Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 19-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Experiencer

Hmm I never considered it being a Vision. Why would I have that though especially at 7? All the visions I have ever had resulted in something this one never did.
Old 21-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
PS..What is Satan supposed to look like?

Excellent question. It seems that many think they have to engage with 'people' like Satan in the form of popular culture, but what if these 'people' look like us.

What if someone was pretending to be Satan? How would you know?

What is Satan was your friendly neighbour who brought you soup when you are sick? He just doesn't look like *Satan* so you just take the tasty soup and get well. This is not joking by the way.
Old 21-06-2018, 09:36 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Sure! Many have seen hell, but I can't think of any that claim to have actually seen Satan. Some of the ones who'd seen hell tell that when they became concerned with others and found pity/compassion for their suffering who were there, they were instantly drawn up out of hell. Turns out that these people who had seen hell were very self centered in this life.

Are they just seeing their own version of Hell? Hell could look like anything really.
Old 23-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightseer
Are they just seeing their own version of Hell? Hell could look like anything really.

In my opinion, yes. After having done tons of research on NDEs (after I had a NDE myself) I'm pretty convinced that hell is not a place, but a state of consciousness. How much we allow our ego to affect our consciousness to be imprinted on until it's cleared after "death". What's imprinted on our consciousness is determined by what we choose to believe and hold as truth.
Old 23-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Master
Greetings people.

About a week ago, I had an NDE during a bout of food poisoning and also during a bad seizure caused by my dysautonomia (autonomic nervous system malfunction) in which my breathing and heartbeat slowed right down until it basically stopped.

During this time, I had a vision and a full on conversation with Lord Yama, who is more like the Western notion of the "Grim Reaper" rather than being "Satan" and quite a pleasant chap the Grim Reaper is, despite his outward appearance.

A few nights ago, I had a dream of a demon who claimed to be Satan, but I quickly realised this entity was only a mind-reading shapeshifter. It all came to an abrupt end when I went into deep meditation during sleep and managed to stop all thoughts, focusing only on the dark, blank mental canvas behind my closed eyelids. The demon then backed off with "oh, an enlightened one...excuse me". I then visualised a brick wall (ala "Children of the Corn") and went "read THIS" and the demon totally backed off at the speed of immediate invisibility.

There is a war going on for my soul, but only One who I am prepared to give it to... still doesn't stop others from trying to claim it though.
Old 23-06-2018, 12:23 PM
Master
There is a story I would like to relate which may go to explain how to tell the difference between a malevolent being and a benevolent one.

The only One who I will give my soul to is the Hindu Deity, Lord Shiva...I totally love Him with all my heart.

Now, there are two sides to Lord Shiva..A peaceful Yogi, wise Sage, a kind, loving and compassionate being who creates and dissolves all existence through His cosmic Dance....and a fearful, ferocious Demon (Kaal Bhairava) who upholds Dharma, strikes fear and terror into the hearts of evildoers and the corrupt/unjust...this is called Lord Shiva's yakshaswaroopa or "demonic form" and it makes Satan and any other Demon look like pussycats by comparison.

I have seen this form of Lord Shiva and this is why I am not afraid of Satan or any other Demon.

One day, a few years ago, Lord Shiva decided to test me and appeared before me as Kaal Bhairava..His most terrifying and brutal form, saying "I'm going to chop your head off now... prepare to die".

At first, I was quite taken aback, but then I fully recognised and understood the "energy signature" of my beloved Lord and I prostrated myself at His feet... feeling totally honoured and blessed that He chose to appear to me in this way...and all I could say was " hello my darling, would you like me to sharpen your sword before you chop my head off? You know that I am all yours anyway, so how may I serve you?"

With that, Kaal Bhairava disappeared and in His place stood Lord Shiva, showering Grace and loving blessings upon me.
Old 23-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
In my opinion, yes. After having done tons of research on NDEs (after I had a NDE myself) I'm pretty convinced that hell is not a place, but a state of consciousness. How much we allow our ego to affect our consciousness to be imprinted on until it's cleared after "death". What's imprinted on our consciousness is determined by what we choose to believe and hold as truth.

We define our own 'karma' and create our own 'hell'. Those imprints can last a very long time I think. 'Hell' could be being trapped in a relationship that is abusive, or even in a situation that someone else would prefer to be in, then it is not 'hell' for them at all. Hell is a state of mind for sure.

When people have NDE they rarely say they went to a terrible place, is that because people mostly forgive themselves for their actions in this realm?
Old 23-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
There is a story I would like to relate which may go to explain how to tell the difference between a malevolent being and a benevolent one.

The only One who I will give my soul to is the Hindu Deity, Lord Shiva...I totally love Him with all my heart.

