Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Aromatherapy

Old 16-07-2015, 01:05 PM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
I think it is perfectly normal for a humanbeing to have interests, hobby's and passions.
Those are things that makes us different from "lower" lifeforms.
I, myself, can feel really happy when busy with science and technology (but this is a spiritual forum so I never mentioned it).
Architecture is also a hobby of mine.
Bodily exercise can feel really fulfilling too.

I really don't understand why an interest in aromatherapy can be seen as a pitfall in Life.

Who said it is a pitfall Serrao ? I like you have hobbies which I enjoy, life is for enjoying, there's enough misery in the world, lets be happy as long as our hobbies don't turn into attachments.
Old 18-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Master
There is nothing wrong with aromatherapy in and of itself. The problem arises when a person believes that it is going to make them a happier person. Such a person is looking for happiness in the wrong places.

A nice aroma may bring temporary enjoyment, but then what happens when the scent dies out? You're back to square one. There is little to no long term benefit. There will probably be a yearning for more pleasing scents, a craving, and potential attachment issues may arise.

I've found that focusing my efforts in cultivating a true and lasting happiness that is independent of sense pleasures has given rise to a much greater happiness and sense of fulfillment than when I was chasing happiness in that which is impermanent. There is a saying in Buddhism- "Sacrifice lesser happiness for a greater happiness."
Old 22-07-2015, 08:11 PM
skunk

Strongly drawn to having Himalayan Salt Lamps.

Renewal, like a good lightning storm brings.
Old 22-07-2015, 11:36 PM
Well, if happiness is not being bitten by mosquitoes!!!!

Then, basil, lemongrass and geranium ess oils in either
shea butter or coconut oil!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-07-2015, 02:08 AM
Newbie ;)

I use a mini-diffuser filled with Bergamot. When I am crabby or upset I turn my diffuser on and my mood eventually lightens up.
Old 14-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceField
This is an utterly misguided question. If you think a smell is going to bring you happiness, you seriously need to rethink what true happiness actually is. The most appealing smell in the world will never bring true happiness. Neither will anything you can taste, touch, hear, or see. True happiness lies beyond the ego's desires for sensory pleasure.

Are you ok? Because you sincerely don't seem a very happy person yourself.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 14-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle239
Are you ok? Because you sincerely don't seem a very happy person yourself.

How is that?
Old 25-09-2018, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
My favorite incense scent is called 'Superhit', by Nag Champa brand... It has a very sweet, pleasant aroma... Stimulating but not too strong.....

I get high burning this wonderful incense.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:01 AM
Guide

My happiness oils, are my calming oils; or almost sedative...

Tansy, Fennel, and Red Mandarin, Lavendar

Blood Orange makes me really happy. It kinda perks me up, it smells like candy to me. Also another reason from time to time Lemongrass does the same thing for me.
Old 11-11-2018, 07:05 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, if happiness is not being bitten by mosquitoes!!!!

Then, basil, lemongrass and geranium ess oils in either
shea butter or coconut oil!

I second Basil. It is also very nice.