Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Mind's Eye

I would venture to say that he was just probably shocked, or maybe even a little scared when he realized that he was leaving his physical body. I have had sudden out of body experiences in my life.. and in the beginning, the process was a little scary. There were times when I was aware of my spirit slowly rising up out of my body. If someone had seen my face at that time, I'm sure my expression would have been one of shock and maybe even fear.

He could have also been a little shocked by what he saw before leaving the body. Some individuals go to the light happy and willing.. and yet to others, it can seem a bit frightening at first. I am sure that your husband is fine, he was probably just really taken back by the experience of departing this material world.

I think it is a good idea that you talk to him, tell him that you love him, and tell him it's okay to go to the light. (Just in case he may linger on the earth plane because he is a bit intimidated by the light.) Tell him that God is love, and no judgement awaits him in the light... only love, light and beauty.) Tell him also that you love and miss him, but that it's okay to go into the next dimension. There is the possibility that at the time of his passing, he was afraid to leave you here by yourself. Let him know you'll be okay and that he can go into the light. Tell him that he can drop in anytime he wishes, but that he has business on the other side now as well.

I would say that it was probably a combination of all these things that I have mentioned in this post that made him have that certain look in his eyes. After all, we are all human, and some individuals may find the whole departure process very peaceful.. While others may be somewhat beside themselvs. But either way.. I am sure he is fine now.

My prayers are with you both.

Last edited by Mind's Eye : 29-11-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:39 AM
Celeste

Wink

I, too, think you gave him the perfect death. I think he just got a little scared crossing over. But, as you know, he is fine now.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:08 AM
Master
A person doesn't look the same because they are not in there anymore.
My son's eyes were closed when I found him dead in his bed earlier this year.
That visage haunted me strongly for months, it still does but I think about it less.
I am so very sorry for your loss, big hugz to you, my dear. big hugz to you.

I give kudos to you for 'kidnapping him' so he could be at home. More people should do that when it's clear lots of people would wish this.

I too was always the driver, my son the passenger.

Before he died, there was a woman at work who was in the hospital possibly dying (she survived). I felt at a few points, she dropped in to visit me while I was driving around. I just had brief chats with her. She was in an induced coma. She suffered a clot on her lung. She ended up having to lose portions of both legs in order to save her. After my son died, there were visits from him, too, while I drove around and it was calming and I would sometimes simply put my hand down on the console or near my knee where we would hold hands sometimes in real life.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:19 AM
harley's mum

THANKS FOR THAT SILVERGIRL... VERY MUCH APPRECIATED... PART OF WHAT GOT ME IS HIS EYES WOULD NOT SHUT AND I KEPT TRYING TO SHUT THEM BUT NO USE... FUNNY HOW WE SEE THINGS ON TV BUT REAL LIFE IS SO VERY VERY DIFFERENT...!
ALSO EMPATHY AND COMPASSION BACK TO YOU THEY SAY PARENTS SHOULD NOT OUTLIVE THEIR CHILDREN, WHEN MY BROTHER DIED OF DIABETES A WHILE BACK MY FATHER'S BLACK HAIR WAS WHITE AT THE FUNERAL... AND A YEAR LATER HE WAS DEAD...!!
I TALK TO MY PASSENGER.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Master
Lightbulb

So glad to hear you 'talk' to your passenger, harley's mum.

Omg, HM. Isn't it amazing what the stress can do to a person. Your dad.

We are here. For each other, sometimes. Very grateful for that.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Celeste

My mom did not get gray hair until six months before she died. She died at 92.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Master
I guess that's genetic. With any luck, you'll get that passed to you.
How wonderful to live to such a ripe old age. I personally expect to live forever.

Old 19-12-2010, 03:49 PM
JeremyMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley's mum
THANKS FOR THAT SILVERGIRL... VERY MUCH APPRECIATED... PART OF WHAT GOT ME IS HIS EYES WOULD NOT SHUT AND I KEPT TRYING TO SHUT THEM BUT NO USE... FUNNY HOW WE SEE THINGS ON TV BUT REAL LIFE IS SO VERY VERY DIFFERENT...!
ALSO EMPATHY AND COMPASSION BACK TO YOU THEY SAY PARENTS SHOULD NOT OUTLIVE THEIR CHILDREN, WHEN MY BROTHER DIED OF DIABETES A WHILE BACK MY FATHER'S BLACK HAIR WAS WHITE AT THE FUNERAL... AND A YEAR LATER HE WAS DEAD...!!
I TALK TO MY PASSENGER.

I think you should realise that the wide-open eyes is a physical reaction at death. The muscles around the eye contract and this is quite normal/usual. That's why in the past pennies used to be placed over the eyes to keep them shut and nowadays undertakers sew the eyelids shut.

Please be at ease about your dear husband. Whatever happened to his spirit has nothing to do with the expression on his face. The body is the physical vessel for the soul and subject to the natural processes of the physical world when we pass.

I feel very strongly that your husband passed peacefully and now looks in on you with love and gratitude for the kindness oyu showed in making his passing so personal and comfortable. I am sure that you have a photo of him with a healthy and happy look on his face. Put that photo beside your bed and meditate on it. In that way you will gradually disperse any fears you have and the image of your husband imprinted on your mind from his passing will fade into something more comforting.

God Bless You and Your Family at this time

Jeremy
Old 20-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Gauss

I never saw someone lie dead but I know for a fact many people fear death and especially going to hell at the moment of death. Someone said only a truly exceptional person can die with a smile on his lips.

From my perspective the only way of ever achieving a peaceful death is to cultivate out of the three realms and avoid Samsara(reincarnation loop) and rebirth as animal, ghost, hell being, heaven being(only lasts for a few hundred years), plant etc etc..

As I see it now there finally is a way out of our suffering and it is called Falun Dafa and it is spread just before the end of times as we know them.

Try to read the book Zhuan Falun:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.html

/Zhen-Shan-Ren(Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance) is good, Falun Dafa is good.