Now, there are two sides to Lord Shiva..A peaceful Yogi, wise Sage, a kind, loving and compassionate being who creates and dissolves all existence through His cosmic Dance....and a fearful, ferocious Demon (Kaal Bhairava) who upholds Dharma, strikes fear and terror into the hearts of evildoers and the corrupt/unjust...this is called Lord Shiva's yakshaswaroopa or "demonic form" and it makes Satan and any other Demon look like pussycats by comparison.

I have seen this form of Lord Shiva and this is why I am not afraid of Satan or any other Demon.

One day, a few years ago, Lord Shiva decided to test me and appeared before me as Kaal Bhairava..His most terrifying and brutal form, saying "I'm going to chop your head off now... prepare to die".

At first, I was quite taken aback, but then I fully recognised and understood the "energy signature" of my beloved Lord and I prostrated myself at His feet... feeling totally honoured and blessed that He chose to appear to me in this way...and all I could say was " hello my darling, would you like me to sharpen your sword before you chop my head off? You know that I am all yours anyway, so how may I serve you?"

With that, Kaal Bhairava disappeared and in His place stood Lord Shiva, showering Grace and loving blessings upon me.

No disrespect to your beliefs but do you think there is an unhealthy side to one conscious being giving over their Will to another (indefinitely) as you describe?

Temporary surrender to learn is one thing but what you describe sounds like you mean indefinitely and subserviently.
Old 25-06-2018, 05:09 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightseer
We define our own 'karma' and create our own 'hell'. Those imprints can last a very long time I think. 'Hell' could be being trapped in a relationship that is abusive, or even in a situation that someone else would prefer to be in, then it is not 'hell' for them at all. Hell is a state of mind for sure.

When people have NDE they rarely say they went to a terrible place, is that because people mostly forgive themselves for their actions in this realm?

Yep, it's rather rare the people who report experiencing hell. I think you have to be quite a self-centered person to "experience hell". I didn't forgive myself until after my NDE, that is. when I became fully conscious a couple days after my heart attack and was fully awake. The NDE was incredibly wonderful. I never was that bad a person before, though. Sure, I'd done some bad things...I'm only human...but I think that's the first part of realizing one has to forgive themselves.

As far as "imprints lasting a very long time" one NDE I read about the person said he was in hell for an eternity, yet it latest only seconds. I can't quite fully comprehend that, I guess maybe it's because I didn't experience that.
I liken it to "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". IOW, any negativity in this life dies with this life. We're still connected to our egos until the finality of death of the body (the point when consciousness can no longer return to it). So, we're still connected to our ego although the ego is dormant, yet it's imprint is still there on our consciousness. We can't enter that place (some claim there's a barrier or marker that must be crossed (and some have reported crossing it...I came to one, but couldn't cross it) of pure consciousness if we don't leg go of negativity. Maybe that's an explanation for ghosts...?? I couln't cross it because as soon as I tried to I couldn't move and I felt that feeling of that heart attack in my chest, but it didn't hurt at all. I'm pretty sure that was at the time the EMT got my heart going again. I remained in that place for bit before I was back in my body.
Old 26-06-2018, 11:32 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
I think you have to be quite a self-centered person to "experience hell". …

That is an interesting perspective, but I can understand what I think you mean.

Quote:
As far as "imprints lasting a very long time" one NDE I read about the person said he was in hell for an eternity, yet it latest only seconds. I can't quite fully comprehend that, I guess maybe it's because I didn't experience that.

Makes you wonder when and if 'Hell' would ever end if they experience it as an 'eternity that lasted seconds'. Would that indicate they could end it any moment?

Quote:
I liken it to "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". IOW, any negativity in this life dies with this life. We're still connected to our egos until the finality of death of the body (the point when consciousness can no longer return to it). So, we're still connected to our ego although the ego is dormant, yet it's imprint is still there on our consciousness. We can't enter that place (some claim there's a barrier or marker that must be crossed (and some have reported crossing it...I came to one, but couldn't cross it) of pure consciousness if we don't leg go of negativity. Maybe that's an explanation for ghosts...??

Again that is a good argument for this being us punishing ourselves and there is no objective hell, or heaven for that matter, it's all in the way we think, feel and create, on a personal and shared level, to some extent on the shared level anyway.

It is interesting that it is those who believe in punishment who get punishment for their 'sins'.

Interesting about the ghosts.

Quote:
I couln't cross it because as soon as I tried to I couldn't move and I felt that feeling of that heart attack in my chest, but it didn't hurt at all. I'm pretty sure that was at the time the EMT got my heart going again. I remained in that place for bit before I was back in my body.

The question being was it because you couldn't cross or because you didn't want to? Then do we decide our own death 'time' has come and it is not any outside force?