Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Deactivated Account

I have experienced non-existence, it's the same thing as pure existence aka awareness.
Old 26-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Ravenspirit

I can, but I don't particularly want to.
Old 27-06-2015, 01:01 AM
Super Moderator
I was quite content to imagine non-existence for a long time. It really didn't bother me. I didn't mind the idea of 'not being' at all. It always seemed like the ultimate rest. RIP....

But now I have found out that isn't possible, I am quite happy with that. But it does mean a great deal more sense of responsibility for my energy and actions as I now know I take them with me along this pathway of discovery which continues, in ways I couldn't have imagined before.
Old 28-06-2015, 11:13 AM
onimusha

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy92
You DONT even want to imagine absolute nothing. Absolute dark exists, its the opposite of God, but its different, its a void its a black mass that absorbs and devours anything, it tears you destroys you.

I have been in damnation, but luckily I was given one last chance thanks to someone...when I was little I still had nightmares of damnation and thats thousands of years away...if you trully want to experience non existence wich is damnation than go into a totally pitch black room, close doors, make it absolutely sound proof. And just be there, no sound, no light, nothing and the only thing you are sure of is that its forever and it will never end. It slowly devours you, you will cry but you cannot cry, you want to scream but you cannot scream, you want at least a glimpse of what is called existence but there is none, you and your mind only, you will go insane and your soul slowly decomposes, shatters, you dont even know if you exist or what there is absolute confusion, its unbeliavable agony...trully there is nothing worse than nothing forever. Even CIA tortures people by putting them into pitch black chamber, in few days they die of instanity...

Can you explain why some souls go into oblivion then? and who gave you a second chance and why?
Old 18-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Knower
I think you thought of a good topic and point there, metal. If the afterlife doesn't exist, then it seems the idea of non-existence could occur. However when you die as soon you go into the blackness of a body that ceases to operate, you would probably just still live as a spirit, who knows.

I also don't want the idea of my future of eternal non existence, but I would be unable to be conscious of my thoughts and feelings on that as I become dead. Disappointment and disillusionment would may not show in me as I drift to the otherworld/spiritual realm. I'd be like the flowing river, take me where the flow goes. The present conscious me wishes not my future to cease to exist again, but if it happens, then so be it. I will accept it as a spirit, who really knows to be honest. I will not be mentally conscious to express an opinion on it, therefore I will just live with it unconsciously.

I think you have a great description about pre-death, In vita mea. I sure did enjoyed the simple pleasures of life, now my future is uncertain and I am unsure to re-experience life again and have a fresh start to learn from any mistakes, if I did reincarnate after death. And yes, the stories and perceptions of the afterlife may seem quite convincing. The word "objective reality" is what you are actually meaning. I am the same, I want to find the TRUTH which is objective reality. I saw a tree in the plains, it IS there, just because I said it doesn't mean it's only true. It is REALLY true because it does exist in reality. The world is indeed quite cruel and harsh. It is mislead in some principles and needs more decent and genuine people who can create more understanding in life from all kinds of injustice.

"Being born for the first time and being a human is like waking up on your birthday and opening a birthday present that is a surprise."
Old 18-07-2015, 06:38 PM
Ascender

You still cant perceive blackness though if you dont exist?

I just have a feeling that its impossible SUBJECTIVELEY to not exist from your pov. You can only be aware/exist and its impossible for you to be aware of non existence so from your pov you will always be aware and not experience that non existence. How it works exactly I don't know?! There is some Internet stuff that kind of explains it and says that your last seconds stretch FOR YOU into eternity. Maybe we re-experience our life again through our memories in that last nanosecond. Maybe we've done it 1000s of times!

Obviously this is only on the provision of no afterlife or reincarnating mind
Old 18-07-2015, 07:01 PM
Knower
What is you're saying that we re-experience life before we die in the mind like a flashback?

I don't think we can ever be aware of non existence. If you don't exist, then our physical sensations, conscious mind and body organs cease to work.

I don't think you can perceive that either, if you don't exist. You can't come back and tell the tale that you saw the blackness, the void, the other world and the choice to incarnate when you died.

You cease to exist, so that sounds like finality to me, but I don't hope it to be definitive as only eternal non-existence.

Depends what non existence it is.

Non existence forever or temporary non existence till you waken up as another soul or person.

"Being born for the first time and being a human is like waking up on your birthday and opening a birthday present that is a surprise."
Old 18-07-2015, 07:29 PM
Ascender

"Non existence forever or temporary non existence till you waken up as another soul or person."

See perhaps you would just wake up then as that new person from your pov instantly. You wouldn't have been aware of even a billion year passed. Then again all the reincarnation accounts do state strongly that you spend time in a realm prior to reincarnating so Im not sure that the dieing and then instantly wakeing up reincarnated thing would apply.

Its something I do question; I think from their pov what are my mother & father experiencing now?? If they aren't experiencing anything how could you even begin to imagine not experiencing anything? Is it possible? Must you always experience something??
Old 18-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
You still cant perceive blackness though if you dont exist?

I just have a feeling that its impossible SUBJECTIVELEY to not exist from your pov. You can only be aware/exist and its impossible for you to be aware of non existence so from your pov you will always be aware and not experience that non existence. How it works exactly I don't know?! There is some Internet stuff that kind of explains it and says that your last seconds stretch FOR YOU into eternity. Maybe we re-experience our life again through our memories in that last nanosecond. Maybe we've done it 1000s of times!

Obviously this is only on the provision of no afterlife or reincarnating mind

I hope we don't have to keep experiencing the same lives over & over. Every person suffering the same pain & hardships again and again. Only the very lucky in life experience no difficulties. I'd prefer to experience nothing than to have exactly the same life over & over.
Old 18-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by In vita mea
I hope we don't have to keep experiencing the same lives over & over. Every person suffering the same pain & hardships again and again. Only the very lucky in life experience no difficulties. I'd prefer to experience nothing than to have exactly the same life over & over.

I don't believe in reincarnation as being reborn again and again, but would believe that all our other lives to be happening all at once.

In other words every person living now at this very moment 'are' our other lives. That all our lives are happening all at once are now experiencing billions of instances of 'cause and effect' at every given moment.

I suppose this also gives another thought to 'Treat others or do unto as you would treat or do to yourself' the commandment for example; 'Love your neighbour as yourself, there is no greater commandment than this'.

Looking deeper into this could mean by; what you give out is being reflected back to you, the energy you give onto others is being 're experienced' in the now, back in ourselves. Back into our own selves, to all our other lives all living and happening now. The effect could mean that a our other life could take a turn on their path to learn from their causes onto others.

I suppose could make us think again as to how we treat others, we could be hurting or loving ourselves in our other lives now.

That's my theory.