Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Gordon

Book1 What I Think Happens After Death

Okay, here it goes:

We live this life to learn lessons we will use in the next phase of existence. I call that phase the "Lucid Spiritual Plane."

Our lucid spiritual plane is like a lucid dream, only we never wake up from it--because we're dead.

This is based on the idea (for which there is a lot of evidence) that our consciousness is not an emergent phenomena of our neural activity but rather is external to our mind and brain. Like this:

Monistic Entity of Fundamental Consciousness--Soul--Mind--Brain--Body--
Environment

The soul contains memories and volition and it co-creates the mind with the actions of the brain. Upon death there are some aspects of mind that remain with the soul which is always on its lucid spiritual plane, but while we live it is unconscious of if mostly--dreams, especially lucid dreams occur as a result of our becoming a little more conscious of it when when we shut down our sense to some degree during sleep.

Two things can happen when we die and become lucid on our spiritual plane. We can turn it into heaven or we can turn it into hell. Because the Divine (the monistic entity of fundamental consciousness) does not want to experience hell, reincarnation occurs in that instance. Thus we come back to live here again and learn the lessons we need to learn to make our lucid spiritual plane work out.

One important thing to keep in mind is that when we are dead and lucid in our spiritual plane we are not who we are currently seeing in the mirror. We are in fact the amalgamation of the many lifetimes we have lived.

So, what do you think?
Old 14-05-2012, 05:51 AM
primrose

I think you've given me a lot to think about, though it does make sense.
Old 14-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Gordon

Thanks, Primrose.
Old 14-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Master
Death, what's that, I can never die.
Old 15-05-2012, 11:22 PM
b3yond33

@Veridican I pretty much agree with what you said...

I think that one has two options:

1. Go thru the white light to continue on their spiritual path and accept their new reality.

2. Remain attached to certain places, people, objects, etc. on the physical plane or having fear of what may happen if they did go thru the light, which results in that spirit being stuck on the Earth plane until it's ready to progress.

I assume one gets to choose when they want to reincarnate. Why would one choose to? To experience a different life in a new body and if that new body happens to be an animal for example, then a new perspective. Another reason would be to cleanse their bad karma that was accumulated during their lifetimes.

Everything is about choice. Freewill is what allows one to be able to choose whatever it is they desire.
Old 19-05-2012, 06:12 AM
Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

I agree. "You," the real definition of what you are is not something that dies. This physical body does, but we are not our physical bodies. We merely use them. One of the first spiritual lessons must be that we are not our bodies.

And yet I still fear death and I fear the loss that comes with it. I consider that a weakness, a spiritual immaturity.

Ed
Old 19-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3yond33
@Veridican I pretty much agree with what you said...

I think that one has two options:

1. Go thru the white light to continue on their spiritual path and accept their new reality.

2. Remain attached to certain places, people, objects, etc. on the physical plane or having fear of what may happen if they did go thru the light, which results in that spirit being stuck on the Earth plane until it's ready to progress.

I assume one gets to choose when they want to reincarnate. Why would one choose to? To experience a different life in a new body and if that new body happens to be an animal for example, then a new perspective. Another reason would be to cleanse their bad karma that was accumulated during their lifetimes.

Everything is about choice. Freewill is what allows one to be able to choose whatever it is they desire.

Very interesting. So, do you believe these people whose bodies have died, but who will not cross over become ghosts?
Old 29-05-2012, 09:01 AM
LovingMistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridican

And yet I still fear death and I fear the loss that comes with it. I consider that a weakness, a spiritual immaturity.

Ed

Me too on both points , even though I agree with everything posted thus far . It's like brain versus mind !
Old 04-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Samsakra

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice

It is so good to know that we are eternal. I have not long found this out. My question is, just how old am I?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Samsakra

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridican
I agree. "You," the real definition of what you are is not something that dies. This physical body does, but we are not our physical bodies. We merely use them. One of the first spiritual lessons must be that we are not our bodies.

Ed
I understand what you are saying and I feel the same way about fear. It might be the unknowing part, the how will it happen or when will it happen that feeds the fear. I read somewhere, a long time ago that it is more painful to be born than to die? Don't we kind of die everytime we go to sleep? We exit one door and enter another. Still freaks a little though!