Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Master
awww that is very sweet James ... I remember being with my son in our vegie garden when he was 3 yrs or so ... and we were watching the bees on the broccoli flowers, which had gone to seed, and he asked ... 'how do the bees get the honey into the jar?' lol ...
Old 06-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
awww that is very sweet James ... I remember being with my son in our vegie garden when he was 3 yrs or so ... and we were watching the bees on the broccoli flowers, which had gone to seed, and he asked ... 'how do the bees get the honey into the jar?' lol ...

lol............
Old 06-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Master
Those kidlet stories of yours are just too adorable, ws and sound!

p.s. Last night tried to share some pictures I took but lost my ability to post the larger photos - a yellow rose bush near the front of the property - Idk why these things happen - so frustrating.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Master
Hey SG I wish i could help you with the pics ... are they stored on your PC?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Master
There are a few more Bromeliads out in my garden this month ...

Old 07-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Suspended
The colours of the flower in your first photo are incredible - red, pink, yellow & purple...what a riot! Aren't they unusual? A huge display of red and then the tiniest protrusions of yellow/purple.

I have some 'normal' tulips just emerging and took a snap while on the way to feed the fish this morning. The frilly daffodils to the left are on their last legs and have begun to droop...to make way for the smart upright red & yellow tulips.

The daffs remind me of tired old ladies & gents bent and shuffling. The tulips are the bright young things full of good intentions & high morals.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Master
Yes Bromeliads are unusual flowers ... the one in the close up is taken looking down on the flower closest to the Buddha in the second shot ... they are quite tubular in shape.
You must have a brilliant gardener Squatch ... your flowers always look so healthy and never nibbled at lol ...

I did end up visiting the Hunter Valley Gardens with my mum today as planned ... what a treat! And I did remember to take my camera ... I found a purple/mauve rose Squatch ... this first lot of pics are taken in the Rose Garden ... dedicated to grandmothers all over the world and the love they express for their grandchildren ... the sculptures in the centre are just stunning!

Old 08-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Suspended
Quote:
You must have a brilliant gardener Squatch ... your flowers always look so healthy and never nibbled at lol ...

Evening Kate

I appear to have a garden without slugs/snails...but I think that's unlikely. Mind you, I can't remember ever seeing one. I do have a bog pond and I've seen frogs...so maybe they do all the hard work for me!

I get my fair share of greenfly on the roses when they are in bloom. However, I do have a rather large soft spot for the little creatures...so maybe they are aware of that and leave the pretty flowers alone so I can enjoy them!!

The purple rose is perfect. You've captured it brilliantly. And the sculptures are wonderful. I expected to see tonnes of people in the background - was it not busy?
Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Master
There were heaps of people but I just bided my time and waited till they dispersed before clicking ... they held an Easter Egg hunt for the kids so half the universe were there, but not in the main garden area. Here are a few more pics ...

The first is LillyPilly, sculptured into these incredible shapes

The Brokeback Mountain Brumbies in the distance there ...

Also Francis of Assissi ... that is a real duck on the top step at his feet there

A red Rose which looks like velvet! ... and a bird bath full of the petals of pink impatiens ...

Old 08-04-2012, 12:12 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..
Quote:
There were heaps of people but I just bided my time and waited till they dispersed before clicking ... they held an Easter Egg hunt for the kids so half the universe were there, but not in the main garden area. Here are a few more pics ...

The first is LillyPilly, sculptured in these incredible shapes

The Brokeback Brumbies in the distance there ...

Also Francis of Assissi ... that is a real duck on the top step at his feet there

A red Rose which looks like velvet! ... and a bird bath full of the petals of pink impatiens ...

Very nice!!

Be well..