Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-04-2012, 12:13 AM
marblemarvel

Psychic connections to those who are in the process of dying

Hi everyone, I'm quite new here but I was curious if anyone has ever experienced this.

Both my paternal grandparents were surprisingly close to me, and they both carried the same type of gifts my sister and I have. My grandfather had passed some years ago and months prior to his passing I experienced quite a bit of depression. I was out of town with my fiance at the time and I remember we were outside of our resort, and I was on the swings just passing time and being silly. I remember very clearly, out of no where, feeling light and like I was myself again. During this time, a local church bell was ringing that it was 7PM. I made such a comment to my fiance about my change in feeling.

About an hour later I got a phone call saying my grandfather had passed. I found out a few days later he was pronounced dead at 6PM MST, which was exactly when I had that light feeling (thank goodness for the church tolling).

My grandmother is on her way out but her death has been dragging. She is very unhappy about not being dead, and for the last week or so (after she had a stroke and rung us to say goodbye), my sister and I have been having some random depression and "I just want to die" feelings. My sister actually thought something was wrong with her, and I thought I was fatally ill or something and began trying to process how to die and what it meant to me. We had just talked to one another some days ago and noticed that we had the same feelings, and we both knew it was from our grandmother. I talked to my grandmother a few days ago trying to pull it out of her, and the basic gist I got was that she was pretty much just waiting to go "home" and that she thought my grandfather maybe wasn't going to meet her on the other side because, after his death, she never received dreams/visitations etc. from him. I feel like this feeling is definitely from her, and the sadness is because for whatever reason, her psychic connection has been cut off at the last moment for her to come to terms with something that she last needed to learn.

It's really kind of a beautiful moment, the finality and the mission of life coming to an end, and sad that she cannot see she is surrounded by those she wanted to be around at the last moments... but it is very bothersome to have this connection to her.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, if anything can be done prior to their passing to sever the connection or mute it so it doesn't interefere so much with my life. It's a little disconcerting to carry these feelings as I wrap up a terrible semester and prepare for my wedding in a few months.
Old 22-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Trieah

Hi Marblemarvel, have you tried closing down you chakras? I know that sometimes helps with being such a strong empath.
Old 22-04-2012, 01:02 AM
marblemarvel

My brow chakra was closed, or so I thought. I have no idea how to manipulate them otherwise, because it usually creates problems physically if something is off kilter. That is an interesting question, because I've been meanwhile in the process of trying to OPEN it again... so perhaps this is just par for the course.
Old 22-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Knower

Hello Marble…

First off… welcome to SF.

Second… At this time I am experiencing something akin to your topic and I appreciate this opportunity to talk about it.

My older brother is currently in a transition stage. He and his wife live in Connecticut, while my 86 year old father and I live in Florida. Since my brother’s latest stroke two weeks ago, I have been reaching out to him with what I call ‘spirit to spirit’ communication.

We ‘talk’ a bit now and then, he knows I am reaching through and I send him loads of love. For a while it felt as if he was wanting to tap into my energy. Once I became aware of this I had to express to him that was not allowed. I am happy to send but he is not allowed to ‘take’.

In addition to sending love, I have also let him know I forgive him. There is nothing he has done that requires forgiveness. I just want him to know we are good. He knows that I release him, as has his wife. When he is ready to leave the body there is nothing to hold him back. There is also honor. I honor the life he chose to live.

My brother has been sleeping a great deal for months now… I feel certain that he is doing his ‘spiritual’ work now. He is very connected with the old earth energies and rarely gave thought to what lies beyond. I know my Mom, who has passed and his guides are there with him. He is moving back and forth between the physical world and the world of Spirit… not yet ready to go.

I feel that there is something very important I am to learn through this experience. Sigh, probably a number of things to learn. Assisting my sister-in-law in making some difficult decisions. Experiencing the final portion of this Earth journey with my brother. Knowing this will be hard for my elderly father as my Dad and I will not be able to attend the funeral after my brother passes. Dad, himself, is only doing fair. He is anable to make such a trip physically or emotionally.

Pop and I are blessed in that we and the Universe provided the ability for me to live with Dad and take care of him at this time. I expect that Dad will follow my brother in ‘X’ amount of time. Call it a knowing.

It is all beautiful, sad and fascinating all at the same time. There is another side to all of this. One door in my life will close, but awaiting me, is another door for me to open. This makes a big difference. In a way it feels like my brother and father are handing me the keys to that new door.

