Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Halcyon

Death

"Game over... The end... Stop...

Death is usually such a taboo. We seem to do everything we can to avoid it. In our culture death is usually the most avoided, the most denied. We are so terrified of it, so frightened of being nothing, of not existing. This body will die sometime; however, right now you have the opportunity to meet death before the body dies, to recognise your misidentification with the body. It is the misidentification with the body that dies. And in this dying, you wake up to the truth of who You really are.

Perhaps you fear not existing. In death 'you' do not exist. Many have said, "But you are Existence." Believing this does not help you. You have to know this for yourself. Meet the fear of non-existence, and dive into the possibility of your not existing. Who or what is it that will not exist? You do not exist right now. Who do you think you are? Are you willing to die right now, to be dead to who you were, dead to who you think you are and dead to who you think you will be? Now, what remains?

Are you the body? Are you contained inside this bag of fleash and bones? This is the normal assumption which usually goes unquestioned. This is the assumption of a seperate identity which inhabits a seperate body. But if, right now, you investigate whether this assumption is really the truth, what do you find? Right now, are You not aware of the body? Isn't the body appearing right now in your awareness? Is not the sensation that is felt right now, appearing in this awareness? Trust what you find to be true. What I am pointing to is a total turn-around. See that you are not in the body, but the body is in You. This is the radical but simple truth.

In recognising that you are not in the body, you recognise who You really are.Who You are is never contained, never limited to or by any body. Who You are is never limited or affected in anyway by whatever happens. Who You are is simply aware of this body, just as it is aware of whatever is happening. So if this body dies, do You die? Die right now. Know that You are not this body and know death right now.

Death is timelessness. The end of time. With the end of a belief in a seperate identity, there is no time. See that nothing ever happened. There is only absolute Presence. No one left to notice the passing of time, no one left to remember what happened yesterday or hope for what might happen tomorrow. No one left at all.

Death is the beginning of life. Die to who you think you are and wake up to life as You actually are. This is Love. This is Freedom. The death of everything that has ever defined you. Death of all reference points. The willingness to be present with naked death reveals the absolute, undeniable beauty and presence of what is eternally alive. Meeting death right now is waking up to yourself as timeless presence."

-Unmani

www.not-knowing.com
Old 16-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Master
wait_what_? such a powerful treatise, and then, it's not "yours"
i am in agreement with much of the essay; yet i vehemently (no, too strong) disagree with it. I dislike labels myself... they are limits... yet, some apply here. An intrinsic feature of "me" is Life. Life cannot be removed from me. I am "indivisible" from myself. Death is as a doorway... a means of escape for that which cannot comfortably abide in my presence. I AM Body. For so long I denied this. Body IS Manifestation. Body IS Creation. All that exists MUST exist in "body". Even the emphemeral whisps of fleeting thoughts occupy "body" if they can ever be said to have had existance.
The third paragraph states that the "normal assumption" is that people believe themselves to be a body. My human experience has been that people "commonly presuppose" that they are 'within' a body. That their 'spirit-forms' will be reborne anew in another dimension. *** I agree that "a total turn-around" is called for.
It seems insane to think that Life is begotten from Death. It seems insane to think we need to "experience" Death in order to gain Life. INSANE.
It is true that if we are to embrace Death, we shall discover ourselves 'reborn', but this is because Death CANNOT contain us. Death (the Void) is NOTHING. Life is EVERYTHING.
The experience of Death, is the experience of nothing. It is NO_EXPERIENCE.!
-----------------end-of-line
Old 07-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Master
Hmmm, I agree with aquarius123. somewhat. Death, as in dying, IS transitional -- a process of transformation. This method is NOT preferable to others that I can imagine. The State-of-Being 'dead' is "null". I belittle any idea that would elevate this state to something with any value. [respectfully]
The "value" of zero is zero. "Nothing" is bereft of value. Am I splitting hairs? Yes; these hairs NEED splitting. [we should not banish zero from the number line; it IS useful !]
I disagree with the need to undergo a death process; because I do not see the need for an END to ones lifetime. [does God die each night when the Sun sets?]
And I confess to not being anxious to "save" a great deal of pain and suffering... let pain and suffering die if it is determined to do so. I would prefer being saved FROM (needless) pain and suffering. The wording is everything here; let's understand what we're saying. Am I understood?

"I love everybody, and everything" - Scrooge
Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Seeker

No one left to notice the passing of time, no one left to remember what happened yesterday or hope for what might happen tomorrow. No one left at all.

Now, just why would one desire something like that? I never understood this nothingness talk. I am a consciousness that feels, knowns, sees and loves to do so. I love the passing of time, because without it there would be no change, no growth, no beauty, no relationships, nothing. Nothing sucks. I love to be a separate identity (not meaning isolated), because that means I can interact with other identities with a will of their own, why would I want to lose that?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius123
The Christ within you will have mastery over all the atoms of your physical body

Who or what is in control of them now?
Old 08-08-2011, 11:02 AM
Master
Thanks aquarius123, your words often move me. :)
Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 AM
manu

All I feel about death is I am never dying. Since even on death I will be disintegrated into small cosmoses, the parts that come from the whole and for a while I will be whirling in this seemingly chaotic world but with a short respite I will be again reunited or reintegrated. I am connected and I will not be far away from you. I will be amongst you or I will be part of you integrally