Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-07-2015, 05:27 PM
jamiemw

Contacting loved ones

Love what is here and when that soul disappears materially on this earth, have you been able to communicate beyond? If so how? If not, how do you try & how you received messages through another being? how does that make you feel? Are you ready?
Old 13-07-2015, 05:30 PM
jamiemw

I have tried but do not have that extra sense as of now. I see certain things in my dreams constantly. Still trying to read the messages. If I can't for myself- why do I de j'a vous (spelled wrong) almost everyday from dreams. I speak to those beyond in my dreams and used to be able to control my dreams when I was young. Not anymore to the extent I can. I feel thing through my senses but ask for a sign concluding that it was a sign.
Old 13-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Experiencer

One school of thought suggests that they are never really gone if they live in your heart, further that they are only ever a thought away.

This from Henry Scott Holland ;

Quote:

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other,
That, we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way
which you always used.
Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect.
Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolute unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?

I am but waiting for you.
For an interval.
Somewhere. Very near.
Just around the corner.

All is well.
Old 13-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Experiencer
Your dreams are real. When you dream, your consciousness is tuned to the astral world. Dreams, lucid dreams and astral projection are all the same phenomena, only with different levels of awareness. When the level of awareness is low, the experiences are contained in the psyche and they make no sense. Since you have a good level of awareness, you can experience outside your psyche and can see, contact and interacting with others in the astral. You can train to become better at it too.

When I was a child, I had many dreams that would later come true too. But these dreams of the future were only uninteresting things that would happen to me.
Old 13-07-2015, 11:38 PM
Master
Loved ones I talk to all the time but they never had an incarnation on this planet. They are friends I know for eons.
Family members who have passed, I have no desire to connect with them. They have their own path and I would only interfere. Having said this my father some years ago came to me before he left for somewhere else outside in this galaxy to work in the non physical in a similar planet like earth.
I have helped a cousin and his son out of a confused state after committing suicide, not at the same time, so they could fully cross over.
I help if I can but don't seek connections beyond that.
Old 14-07-2015, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator
You know your loved one. You know the 'feel' of their character....their particular energy. It's like a unique scent (not literally of course, but that's the best word I can find to describe their energy-signature)
Okay, so you send out your love on that wavelength. Holding that loved one in your heart and mind in a strong but light way. That means you are not demanding that they come to you, you are not demanding of any result or do anything. You are just sending your love to connect with them heart-to-heart and to show them you know they still live and you still love them.
Unconditional. No conditions. Just because it's love and because you feel it. Do it, bless them, then let go and get on with something else, while not entirely shutting them out of your heart.

The next thing does not and cannot -always happen. But it sometimes does. And that is, some time afterwards you may feel/sense a 'response' from them. When that response comes it will feel like suddenly out of the blue, they are there, close to you. You sense them....you 'scent' them! It may only last a couple of seconds, or it may last for hours. But time doesn't really matter. You connected. Your heart will absolutely rise up and will probably want to come out of your chest. Bless them, tell them you will always be there for them, and will always love them. They will fade away most likely but may visit again.
And when that happens, there will be no shadow of a doubt.

That kind of connection is completely harmless to both, as it is from the heart and brings joy and hope.

Yes they can connect with you in dreams also. Those sorts of dreams are strong ones not easily forgotten, and they often wake you up at an odd time of night.
Old 14-07-2015, 07:39 PM
jakinthebox

Just wanted to say I have drawn a great deal of comfort from 2 of these posts. Lightseeker - I love the poem by Henry Scott Holland - it is much more eloquent than I could ever be.
Tobi, I have been attempting to do this recently without any response - you have given me a little bit of encouragement to continue trying. Maybe I try too hard??

Jaki
Old 14-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
Hi Jaki....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi

The next thing does not and cannot -always happen. But it sometimes does. And that is, some time afterwards you may feel/sense a 'response' from them.

Why can't that always happen? I don't know. I have heard a number of theories about that -such as the Soul needs time to adjust....there are skills involved in contacting the 'living' (on the earth plane)....and a few other things. Those are the two possibilities I have room for. Other theories such as a Soul needs 'credits' (selfless work in the afterlife) in order to communicate with loved ones....I have heard but cannot vouch for this theory. It does not sound quite right to me....but of course that doesn't mean I'm right. I really don't know.

But in my own experience there have been times when no matter what I do, my loved one remains quite distant emotionally. Then there are other times when I send love and sense half a second's response (if that) then they are gone again -quite distant.
Then there are times when I send my love and an hour later or even more -they turn up!

But don't let a lack of tangible reponse stop you sending messages/kind thoughts/loving thoughts/prayers from your Heart to them. From what I have experienced, those 'messages' are not wasted. The are always received.
Old 15-07-2015, 11:25 AM
Ascender
Loved ones often appear easily to us in dreams.
Old 15-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Ascender

Thing is, how do we know that its just not a dream?

Ive seen my mum in my dreams but I know it was just my brain as it was too crazy/random. people say dreams are visits to real places but my dreams are so chaotic I just cant believe that.