Dealing with these strong energies are difficult. I connect with Divine Source, feel the huge changes going on in our world and still aim to work on my spiritual path. It can be exhausting.

Everyday I ‘bubble’ up and shield my energy from that which is does not belong to me. My personal space has a slivery pink reflective surface. Anything that is less than light, even unacceptable energy from my loved ones, is gifted with love and reflected away to continue it’s own journey. I am willing to do all I can, but, with out taking on ‘stuff’ that is not mine. There has to be healthy boundaries.

I hope this may help you a bit.

Love, hugs, hope and blessings.
Old 22-04-2012, 02:32 AM
indigoasylum11

Quote:
Originally Posted by marblemarvel
Hi everyone, I'm quite new here but I was curious if anyone has ever experienced this.

Both my paternal grandparents were surprisingly close to me, and they both carried the same type of gifts my sister and I have. My grandfather had passed some years ago and months prior to his passing I experienced quite a bit of depression. I was out of town with my fiance at the time and I remember we were outside of our resort, and I was on the swings just passing time and being silly. I remember very clearly, out of no where, feeling light and like I was myself again. During this time, a local church bell was ringing that it was 7PM. I made such a comment to my fiance about my change in feeling.

About an hour later I got a phone call saying my grandfather had passed. I found out a few days later he was pronounced dead at 6PM MST, which was exactly when I had that light feeling (thank goodness for the church tolling).

My grandmother is on her way out but her death has been dragging. She is very unhappy about not being dead, and for the last week or so (after she had a stroke and rung us to say goodbye), my sister and I have been having some random depression and "I just want to die" feelings. My sister actually thought something was wrong with her, and I thought I was fatally ill or something and began trying to process how to die and what it meant to me. We had just talked to one another some days ago and noticed that we had the same feelings, and we both knew it was from our grandmother. I talked to my grandmother a few days ago trying to pull it out of her, and the basic gist I got was that she was pretty much just waiting to go "home" and that she thought my grandfather maybe wasn't going to meet her on the other side because, after his death, she never received dreams/visitations etc. from him. I feel like this feeling is definitely from her, and the sadness is because for whatever reason, her psychic connection has been cut off at the last moment for her to come to terms with something that she last needed to learn.

It's really kind of a beautiful moment, the finality and the mission of life coming to an end, and sad that she cannot see she is surrounded by those she wanted to be around at the last moments... but it is very bothersome to have this connection to her.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, if anything can be done prior to their passing to sever the connection or mute it so it doesn't interefere so much with my life. It's a little disconcerting to carry these feelings as I wrap up a terrible semester and prepare for my wedding in a few months.
I'm the same way. I feel others emotions. I've tried these things...praying...severing ties ect...but to no use. I guess its part of being empathetic or sensitive.
Old 22-04-2012, 07:00 AM
Trieah

Mostly, it's the solar plexus and heart chakras that act as an antenna for picking up other people's emotions up so strongly. Try closing down the solar plexus first and then see how you feel.
Old 22-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Administrator
Hey MarbelMarvel.

Firstly Welcome to Spiritual Forums, when you are an empath you will pick up on others feelings be it good or bad, i was very close to my grandmother she is the one in the family that really understood me, when she had a stroke it took her speech
she was in hospital because she had become so ill, the only way she could communicate was by looking into my eyes, i understood what she wanted , just before she had the stroke she was speaking to me about my uncle her son, who died by a sniper bullet at the end of the second world war.i knew she has seen him. because i had seen him too. she looked at me just before she passed and she told me that was the first time she had seen her son since he died, even though she saw spirit as well as i do,
wanting something so bad you inedvertently put a wall up without realising it.
your grandmother will see your grandfather again because he will come for her.

my husband passed away nearly 6 years ago now i have felt him around me smelt him and heard him but i havent seen him. which is what i want,
even though i see other spirits all the time, but i know hes around me, i have seen my grandmother, she often visits me, but im yet to see my husband, you need to tell your grandmother that you are allowing her to go. she could be holding on for your permission.

Namaste
Old 24-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Henri77

Watched a doc on NDE's and some folks have had the IDENTICAL experience as a close friend-mate who passed over.. when they were in the same room with friend,,,..

They experienced the light-tunnel but at some point separated from the friend and returned to their body.

I forget the term but it's fairly rare.