Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-12-2010, 04:26 AM
xxKatt

The importanace of atmosphere.

How importnant is the atmosphere you are loceted in while projecting? Are there ways to improve the area you practise in? Any rituals that can create a safer environment and a more comfortable atmosphere for projection?
Old 16-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Master

Do whatever you feel comfortable with. Some people like to have candles or insence to create atmosphere. I do not do any of that. The only requirement I have is a room where no one will come in so I will not be disturbed.
Old 16-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Master
If you're truly concerned about atmosphere, I would agree with any form of cleansing/purification of your space. I'm not too sure about candles, though - you don't want to leave candles unattended while you're off in the astral realm.

All I do is imagine pure, white/golden light around me and my room so I know I won't be harmed. (But I haven't had a full, conscious AP yet...)

So I'd say - as astralsuzy pointed out - to do whatever feels comfortable.

~Ev

Old 16-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Master

I would not leave candles unattended either. Some people use them but they use them in a safe way so nothing bad will happen. I would feel better not to use candles.
Old 17-12-2010, 12:19 AM
dhaga

A protection ritual is helpful if it gives you better piece of mind; worries can stop your projection or increase the time it takes for you to project, since your mind keeps going back to them.

Another good reason not to use candles if you're worried about leaving them unattended while you're gone.

Whatever feels good is what you should use. I sometimes burn incense or use an oil burner to help me with a relaxing scent, but often I go with nothing at all :)
Old 17-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Master
Katt... Your inner environment is really more important than the outer. Here are a few ways to create a sense of ease and safety within yourself.

* Allow yourself to relax down deeply, and into a feeling of safety which you may find in your inner heart.

* Visualize pure light flowing from the universe through your crown and throughout your body and all around you like a protective cocoon.

* Ask for your angels and guides to be with you, and feel the support of their presence.

Xan