Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-05-2012, 10:31 PM
purplesoul

Did I really "see" my father?

I've been wondering about this for years. Perhaps I will finally get some answers. Ok, so here goes:

I was pregnant. My water broke and I had to have an emergency c-section. (Baby was breech.) Anyway, I had recently moved to a foreign country. My father passed away suddenly when I was 6 months pregnant. I am lying in the hospital with a baby monitor strapped to me as they monitor contractions. I remember feeling little tingles of contractions--very light.

I looked out the door and saw my father coming toward me with a beautiful huge bouquet of flowers! He was wearing his navy blue track suit and had a big smile on his face!

I didn't see him as a ghost. I saw him in my mind's eye. So.....do you think my father really came to visit me? Or was I simply wishing him to be there?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:35 PM
MYFIGO

I think he was there. That was a lovely experience. I would treasure it.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator
Yes, They come around. He knew you were in the process of having this baby. You were probably scared. He knew this and you probably felt everything would be ok.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Master
The most important question to ask is.....Do you feel it was real?..it was your experience, everyone else can only speculate to it being real or not..... many blessings to you.........Peace x
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Mayflow

You imagined it. Nice imagining! :-)

There is always a portion of the subconscious that can always be helpful to us and knows what can help us when needed. It's a gift of Gold to us.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:26 PM
purplesoul

Thanks for the insight. I remember being completely bored waiting for something to happen. I think he was there. I think he wanted me to know that he was there with me. The minute I realized what I saw it disappeared. I saw him and thought "Wow! Did I just see Dad?" And the minute I said that to myself he disappeared/went away. So I guess I CHOOSE to believe that he was there. Because I needed him to be!!

After my father died and before I had my baby, I prayed that somehow I could make a deal with him and that he'd watch over her. He wouldn't be a part of her life in the physical form but I really wanted him to be her "guardian". I've been told by psychics that he visits me and my family so I think he's watching over her and all of us.

I recently took a picture of my daughter on her birthday and there were tons of orbs around her! I told her they were her grampa keeping an eye on her. I choose to believe that because it gives me comfort plus I believe it to be true. I cannot conceive of the idea that I will never see my father again.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Administrator
Hey Purplesoul,

The answer to your question is yes you did see your dad, our loved ones can let us know in many ways that they are around us, he was coming to see you, and he would have seen the baby,

Namaste
Old 03-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesoul
Thanks for the insight. I remember being completely bored waiting for something to happen. I think he was there. I think he wanted me to know that he was there with me. The minute I realized what I saw it disappeared. I saw him and thought "Wow! Did I just see Dad?" And the minute I said that to myself he disappeared/went away. So I guess I CHOOSE to believe that he was there. Because I needed him to be!!

After my father died and before I had my baby, I prayed that somehow I could make a deal with him and that he'd watch over her. He wouldn't be a part of her life in the physical form but I really wanted him to be her "guardian". I've been told by psychics that he visits me and my family so I think he's watching over her and all of us.

I recently took a picture of my daughter on her birthday and there were tons of orbs around her! I told her they were her grampa keeping an eye on her. I choose to believe that because it gives me comfort plus I believe it to be true. I cannot conceive of the idea that I will never see my father again.

You see your Father any time you choose to and that is your choice to do so. How he saw things and how your daughter sees is up to them to see, and I know a lot of people will come here and tell you it was somehow your dead dad you saw, but I just doubt that. You are making your own choices how to see and we all do, but not everyone is honest about it. Very few it would seem. What I think you saw is an ideal you hold and adhere to.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 AM
MYFIGO

Just because you feel differently than others, Mayflow does not mean that others are being dishonest.

I know that I see spirits and communicate with them and am able to give messages to others that I could not know otherwise. Every day I have experiences that give others hope and peace and joy. That is why I encourage Purplesoul about her experience.

We can build people up or tear them down with our words. You may feel it is in someone's best interest to state the facts as you see them but it's also possible that you may not have all of the information available to you. I hope that someday you may have an experience like this and can be open minded enough to appreciate and cherish it.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
Just because you feel differently than others, Mayflow does not mean that others are being dishonest.

I know that I see spirits and communicate with them and am able to give messages to others that I could not know otherwise. Every day I have experiences that give others hope and peace and joy. That is why I encourage Purplesoul about her experience.

We can build people up or tear them down with our words. You may feel it is in someone's best interest to state the facts as you see them but it's also possible that you may not have all of the information available to you. I hope that someday you may have an experience like this and can be open minded enough to appreciate and cherish it.

No, we cannot build [other] people up nor can we tear them down with our words. Everyone seeks and finds that which they seek on their own. We can do nothing for anyone but be honest with everyone and each will find that which they seek and improve what they seek in time accordingly. This is not different for me than for anyone else, albeit we may each have our own unique approaches from time to time.