishment, but in order to better understand the consequences of their own actions and the feelings of others in a different position to themselves. So far as I can understand from my guides, this back-and-forth pattern is a tremendous tool of spiritual learning.

I appreciate that these things are often hard to understand from the perspective of our human consciousness, especially when we have been struggling (if I were in a conversation with my higher self I'd probably have a few choice words to say about the path my life has taken) but I know from asking questions about experiences in my previous lifetimes that there is always rhyme and reason to these events.
Old 31-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Master
mm thank you guys i think i must have been drunk during the process of planning this life out lolkarma isn't always eye for an eye unfornately, it's not a fair process often times those that did good and suffered wounds carry these wounds over in this life and those negative emotions become their "karma"
Old 01-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
who picks the lessons, the events we are here to learn? the Higher Self or do we cons chose it prior to coming here? and who makes us agree to make up karma in a certain life? it's not us, i know that much. who does it?

We do. And before you ask if we would choose the bad things in our Lives we already have. Spirit doesn't have the same concept of good and bad as we do, in fact I don't believe there is such a thing.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi Rosewater

I had an email sent to me from a channel that kinda has a heading similar to your question...

The Decision To Be Here..

"The physical environment is one of great density. To create the solid moments great attention is paid to the intensity necessary to create it all.

It is often not a comfortable place for those with a finer vibration. Many feel out of place in such a wild territory such as physical. Wondering in fact, why they would make such a decision to be here at all.

In the eternal energy there are times where more evolved healing energies are called upon to be of service. Incarnating in a reality where their higher vibration can help balance the density is the primary reason.

It is a time of great movement in the linear, so there is an abundant amount of souls who have made the decision to be here.

Once in the form, however, there can be an occurrence of the dramatic that can cause complete memory to escape those who have volunteered. Knowing on some level they need to be here, but for what, remains a big question.

To find the answer, attempt to settle quietly into your energy. Block out the chitter chatter of the day and remember why.

Balancing energy in this environment is a big endeavor. There are a lot of energies like yourself that are awakening to their purpose.

Lending your ability to balance energy is a huge undertaking, but you would not have come here without the desire to do it.

Focus. Meditate. Be one with your soulful energy. It is what you came here for.

The physical reality will rebound positively with your endeavors. Yes. Your energy is important. Align. Send the healing. It is your purpose this time around."

I agree with It
.. What do you think rose?

x daz x
Old 01-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Gauss

As far as I understand it it is your karmic self constructed by postnatal bad thoughts, karma, bad notions and external interference(from other dimensions where bad beings exist too).

Your karma comes from previous lifetimes and the rest is created in this environment.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:53 PM
mrcuteblackie

Noone knows what happens after death and who decides what happens, or if there is life after. All the Zen people who have attained that sought state have given no definite answers when asked this.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:59 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
mm thank you guys i think i must have been drunk during the process of planning this life out lolkarma isn't always eye for an eye unfornately, it's not a fair process often times those that did good and suffered wounds carry these wounds over in this life and those negative emotions become their "karma"

understood completely. i've read that we are in such an extremely happy feeling when we are in spirit and preparing to come back we honestly aren't caring how things will turn out, we're just excited to be coming back. Like a giddy school girl I guess. then we wake up..... LOL.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Dilchannan

I believe that we choose our life's path before we are born again. We choose the big things, the events, the turning point, the moments that have changed us or steered us in a new direction.

imo, karma is not why we reincarnate. We reincarnate to experience all their is for us humans to experience. What comes around goes around so to speak, right here in this life time. I do not believe we carry all that baggage back home.

Peace