Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Master
Rich: I have been cataloging people talking to the dead - through hypnotherapy - which includes past life regressions, seeing soul mates, seeing departed loved ones. I can tell you the stories are dramatic, rich, wonderful...

I love to hear true stories like these. Is there somewhere I can read what you've collected, rich?

I had a similar experience with my mother after she died, to what you describe with your father.

I felt her come into my home and say to me, "When I was alive I learned that love is the most important thing. Now I know it's the only important thing. Please tell everyone I know." I did.

Xan

Old 30-05-2012, 08:39 PM
RichMartini

Another sure fire way to connect with people who've passed away is to do something selfless for them. And by that I mean plant a flower in their name, take out a picture and caress it and send them a funny thought - or memory. Then take yourself out of the answer, because you're doing something that's not about you - it's about them. "Just sending a little love your way. If you can contact me that would be great, but if not, that's ok too. Just sending some love."

<snip> an actress who I met working on "Salt" got a call from John Edward - she didn't know he was a famous psychic. He had found her through SAG and he said "I have a message from your father to you." Not many folks knew he'd committed suicide when she was a little girl - so she went to John's offices (with her boyfriend, just in case he was hitting on her!) and he said "I was in a session the other day and your dad came thru, so I tracked you down." He said he wanted to tell her something - and as he sat with her he said "He wants you to call your mom." so she did. "Mom, you'll never guess where I am.." Her mom knew who John Edward was.

John told the mom that her husband who had died wanted her to find something for him. So the mom took her phone and walked through their house in Michigan, downstairs. John directed her "in the basement, in the back room, there's a shelf. He's showing me a red book." She went looking for it, as the actress sat in his office, listening in. When the mom found the book John said "open it. there are some pictures. That's what he wants you to remember about him." There were pictures of the dad, in happier days, before depression set in, before his suicide. They were just one happy family together. John looked at the actress "Your father wants you to remember him as he was, and as he is now. Happy."

So the father couldn't reach the daughter in a traditional way - couldn't reach the mother either - he used John Edward, famous psychic to reach them both - John didn't know the actress, but had to call SAG to find her contact info, and then to have someone from her agency call her on the phone and tell her about his odd call. My point is - try to stop worrying about people contacting you, and just take the time to focus and contact them. They'll reach you in whatever way they can.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 31-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Solitude

Reading and re-reading your message, RichMartini. You're lucky to have the ability to hear ''the party on the other side'' (like the analogy).

Thank you so much for your insights, they are very appreciated. Whether or not I get a message from the other side, I'll always pray and send love to my dead. Hope the little gestures went through, as you said they do. Maybe one day I'll know.
Old 31-05-2012, 10:18 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitude
Yes, I keep on praying to ''my dead''. Sometimes I plead and get frustrated: ''Why can't you give me a sign, just a little sign? Where are you?''. I do wonder if it's true, why we can't have a last message from the other side.

I can't really read books on after-death communication, it's just too frustrating to me. I feel jealous of others who get messages. It's dumb, I know, but it's the way I sometimes feel.

Sometimes this takes time.
Remember if your loved ones are newly departed,they too have to learn how to communicate.
For one thing,they need a good medium to enable them to come through to us.
Have you tried your local spiritualist church?
Do not expect messages on first visits though you may be lucky to receive one.
it is not like a neighbour popping in from next door.
Imagine a phone call where the sound is not that clear,spirit do have difficulties sometimes.
Good luck!

Deepsea
Old 03-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Master
Good work, Rich. I hope your book benefits many.

Xan

Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
RichMartini

From your lips to God's ear. (Just love that phrase) Thanks.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitude
I enjoy reading books on the afterlife but, when it comes to receiving messages from the dead, I tune out. All these anecdotes of people getting messages from their loved ones create a hope to also hear from the dead. When nothing comes, it only creates unrealistic expectations and misery. I want to believe but...

I know a very ill kept secret.

Loved ones become a part of you,, they take up space in your heart. they never really leave us. This alone can facilitate communication with them after they have moved on.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingMistress
I've literally pleaded, begged , even for the tiniest little sign ...

I heard somewhere and it made a big impression on me - it was about God tho when praying....
That God doesn't repond to tears and begging - He responds to faith.

It 'could' be the same with our departed loved ones - I don't know...but when I died in a dream - I visited back here and said,
"Gee, everyone's crying...I've got things to do and places to go, I'm outta here." Yawn, boring.
It just wasn't for me.

I believe they are in a fabulous place - meet them on equal ground -
joyously wait to be visited by them -same time and place for a few weeks.
It may be the ticket.

Good luck to everyone.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Just my thoughts here as I don't have any direct experience of trying to communicate with loved ones but it might be more difficult when you're full of grief and desperation because such feelings lower your vibration. I have read this in spiritual books over and over again - it's only when vibration is high enough that spirits can lower their own vibration to meet us halfway (ish) and give a sign or make their presence known.

I'm quite psychic but I've noticed that it's when I'm happy and joyful that the most intense experiences occur. I almost completely lose my connection during times when I;m deeply upset. This isn't always the case but it's the general pattern.

I know it's pretty hard to not feel grief when a loved one is lost so I understand advice like this can be frustrating but I hope it offers some explanation as to why sometimes there are no signs from loved ones.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Master
We can't make ourselves not feel desperate when we do, but we can remember to come from the heart when we ask for a response from spirit or God... as deeply as we can feel in the moment. Your inner heart is the open line.

Xan