Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 16-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
You will - but only when you see it for what it really is.
And that would be
Old 17-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
And that would be

And, that would be up to you.

You could say the ball's in your court, now.

You believe you see something of a negative possibly evil nature has made some sort of move against you, and it's now your move. What do you figure you should make of it, and what if anything is there to do about what you think is really happening? Is it real? Is there anything to be truly afraid of, or is it your own thoughts that have created this within your imagination?

Old 17-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl

And, that would be up to you.

You could say the ball's in your court, now.

You believe you see something of a negative possibly evil nature has made some sort of move against you, and it's now your move. What do you figure you should make of it, and what if anything is there to do about what you think is really happening? Is it real? Is there anything to be truly afraid of, or is it your own thoughts that have created this within your imagination?

I don't know
Old 17-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Master
Why don't you stop meditating?
Old 17-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
Why don't you stop meditating?

beat me to it
Old 17-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

I need to know what will happen to me after death and I need to know why when I'm relaxed and supposed to be hearing god I hear hell
Old 17-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Master
I don't see why he should stop meditation.
How long have you been meditating and what sort of meditation?
Why don't u try doing a mantra meditation and if that don't work do some other
meditation till you get 1 that works.Don't ask scary questions and just focus on
your mantra or on the stillness.Someone told me that it is just scenery so don't worry about it and focus on your mantra.
I think it was Jesus that said look for the kingdom of heaven inside you and the rest will follow.It is a journey u have to take on for yourself no one can help you
on this path.When you find the kingdom of heaven then hell does not mean anything and your fear will be gone even if there is a hell.
there are allot of nde people with dif. story's so one is telling a lie or its like
someone says hell is in your head and every one experience hell different but
it does not matter if you have found GOD.then u are really free
Old 17-09-2014, 09:02 PM
TaoSandwich

In meditation, only in retrospect can you know if you are having a spiritual experience. In my experiences, most of the times that I try to get answers to questions during meditation or think I'm having a divine experience, it is usually just my mind shouting its fears out to me (and it shouts loudly!). Given your fear of hell, I strongly believe that this is what you are experiencing.

I feel like meditation is akin to prayer in terms of connecting with the divine, but it is more pure because your soul is often the one doing the talking, not your lips. However, since this communication comes from deep within, when it arises to your consciousness, it is startling, almost as if someone else is bringing up these fears, desires, thoughts and images. All you have to do is let them pass and let your concerns and pains reach out to heaven and soon enough, you will begin the path of healing.

Best Wishes,
-TaoSandwich
Old 17-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
I don't see why he should stop meditation.
How long have you been meditating and what sort of meditation?
Why don't u try doing a mantra meditation and if that don't work do some other
meditation till you get 1 that works.Don't ask scary questions and just focus on
your mantra or on the stillness.Someone told me that it is just scenery so don't worry about it and focus on your mantra.
I think it was Jesus that said look for the kingdom of heaven inside you and the rest will follow.It is a journey u have to take on for yourself no one can help you
on this path.When you find the kingdom of heaven then hell does not mean anything and your fear will be gone even if there is a hell.
there are allot of nde people with dif. story's so one is telling a lie or its like
someone says hell is in your head and every one experience hell different but
it does not matter if you have found GOD.then u are really free

Several the one I usually try is I ask a question in my mind close my eyes and try to focus on my breathing white waiting to hear an answer
Old 17-09-2014, 09:48 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21771
waiting to hear an answer

I suspect this is a big part of the problem. If you are consciously waiting for something to happen, then you are in a very direct and real sense influencing exactly what does happen and when.

Try not actually waiting for anything.

You mentioned that you 'hear hell'. So drown out the auditory part of things. Stick some headphones on and listen to some rhythmic music. Anything really percussive works for me. You can even allow your mind to lock onto the rhythm of the music. When people say to focus on your breathing, its not actually the breathing that does anything. We all breath anyway. It has little to do with meditation, except as a rhythmic, almost monotonous thing to focus on so that our mind doesn't wander off to other conscious thoughts (actually this isn't purely true - controlled breathing also helps keep your blood nice and oxygen rich, but your built in autonomous survival mechanism will do that for you anyway).

And you also mentioned earlier that you are listening for 'god'. Again it doesn't really work like that. All the knowledge is there for the taking, but if you decide in advance who or what you expect to hear, then all that's going to happen is you'll get something purely manufactured by your own subconscious.

Meditation is not like phoning someone up or communicating on a forum. You don't really set out with specific things you want to ask. You go in with a totally open mind, and once your mind is fully open, the answers you seek just kind of fall into place.