Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-03-2012, 11:34 AM
SpiritualBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
I do. On the day that we are born we are trapped in a tiny body. We cry at the immense discomfort, a soul once free from any binds and any limitations now trapped in 8 pounds of flesh. This body has so many needs, and we suffer only to fulfill those needs. Once this body dies, the soul is free again, borne into the same consciousness it has always had, except --- now it understands just how beautiful it is, now it understands freedom, now it understands perfection, now it understands what is IS, because it has experienced what it is NOT.

What bliss. :))

beautifully said. Thank you!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Ascender

In one of the books I was reading it revealed that there are cultures who actually feel this way. They celebrate death because now the person is returning Home to the spiritual world, away from the experiencing the pains and difficulties of living physically on Earth. In contrast, these cultures don't really celebrate birth because of this. I actually agree that this is the correct way of thinking though.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerscientist
The day of your death is more joyous than the day of your birth.

Who thinks this statement is true?
You can't know because you do not remember birth. You also don't know how you will die, or if you are prepared for it, or expect it.

Because of these reasons the question makes therefor no sense..
Old 31-05-2012, 07:29 PM
metarealityseeker

HONESTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry (sort of) if I am offensive But I HAD to speak up

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
It would depend on how many times you have been born. If you have been reborn spiritually by repenting of your sins and putting your faith in Jesus Christ then your sins have all been forgiven and death means that you will leave this world and go to be with Christ. If you haven't experienced this second birth then death means that your will have to face God and be judged for your sins.

I'm sorry but this is the absolute DANGER of xtianity...it's their way or the highway (to hell literally) and to be honest with you, I don't want to serve a god, universe, source that basis it's very existence on fear and judgement. I am JUST as spiritual as any xtian is. I am NOT blind because I do not subscribe to it's dogma.

Grew up 32 yrs of being an evangelical xtian convinced I had something the whole 'lost' world needed. TSK sad, how judgemental I was although never realized it. How sad to scare people with the concept of hell. How arrogant to believe no one can see spiritually without 'christ' inside.

I am more 'spiritual' now than I have ever been my entire life. My goal is to love others and see everyone as a spiritual being who has chosen to have a human experience(s). I do not judge anyone or their 'evolvement' process. Xtians base their WHOLE ideology on the concept that they are not a 'religion' but a 'relationship' with jc...HOG WASH

I strive to be christ-like, I strive to have Buddha consciousness, I embrace the Tao and many other spiritual texts that outdate xtianity by far and don't let me get into the whole manipulation of their 'holy' (HA) scriptures and the millions of people they TORTURED and KILLED in their precious 'saviors' name.

The very 'church' (protestant) was founded by Martin Luther and he has the blood of millions of beautiful jews on his shoulders.

Xtianity has presented war, hate, fear and judgement.

You can KEEP YOUR 'god' and I will enjoy embracing ALL of creation, animate and inanimate beings as a spark of the divine INCLUDING ME.
Old 31-05-2012, 07:31 PM
metarealityseeker

By the way

I am thankful that once my eyes were opened to the xtian garbage I was truly

"BORN AGAIN"
Old 31-05-2012, 07:40 PM
contentest

Quote:

Either there is some sort of point to existence, in which case time means progress, in which case one is (at least slightly) higher evolved or further along whatever path at death, than at birth.

Or existence is pointless and random, in which case death means your final end after which there is nothing, which means it is the end of all kinds of pain inherent in life.

Prognosis looks good.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:54 PM
coolchic101

Quote:

I've been told that birth is more traumatic than death. You are in the comfort of a womb where it is warm and secure and then you go down a tunnel and once you arrived it is extremely cold environment.
that's why some mothers "intuitively" choose waterbirth or homebirth instead of a hospital birth because they want it to be a comforting environment.
When I have done readings for pregnant women. I try to talk to the spirit of their unborn and 1 unborn said telepathically "I DO NOT WANT FORCEPS" so I have to relay the message to their mothers. I would rather be wrong than to regret not saying it. So the mother advised her doctor that she refuses to have forceps. I do not intend to tell people what to do. I am just the messenger. I work with my intuitive and relay the message to the person. What they do with my insight is up to them.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:13 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchic101
When I have done readings for pregnant women. I try to talk to the spirit of their unborn and 1 unborn said telepathically "I DO NOT WANT FORCEPS" so I have to relay the message to their mothers. I would rather be wrong than to regret not saying it. So the mother advised her doctor that she refuses to have forceps.

I had a homebirth with my daughter :) but not for comfort, but that is nice to realize its more comforting than a hospital but i did it for health reasons...to avoid unecessary interventions by the hospital that could pose danger...homebirths are supposed to be safer with a trained midwife as long as it isn't a high risk pregnancy and mother and baby are in good health.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
What is even more joyous, is to realize that there is no death and there is no one born.

Agreed