Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Sangress

Oh the irony

So, here I am, sitting half asleep and drinking a coffee when this thought suddenly occurs to me.

Wouldn't it be ironic if we all lived a double life without realizing it, a spiritual life and a physical life.

If our cycle of life and death was something like our waking and sleeping existence.

Now, that might not make sense to you at this point, but bare with me here.

What if we have spiritual lives which are basically the way we live after our physical death?

And what if each spiritual life continues on from where they left off each time we die?

What if our minds have some form of amnesia when we come into a physical skin, or back into a spiritual existence because it all operates and registers within our minds like a dream?

What if astral projection or other spiritual practices in this physical way of existing actually bring our memories closer to what that other way of living is like, closer to a proper recollection of our "other" lives?

I find it all very odd and ironic myself.

I have no idea of where this thought came from, it just dropped into my head.

Most likely just myself being half asleep. Not much of a morning person.

So, what do you all think?
Old 03-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Master
I'm with you a spiritual and physical life would be great separate, I just wish I could tune into the spiritual life....
Spiritlite.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Sangress

I'm standing on the fence on this one though, since my spiritual and physical life at this moment is intertwined...I don't see much separation between mundane and spiritual ....etc

But, in a general context it does make sense.

The separation of the two lives would be handy to help people survive, so they don't get distracted with the past when they need to concentrate on the here and now.

When the two lives come together, then that's the part where I get confused and ask "so...what is this now then?"

I think that my two lives have come together when I had a revelation a few weeks back, when I looked back at the spiritual life and admired it.

But in the end I can never know for sure. It's all speculation.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:36 AM
Ciqala

Life often seems like that to me anyways, always so awkwardly stumbling around trying to match my spirit to my body, in my case i forget what the physical is for. It is like two lives, the essence of who I truly am, a star seed on the return path to the stars, connected to the greater whole and the remembrance of infinity and divinity, with my physical body living randomly, and then blind forgetfulness of such. And i tend to go back and forth, and i think it would be great to master living both at once.
I see the separation so much at times, though it should be balanced.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Saladkiller

Sangress, you can take that thought a step further. Why just a double life? Why not a triple, a quadruple, thousand.. etc?

What if the only thing that separates one experience from another is an awareness of those experiences? What if those experiences were not limited to human lives, but also extended into all things that exist as having their own individual experience?
Old 04-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Sangress, you can take that thought a step further. Why just a double life? Why not a triple, a quadruple, thousand.. etc?

What if the only thing that separates one experience from another is an awareness of those experiences? What if those experiences were not limited to human lives, but also extended into all things that exist as having their own individual experience?

If you want to take it that far sure.

I prefer to keep it simple though.

But yes, this theory could be bonded to a lot of things, one thing being past life experiences, or dual life experiences at any single time.

These concepts are new to me, so I'm treading carefully before I make any quick decisions or judgments or observations.

I'm essentially an intellectual observer. Learning the tricks of the trade.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:38 AM
SandybytheSea

If you haven't read Michael Newton's wonderful books - Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls, I strongly urge you to do so.
A light bulb went off over MY head when I read about a hypnosis session he did where the subject discussed bringing a certain percentage of her soul into this incarnation. This led him to do more research with other subjects, and he learnt that we choose how much of our soul or spirit we think we will need in each lifetime.
This means we leave part of us behind in the hereafter, and are always there even while we are here.
We all know people who have such strong energy (I don't mean muscles) - they're the ones who brought in a large percentage. We also know people who seem whispy, ethereal, as though they are only partly here.
Apparently, on the other side of the curtain, our spirits are either very active (for those who brought less into incarnation) or very weak for those who incarnated with a large percentage.
What we left behind is, of course, what we refer to as our Higher Self, the part that helps to guide us from a distant perspective because it knows, it remembers, why we incarnated.
So many things make sense once we understand that - like why great grandfather was there to meet his grandson when his grandson passed over at 82 - why hadn't great grandfather reincarnated by now? Maybe he had! Doesn't mean he can't still be "there" to meet grandson!
Just something to chew on over that coffee.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Sangress

Hmm, on that note.

I'm thinking that perhaps this is more in line with memory, ideas and personality.

Perhaps all the memories we do not "need" reside outside of ourselves/minds (rather than elsewhere) until we need it.

Maybe those ideas and memories...etc have taken the form of a spirit "shadow" that follows us around and has a certain behavior based on the memories it holds.

Perhaps out "Higher selves" are just constructs of energy which hold mind-stuff and could be integrated into our whole being.

Maybe we become our "shadow" or the shadow becomes us, or they stay separate to some degree while mind-stuff gets passed from one form to the other depending on how a person lives.

(Yes, I am once again drinking my morning coffee. I should call this the "My coffee mind" thread. Lol.)