Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 06-10-2018, 09:15 AM
Knower

Is The Devil always bad?

I have been pondering.

I asked the tarots what will be the most likely developments between me and Y. I've drawn 3 cards:

King of Cups, Queen of Swords, The Devil.

King of Cups is him mastering his own emotions.
Queen of Swords is me mastering my own thoughts and reaching mental clarity.
The Devil...ehm... it often means addiction, obsession, bondage, but to me personally it has always been more about passion and sexual attraction. Depending also on the surrounding cards, of course. Since in this spread feelings and mental clarity already showed up, carnal passion will just be the cherry on the cake, won't it?

LOL. Don't be scared to ruin my rose tinted glasses and tell me what you think.
Thanks to who will contribute
Old 06-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Master
I've always seen the Devil as challenging us to face our own inner demons and fears.

What are you afraid of?
What keeps you awake at night starring at the ceiling?
Etc........

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 06-10-2018, 08:07 PM
Master
No idea what the position was for the cards.
But I don't see the Devil as bad at all. What do you consider to be bad? That's like thinking "Death" means literal death.

Mostly the Devil comes up in readings I do to represent having to face your own inner fears and demons.
Making someone else responsible for your happiness. Self-imposed restrictions. Can also be an indication of a Karmic relationship. Fear of loss, co-dependency.
Maybe not nice things, but none of these are bad.

The other day I had it come up for feeling trapped.
In the Wildwood Tarot it can also represent your own inner 'wild side', you wild nature, and also mentions something about addressing all these 'Devil' issues with a bit of dry humour.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
The Devil can also be materialism and kind of no spiritual hope.

Some like those relationships - some can't stand them...

It all depends of what kind of type you are.

Good luck :-)

minx.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Knower

Thanks guys for your input. So I gather there's a kind of challenge to be confronted (surprise!) I haven't heard from this person in a while and I was curious of what the tarots came up with after a long time.

@FairyCrystal: there was no position to the cards. I tend to do either the celtic cross or draw 2-3 cards at a time. As for the "bad", I realised that I may have worded it wrongly, since there is no good or bad in absolute but it's all relative. In this context I guess I meant: does it necessarily mean "troubles", like this person is "bad" for me, or in relation to other cards it adds some spice to the whole?
You know, venus retrograde ;) thanks for your reading on Youtube, very interesting!

Thanks guys for your time and blessings to you all xx
Old 06-10-2018, 09:40 PM
Master
not allwayss
cud be devil in u but not in bad way
or u do thngs for devlmett
i no i sea queenn sowdss as a striktt sternn womenn not to mess wiff
only devil will mess wif her coz his strongg 1 to standd up to her
kingg of cuppss i seais man it willlet u drinkk off his cup
but devill dnt allayss means bad
my tip is go by pic u sea yore sllf not book
sorry if im not speekin sensess i only go by wot i sea in pic
lady it sevd me a dec of crds i told her i go by pic on crdss not book
she sayss she duz wot i do by pic

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 06-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
not allwayss
cud be devil in u but not in bad way
or u do thngs for devlmett
i no i sea queenn sowdss as a striktt sternn womenn not to mess wiff
only devil will mess wif her coz his strongg 1 to standd up to her
kingg of cuppss i seais man it willlet u drinkk off his cup
but devill dnt allayss means bad
my tip is go by pic u sea yore sllf not book
sorry if im not speekin sensess i only go by wot i sea in pic
lady it sevd me a dec of crds i told her i go by pic on crdss not book
she sayss she duz wot i do by pic

Wow, thanks! I did have the feeling today the queen of swords was lashing her sword at the Devil, according to the card set up. I agree with you, intuition comes before the book
Old 09-10-2018, 04:00 AM
Newbie ;)
Guide
The Devil can be a tricky figure.

I recently encountered it myself.

He says something that seems caring and on the right side, but somehow you still feel pain because all he wants is controlling power.

He is actually disrespectful, arrogant and treat you like he is a superior to you.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:51 AM
Master
Nice question...nope the devil isn't so bad. It could be a representation of our inner most selves...as we all have a not so light and easy side...and understanding that could.lead.to liberation, freedom from our own vices. Ultimately it is always us seeking our ownselves..it's easy to say someone else is bad. Or something outside of ourselves is bad...we secretly always know th conflcit within us even if we are afraid to admit ... It takes strength to admit ones own follies and bring tremendius transformation through it...sign of strength and power also...its good that it's a major arcana card....it's not so much the outside or the external..but the internal and reflection of our inner good or bad...or however we wish to see it...

The devil is an opportunity to see what one can overcome and where one stands. Not bad at all...
Old 09-10-2018, 05:02 AM
Master
Ohh I didn't notice the first post...I think with king of cups ...a matter of emotions than discernment or intellect...with emotions there is no logic or direction..uncertaintty and it just flows...queen of swords feels like the fighter the one who tries and knows..One who attempts or seek some manner of direction...The devil in the spread does not allow for that direction yet...it can be addictive attachment with the king of cups..I feel it is bound by passion and attachment and there is a certain realm of understanding you will be subject to for a while before you proceed. I feel an addictive attachment to emotions...and easily giving into emotions...not so much into reason.

Queen of swords is directing this with more logic and maturity and is aware..but there is attachment and not so much focus on consequences in this dynamic.